1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Need Recipe for Family Christmas Party!!!

1. crysboo

crysboo Novice Member

ok heres my delima... my family christmas party is on saturday (around noon) my husband and i are going to a wedding out of town friday night and sleeping at a hotel, saturday morning we are going straight from the hotel to the christmas party.... when am i supposed to cook???:cry:
    I need advice/recipes to make something ahead of time that will be good by the time i get there!!
    please help!!!

Dec 16, 2009
  2. Jules711

Jules711 Veteran Member Silver Member

How about bread? I tend to bring that a lot for gatherings b/c I can make it ahead of time. I use the mini loaf pan and make a cinnamon bread and a chocolate one.

Otherwise, can you have ingredients there and ready to assemble? Then you can choose a fairly simple recipe to throw together. Like crab rangoon dip or something like that. You chop up some stuff and throw it in the microwave. A layered Mexican Dip (there are a few PC ones if that's what you really want).

I'm guessing it's not like a refrigerator outside where you are. HERE, I could make a lot of things and just leave it in the car :).

My last gathering (b/c I had NO time), I simply had cream cheese with our newer sauces on them. The Ginger Wasabi was a hit. I would have brought the Pineapple one, but didn't have it. People snacked on it a lot before and after the main meal :).

Dec 16, 2009
  3. crysboo

crysboo Novice Member

well i'm still semi new to pc and i don't have a whole lot of products so the bread won't work.... and the family party consists of roughly 50-60 ppl and i know the kitchen will be full, so i really don't want to assemble anything there... and i don't have any more sauces!! lol
    these were all really great ideas though! sorry i have to be so complicated...lol

Dec 16, 2009
  4. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

Do you have any seasonings? Like Southwestern? You mix it with Mayo and sour cream.. serve with veggies or chips.

What about brownies? The Warm Carmal Nutty Brownies are good even if not warm! Or, do PB cookies in the mini muffin pan, when they come out put a hershey kiss in them and there ya go.

That would be my ideas... desserts. They are easy enough to keep with out to much fuss. Good luck!

Dec 16, 2009
  5. CAPCnewbie

CAPCnewbie Member

Can you put together the Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie once you get there? You can pick up the ingredients on the way, bring your batter bowl and ston along and just prepare it when you get there. I've done this for a few open houses I've gone too and its super easy and everyone loves it.Just a thought

Dec 16, 2009
  6. straitfan

straitfan Veteran Member Gold Member

Do you have a trifle bowl? I've made those before and kept in a cooler. (or you could probably assemble one of some sort in the hotel room that morning!!) (brings back memories of a hilarious night when someone got a huge kick out of the fact that I was "cooking in the bathroom at a hotel once! LOL)

Just a pan (could be bought) of brownies, some pudding, cool whip, maybe some fruit. I can give you more details if you have the bowl.

Dec 16, 2009
  7. crysboo

crysboo Novice Member

Thanks guys for all of the great ideas.... but I decided to make fudge! i'm making it tonight: Rocky Road with pecans and Peanut Butter made with Honey Roaster PB....
    its easy and will only take me a few minutes and i know it will still be good Saturday... I hope it comes out good with my new little twist on them.
    thanks again everyone... now i have bunches of great ideas for next time i'm in a pinch!

Dec 17, 2009
Have something to add?