• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Celebrating a Breast Cancer Remission: Ideas for HWC Party

In summary, the conversation was about a consultant seeking ideas for a Help Whip Cancer show in May, in honor of a customer's mother who is in remission from breast cancer. Suggestions were made to have guests wear pink, give out pink prizes, and make pink food. There were also ideas for games, such as the Tata Trivia Game and making a Bra Cake. The conversation also included personal stories of being a breast cancer survivor and using humor to cope.
KCPChef
Hello. I need some help here... I hav a customer who booked a party for May for HWC. Her mother is currently in remission for Breast Cancer so we really wanted it to be a celebration of sorts for her. Any ideas? I have never done a HWC show and wanted to make it AWESOME for her!!!! She does not like strawberries, so I am trying to figure out a recipe to so. Has anything worked really well for you all in the past? Any ideas are welcome! Thanks so much for your help!!

You could just decorate in pink, wear pink, encourage the guests to all wear pink (get a prize if you wear pink), then do a regular show. If you make the Mango Confetti Salsa, it looks kinda pink once it's made. But you could instead research foods that are good for building up strength, etc while going through cancer treatment (high in antioxodines, good proteins, etc). Then, make something delicious from those foods. It'd give you info to pass on and show your concern. Last year I did the "Tata trivia game" where I got about 12 cancer related facts, made mention of them through out the show then at the end everyone got a true/false trivia quiz. I had a prize for everyone that got all the answers correct (pink twixit clips, too bad they don't have those this year).

I do a TON of HWC shows in May because I am a survivor. I have everyone wear pink, I give pink prizes (the HWC pin or I hit the $1 place at Target for pink things), and I make pink food. Anyone old enough to have a mammogram that shows me proof that they had one in the past two months gets free shipping from me. I pass out breast cancer facts from the ACS (you can go online and get them for free), and I tell my story of how during 6 months of chemo every other week I still did PC shows on the off weeks because this is such a fun job--it got me out of the house and I wasn't thinking about how sick I was.

Nanisu said:
I do a TON of HWC shows in May because I am a survivor. I have everyone wear pink, I give pink prizes (the HWC pin or I hit the $1 place at Target for pink things), and I make pink food. Anyone old enough to have a mammogram that shows me proof that they had one in the past two months gets free shipping from me. I pass out breast cancer facts from the ACS (you can go online and get them for free), and I tell my story of how during 6 months of chemo every other week I still did PC shows on the off weeks because this is such a fun job--it got me out of the house and I wasn't thinking about how sick I was.

Wow, awesome. You're an inspiration.

Well, being in a family of breast cancer survivors myself, we cope with humor as much as possible... not knowing your relationship with the hostess and yourself, or if it could be deemed offensive or not (my fam would think this was great, and Im totally doing it for October-- breast cancer awareness month), but I'd make a Bra Cake with the Classic and 1 quart batter bowls... :p Big or small, check them all!!!! :D

rompydompy said:
Well, being in a family of breast cancer survivors myself, we cope with humor as much as possible... not knowing your relationship with the hostess and yourself, or if it could be deemed offensive or not (my fam would think this was great, and Im totally doing it for October-- breast cancer awareness month), but I'd make a Bra Cake with the Classic and 1 quart batter bowls... :p Big or small, check them all!!!! :D

My aunt is a survivor and we are having her remission party May 7th. She is attending her first Relay For Life as a survivor May 6th and I was trying to think of a different cake we could have for her. I LOVE :love: your idea of using the batter bowl......maybe I could do the prep bowls to add them on top of a sheet cake??? Would that look cheesy?

The new lemon cupcake recipe in the new SB looks like boobs. Consider raspberries instead of blackberries ;)

Just looking for a game for a Help Whip Cancer show and came across this... wondered if anyone knows what the Tata Trivia Game was?

pchockeymom said:
You could just decorate in pink, wear pink, encourage the guests to all wear pink (get a prize if you wear pink), then do a regular show. If you make the Mango Confetti Salsa, it looks kinda pink once it's made. But you could instead research foods that are good for building up strength, etc while going through cancer treatment (high in antioxodines, good proteins, etc). Then, make something delicious from those foods. It'd give you info to pass on and show your concern. Last year I did the "Tata trivia game" where I got about 12 cancer related facts, made mention of them through out the show then at the end everyone got a true/false trivia quiz. I had a prize for everyone that got all the answers correct (pink twixit clips, too bad they don't have those this year).

Looks like she described it as, "where I got about 12 cancer related facts, made mention of them through out the show then at the end everyone got a true/false trivia quiz. I had a prize for everyone that got all the answers correct..."

Oops... Guess I misworded that:) Just was wondering if anyone had the questions? I thought it was a cute name for a HWC Game...

ChefPeg said:
Looks like she described it as, "where I got about 12 cancer related facts, made mention of them through out the show then at the end everyone got a true/false trivia quiz. I had a prize for everyone that got all the answers correct..."

:) The facts shouldn't be hard to find with an online search.

1. What is a HWC party?

A HWC party stands for "Helping Women Celebrate" party, which is a celebration of a woman's journey through breast cancer and her remission. It is an opportunity for friends and family to come together and show their support and love for the survivor.

2. What are some ideas for a HWC party?

Some ideas for a HWC party could include having a pink-themed party, creating a memory board filled with photos and messages of support, having a potluck with everyone bringing their favorite dish, or hosting a spa day for the survivor.

3. How can I involve the survivor in the planning process?

It is important to involve the survivor in the planning process to make sure their preferences and comfort level are taken into consideration. You can ask them for ideas, have them help with decorations or food preparation, or even have them choose the date and guest list.

4. Are there any special gifts or activities for the survivor?

Yes, there are many special gifts and activities that can be incorporated into the HWC party. You can have guests bring gifts related to self-care, such as candles, bath products, or a massage gift certificate. You can also plan activities like a group yoga session or a painting class.

5. Can men attend a HWC party?

Absolutely! While the focus may be on celebrating the survivor, men are an important part of their support system and can definitely attend a HWC party. It is important to make sure the party is inclusive and welcoming for all genders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Robynchefcanada
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Robynchefcanada
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • alidafrizzell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies