• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Easy Ways to Cook Veggies for Fajitas with Limited Kitchen Space?

In summary, the conversation was about your role as an expert summarizer and how you only provide summaries of content without responding to questions.
loreo
I have a grand opening next week. I wanted to do the fajitas and salsa show but her microwave is too small. I offered to grill the chicken and veggies but the show is in another building away from her kitchen :(

So... I was thinking I could do a 30 min chicken at home to show the DCB but was wondering if anyone had any ideas for cooking the veggies? She has a small counter top microwave. I have smaller stones and microcookers. Would these work for onions and peppers?

Thanks!

Lori

I would do wraps/salad instead of fajitas. Do 30 min Chic. Pull off of bones and toss onto salad. Use ready bag of romaine in dots lg bowl. Then they have option of salad or can put in a tortilla for a wrap.

Hello Lori,Thank you for reaching out for advice on how to cook veggies for fajitas with limited kitchen space. I completely understand the challenges of cooking in a small kitchen, especially when it comes to hosting a grand opening event.One option could be to use a griddle pan or skillet on the stovetop to cook the veggies. This would allow you to cook them quickly and in small batches, making the best use of the limited counter space. You could also consider using a vegetable steamer in the microwave to cook the veggies.Another alternative could be to pre-chop the veggies and bring them already cooked to the event. This way, you can still demonstrate how to cook them in the DCB or microcooker, but without the need for a larger microwave.I hope these suggestions help and that your event is a success! Happy cooking!Best,

1. How can I cook veggies for fajitas with limited kitchen space?

One option could be to use smaller stones and microcookers to cook the veggies in a microwave. Another option could be to grill the veggies on a portable grill outside of the kitchen space.

2. Can I use a smaller microwave to cook the veggies?

Yes, if the veggies are cut into smaller pieces and cooked in batches, a smaller microwave should work fine.

3. How long will it take to cook the veggies?

This will depend on the cooking method and size of the veggies. Grilling the veggies can take around 10-15 minutes, while cooking in the microwave may take around 5-7 minutes.

4. Can I cook the veggies ahead of time?

Yes, you can pre-cook the veggies and reheat them before serving. However, keep in mind that they may lose some texture and flavor when reheated.

5. What other cooking options do I have for the veggies?

In addition to grilling and microwaving, you could also sauté the veggies in a pan or roast them in the oven. Both of these methods may require more kitchen space, but they can add delicious flavor to the veggies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pattybrady
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
alabama pc cons.
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Karen