• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making a Cake with Coke: Ideas and Help Requested

In summary, you can make a cake with a can of coke by mixing cake and soda and baking it as normal. You can also make a cake with a can of coke by mixing cool whip and pudding or jello.
kat29
Now I saw a thread on here where someone was talking about using a can of coke to make a cake. Now exactly how do you do that? I have a customer interested in that. So any ideas and help would be appreciated. Thanks you all.

1 cake mix. 1 can of soda. 1 small package of cool whip. 1 small package of pudding or jello.

Mix cake and soda and bake following normal directions. Cool completely. Mix cool whip and pudding/jello. Spread on cake.

My favorite is a white cake with a can of diet sunkist. Then use fat free cool whip and sugar free orange jello. If doing weight watchers, this cake cut into 12 pieces is 3 points each.

Can also use chocolate cake and root beer. Mix cool whip with chocolate pudding.

I also really like the chocolate cake prepared as listed above with the cool whip mixed with sugar free cheesecake pudding. Yummy!

a cake mix and a can of soda in the PC rice cooker (no lid) in the microwave for 10 mins is GREAT!!! It's better to eat warm thougth because as it cools it gets a little chewy. Make sure the microwae has a turntable in it.. if not, turn the rice cooker every 3 mins.

I wouldn't have thought abou the cool whip frosting.. good tip :)
enjoy!!

Hey Thanks you all.

the things we come up with for our mircro rice cookers!!!

Great for our WW friends!I make the cake with a can of diet soda and a cake mix for my weight watcher friends! Top it with lowfat whipped topping and it is the best fix to their chocolate craving. I don't remember the points of it, I know that it is really reasonable for the size you are allowed to eat. There are so many different ways to make it: White with diet cherry 7up, chocolate with diet coke or my favorite chocolate with diet cherry coke!

So nothing but soda mixed w/ the cake mix?

Related to Making a Cake with Coke: Ideas and Help Requested

1. Can I use any type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for this recipe. Yellow cake mix and chocolate cake mix are popular choices, but you can also experiment with different flavors like lemon, strawberry, or even pumpkin.

2. How much Coke should I use in the cake batter?

The amount of Coke you use will depend on the type of cake mix you are using. Typically, you will need 1 cup of Coke for every 1 box of cake mix. However, you can adjust the amount to your liking. For a stronger Coke flavor, you can use more, and for a lighter flavor, you can use less.

3. Can I use diet Coke or any other type of soda?

Yes, you can use diet Coke or any other type of soda for this recipe. Keep in mind that using a different type of soda may alter the flavor of the cake. Some popular alternatives to Coke include Dr. Pepper, root beer, and orange soda.

4. Do I need to make any adjustments to the baking time or temperature?

In most cases, you do not need to make any adjustments to the baking time or temperature when using Coke in a cake recipe. However, it is always a good idea to check the cake a few minutes before the recommended baking time, as ovens can vary.

5. Can I use Coke in other parts of the cake, such as the frosting?

Absolutely! You can use Coke in other parts of the cake, such as the frosting. You can add a small amount of Coke to the frosting for a subtle flavor, or you can reduce the Coke on the stove to create a syrup that can be used to flavor the frosting. Just be sure to taste as you go to avoid making the frosting too sweet or overpowering.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjeanine
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • paultorres
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies