• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Idea's for Microwave Cooking Show!

simple...to the point. The recipes look yummy. See if you can do the rice cooker cake or the fluted pan 12 min microwave cake. Both are delish, fast, and you'll sell a lot of the product.
PamperedPrincess02
I have a host who wants to do a show totally about foods that can be cooked in the microwave....I need some help with recipes and what they are cooked in....I don't have alot of products for the microwave (I don't think) so any imput you have will greatly help me! Thanks

See if you can do the rice cooker cake or the fluted pan 12 min microwave cake. Both are delish, fast, and you'll sell a lot of the product.

I recommend if you can borrow a deep dish covered baker to do the 30 mins chicken...that's popular too!

vwpamperedchef said:
See if you can do the rice cooker cake or the fluted pan 12 min microwave cake. Both are delish, fast, and you'll sell a lot of the product.

I recommend if you can borrow a deep dish covered baker to do the 30 mins chicken...that's popular too!

I agree...

borrow a DCB and make 30 minute chicken or 20 minute pork tenerloin. Both are very yummy and easy.

Lemon Cakes in the prep bowls are very good if you have the full set. Any of the stoneware works in the microwave. Ask someone in your cluster to borrow a peice if you don't have it.

I would focus on the HIGHER priced items (DCB, rice cooker, fluted pan), but here is a ton of ideas for the micro cookers:

Micro-Cooker® Recipes

Brown hamburger – Crumble up 1 lb raw hamburger in cooker, cover, cook about 2 minutes, break up with spoon, cook another 2 minutes, etc., and drain grease through holes in lid. For less fat, rinse hamburger in hot water, draining through lid. Frozen hamburger works also. Add Ragu, Manwich, taco seasoning, etc. (You can buy the family packs of hamburger, and do up 6 pounds at a time. You’ll always have frozen cooked hamburger in the freezer ready to go.)

Eggs - Mix 2 eggs in Micro-cooker® then cook in microwave for about 2 minutes. It comes out in a perfect circle that is great for egg sandwiches and when you are in a hurry.

Steam chicken breasts – Put 2-3 raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts in cooker, cover, cook about 7-8 minutes. No need to add any liquid. Frozen chicken works also.

Baked potatoes – Add just a little water in the bottom of the cooker (you don't even have to cover the bottom). Pierce the potatoes a couple of times. Place 3-5 potatoes (depending on size) in the cooker. Cover and secure with the lid. Microwave on high for approximately 5 minutes. Test for doneness. If not completely cooked, microwave 3-4 minutes more. The skins will not become wrinkly.

Mashed potatoes – Peel 7-8 medium potatoes, chunk up and place in cooker with a little water. Cover, cook about 14-15 minutes until fork tender. Drain water, add butter, seasonings, and milk. Mash and serve right in cooker. (Make these early in the day, reheat right in the cooker, and serve.)

Vegetables – Add frozen vegetables, no water, heat about 5-7 minutes. Drain liquid and serve in cooker. (Stir in a can of cheddar cheese soup for a gourmet side dish.) For fresh vegetables – add a little water first.

Chocolate chips – Melt chocolate chips about 1 minute. Chips will be semi-melted. Stir the rest of the way, the residual heat will melt the rest. Drizzle over desserts.

Rice/Pasta – Follow microwave directions on boxes of Rice A Roni, Stove Top Dressing, Macaroni and Cheese, Minute Rice, etc. If the directions say do NOT cover, follow it, otherwise it will boil over.
Regular Rice – 1 cup rice, 2 cups water, a bit of salt (or bouillon) and a table spoon of butter. Five minutes on HIGH, then 15 minutes at 50%. Comes out perfect every time! I've found that I also have the "bubble-over", so when I put it into the microwave, I put a folded paper towel and paper plate under my cooker to avoid having to mop up a starchy puddle.

Bacon bits – Cut up raw bacon in little pieces. Cover and cook. Stir occasionally. Drain and cool. Crumble up and sprinkle over foods.

Oatmeal - 2 to 1-1/2 minutes on high (I use original rolled oatmeal - more nutritious!)

