• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Ideas on a Fundraiser for a Friend With Cancer

In summary, Susan is looking for flyers to put up in a community fundraiser in order to help a Pampered Chef friend who just learned she has stage 4 cancer. She is hoping to raise money for the friend's living expenses.
chefettesusan
Hi...I want to see if any of you have any suggestions or formats on organizing a community fundraiser to help raise money for a Pampered Chef friend that just learned she has stage 4 cancer. I'm hoping to help raise money for her living expenses since she will be flying back and forth to NY from Fl to get special treatments.

I see lots of ideas for the HWC but nothing in general...any help is appreciated...this lady is a doll...she's only 41 with a 1 year old and a 12 year old. She's a fighter and I'm praying she beats this but they told her 1-3 years if she's lucky but I thinks she has it in her to win this battle...

I live in St. Petersburg, FL...if anyone is willing to help me out in raising funds
please email me back at [email protected]

Thanks to all...!!!!

Fundraiser for a person!I didn't think it was possible to put a fund raiser through for an individual, I thought it had to be a charity or an organisation. It may be different in US, but in UK my director told me of something similar, and they got round it by going through their local church. The cheque was made out to the church, and they gave the individual the cash.
Good Luck :)

At least in the US, if there is some type of fund or special bank account set up, it's possible to do a fundraiser and have PC cut the check to the fund. I did a fundraiser for a couple who had an adoption fund because they were planning to adopt a child overseas and it is so expensive. So, I know it was possible because I did it a couple years ago.

I just posted a couple of flyers on the other thread that you mentioned this lady and her cancer. I don't know if they are what you're looking for. Let me know if there is anything more specific you are looking in a flyer and I'll look for one.

Thanks for your replies...I appreciate it....

Susan

1. How can I organize a fundraiser for my friend with cancer?

To organize a successful fundraiser for your friend with cancer, start by reaching out to your network and spreading the word about the event. Consider hosting a bake sale, auction, or charity dinner. You can also create a crowdfunding campaign or sell custom merchandise to raise funds. Make sure to involve your friend in the planning and ask for their input and preferences.

2. Are there any specific guidelines or restrictions for fundraising for someone with cancer?

Before organizing a fundraiser, it's important to check with your friend and their family to see if they have any specific requests or restrictions. Some cancer treatments may impact dietary restrictions or activities they can participate in. It's also a good idea to research local laws and regulations regarding fundraising events.

3. How can I make the fundraiser more meaningful and personal for my friend?

Consider incorporating elements that have special meaning to your friend in the fundraiser. This could include their favorite foods, hobbies, or activities. You can also ask attendees to share a special memory or message for your friend and compile them into a scrapbook or video to give as a gift.

4. Can I reach out to local businesses for donations or sponsorships for the fundraiser?

Yes, many businesses are willing to donate goods or services for a good cause. Make a list of potential businesses to reach out to and create a sponsorship or donation request letter or email. Be sure to clearly state the purpose and details of the fundraiser and how the business can benefit from being involved.

5. How can I keep track of donations and ensure they are used for my friend's cancer treatment?

To keep track of donations and ensure they are used for your friend's cancer treatment, consider setting up a specific bank account or using a fundraising platform that allows for transparency and accountability. Be sure to communicate with your friend and their family about any donations received and how they will be used.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• alidafrizzell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Tracy99
  • AmaraJ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
AmaraJ
  • Fluffy215