• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Tried Making Soda Cake in a Microwave?

S
sarahmarie
I am doing a show for a woman who doesn’t cook except for microwave dinners and who is on weight watchers. Do you have any recipe ideas that would get her cooking? I was thinking about a microwave cake (I just ordered the rice cooker) or something very simple from the good for you cookbook. I just wanted to ask your opinion.

Sarah,
The Touchdown Taco Dip can be quite healthy using Lowfat dairy products, and in an old SB (I'll have to find it) there is a Veggie Pizza Dip recipe that is lowfat.....either of these could be done in the Microwave - and would probably be much better for someone doing WW than a Micro Cake.....there is a recipe for a Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake that is LF, but I'm not sure if that can be done as a Micro Cake....:confused:

This recipe was posted awhile ago, and might fit the bill for a dessert! I've never done them myself..."fat free" is a dirty word in my house!!! But, I've heard they're great!

Microwave Chocolate Berry Cakes

4 Tbsp fat free brownie mix
2 Tbsp fat free berry flavor yogurt

Mix ingredients in a prep bowl and microwave for 1 min 30-45 seconds. Top with whipped cream or ice cream.

I still want to do a regular microwave cake because the guest for the show are from my office and they are all sweet tooths. There are two dieting ladies. My host has lost 53 lbs with WW! And all she eats are those healthly microwave dinners. I want to give her some easy options that she can "cook." Her 15 year old grandson also lives with her so i kinda want to get her in a cooking state of mind. He likes to cook so i hope she gives him a catalogue to help build the "wish list."

Soda CakeDo a search in the forums for Soda Cake and you can find some neat information about making a cake in the microwave using diet soda that is supposed to be really good (according to all the posts). Some of the recipes have even calculated the points value for a serving. That would probably work for your "sweet-toothed" guests!

Here's a couple thread links to help get you started....
http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=10536
http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=7464

Be sure to let us know how it turns out!

1. Can you really make a cake in a microwave?

Yes, it is possible to make a cake in a microwave! This method is often used by people who don't have access to an oven or don't want to use one. It is a simple and quick way to satisfy a cake craving.

2. Is it safe to cook food in a microwave?

Yes, it is safe to cook food in a microwave as long as you follow the instructions and use microwave-safe containers. Microwaves use radiation to heat food, but it is a low level that is not harmful to humans.

3. Can you make a healthy cake in a microwave?

Yes, there are many recipes for healthy cakes that can be made in a microwave. You can use ingredients like whole wheat flour, applesauce, and natural sweeteners to make a healthier version of a traditional cake.

4. How can I make a microwave cake that is weight watchers-friendly?

You can use a weight watchers-friendly recipe and adjust it to be made in a microwave. Look for recipes that use ingredients with lower points values and portion out the cake accordingly. You can also use a sugar-free frosting or topping to reduce the points even further.

5. Do you have any suggestions for a simple microwave recipe for someone who doesn't cook?

Yes, a microwave mug cake is a great option for someone who doesn't cook. It only requires a few simple ingredients and can be made in just a few minutes. Another option is a microwave quinoa bowl, which is a healthy and filling meal that can be customized with different toppings and flavors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smartcookie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
smartcookie
  • prissylovescooking
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • PamperedPrincess02