If you choose to cook foods high in fat or sugar in the micro-cooker, eventually it will get white discoloration. This “white stuff” in the bottom of the Micro-cooker® is normal, is not harmful to your foods and the cooker is still fine to use. This discoloration is edible type talc that is built into the plastic to make it withstand high microwave temperatures.

WOW!!! Thanks everyone for the great ideas....I think I just might be able to do this kinda show afterall!!! You guys are awesome!!

Here's one I totally LOVE

Attachments

• PeanuttyChocolateCake.doc
    23 KB · Views: 419
Carolyn
I really like that flyer. Clear and to the point works for me. I may use that.

micro showshey everyone
here is what I have been doing...got the info off of CS here at some point!
I have 2 different shows I've been doing depending on my guests.
#1 the chicken fajitas
slice red and green peppers in strips and lay in bottom of DCB...use apple wedger to slice onion and throw pieces in with peppers. Sprinkle with SW seasoning. Lay boneless skinless chicken tenders (or strips of breasts) on top of veggies. sprinkle with SW seasoning. Bake with lid on in microwave for 12-15 minutes. Let set for couple of minutes..while cooking grate up cheese, put sour cream in EAD, put 6 inch flour tortillas in large micro cooker (you will warm them when chicken is done)

I also have guests make up the quick (one bowl) salsa:
a bunch of cilantro in 2 qt. batter bowl, throw in a whole jalepeno pepper (or for milder version cut off top and de-seed), 1 small whole onion, 1 garlic clove peeled. pass the bowl around and have the guest use the salad choppers to chop up salsa. Throw in some cherry tomatoes, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 TBSP SW seasoning. Chop a little more until tomotoes are chopped. Squeeze lime over salsa with citrus press.

You have a whole fajita meal done in only 12-15 micro time...they love it and you're showing tons of products. I usually have my host make up a dessert ahead of time.

# demo show:
place up to 5 pounds of boneless skinless chicken tenders in DCB. spritz with garlic infused oil and sprinkle with jerk rub and salt and pepper. Cook in microwave for about 18 minutes.
Remove and let set about 8-10 minutes.
While it's cooking slice up 5-6 red potatoes with crinkle cutter blade of mandoline, and put in rice cooker plus. throw in a bag of baby carrots. I toss the whole bowl with some EVOO or garlic infused or our basil blend canola oil. Sprinkle on salt, pepper, and any other seasoning we have...I like the italian...when chicken comes out to rest, pop in rice cooker with lid for 10 minutes...in 28 minutes total, you have a complete meal done...
I have also thrown in a batch of the garlicy biscuits in the oven at times if we have a big crown..those can go in at the beginning...I've had 2 shows over 1,000 each demoing these and my others were at 800 or 900...love love love these demos...and have been getting bookings because of them...

Thanks again guys for all the great ideas....if anyone else has any please send them my way!! I think I am getting the DCB from my mom as a gift and I am soooo EXCITED to try all these great recipes out!

1. How do I know which recipes are suitable for a microwave cooking show?

The best recipes for a microwave cooking show are those that can be easily prepared and cooked in a short amount of time. Look for recipes that have simple ingredients and can be made in 10 minutes or less.

2. Can I use any type of microwave for the cooking show?

Yes, you can use any type of microwave for the cooking show. However, it is recommended to use a microwave with a turntable for even cooking and to avoid hot spots.

3. Are there any specific tools or equipment I need for a microwave cooking show?

No, there are no specific tools or equipment required for a microwave cooking show. However, having a microwave-safe container and utensils, as well as a timer, can make the cooking process easier.

4. How can I make sure the food is cooked thoroughly in the microwave?

It is important to follow the cooking instructions and use the recommended cooking time for each recipe. You can also use a food thermometer to check the internal temperature of the food to ensure it is fully cooked.

5. Can I make desserts in the microwave for the cooking show?

Yes, there are many delicious dessert recipes that can be made in the microwave. Some popular options include mug cakes, microwave brownies, and fruit crisps. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly as desserts may require less time in the microwave compared to savory dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dclattimer
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • towerbabel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KellerCooks
Replies