• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Creative Ideas for a Fairy Cake | Perfect for Your Daughter's Birthday!

again... would make a great party gift.When DD and I stopped at Michael's craft store the other week we noticed Tinkerbell picks and decorations in the cake aisle. Not sure if that's the kind of fairy your DD would like or not though.You could also try a little 'fairy cake' as in a little cake. Or you could make cupcakes, overfill them and then decorate them like toadstools which, placed in a circle could be a 'fairy ring' which... again... would make a great party gift.
4kids4me
My daughter's birthday party is this Sunday and she asked me to make her a fairy cake. Anyone have any ideas? Pics would be nice!!! Thanks, if you can help! I'm really stuck on this one!

What about a barbie cake in the batter bowl? You could find a barbie that has fairy wings (I know there are some out there) and decorate the skirt in cool designs.

My daughter just had her fifth birthday party and wanted a Barbie Mariposa cake. The only doll I could find had huge wings and I couldn't get them to fit on after I made the cake, but it still turned out okay. For her party, I found a three pack of little fairies and all the little girls decorated them for an activity. They had a ball. You can check it out on my blog at The Willes Clan

I am leaning heavily towards a Barbie cake - the one on your blog is SO cool! Did you do the girls' cakes in the prep bowls? It looks like it was a LOT of fun! Naomi is turning 5, too. :)

LOOK!! Bed Bath & Beyond Product My question is how do I frost it without losing all that cool detail??? Help! I'm imagining this cake and I can put the Disney fairies (we have a LOT of them) on it. thanks for your help! I'm feeling inspired. :)

Did you see the great castle cakes that were posted a week or so ago? They were made with ice cream comes as the turrets (sp?). That would be even easier. I don't think the pictures were posted in the baking thread - they are in a thread the Kacey started. Maybe she'll pop in here and point you in the right direction.

I couldn't find the thread. Kacey, if you're around, can you point me in the right direction? thanks!

catlwilles said:
My daughter just had her fifth birthday party and wanted a Barbie Mariposa cake. The only doll I could find had huge wings and I couldn't get them to fit on after I made the cake, but it still turned out okay. For her party, I found a three pack of little fairies and all the little girls decorated them for an activity. They had a ball. You can check it out on my blog at The Willes Clan

I looked at your blog earlier and I wanted to let you know you did a great job on the cake.

Thanks Jennie! I love all the cakes that you've done and posted on your blog. I stress out way too much about making my kids birthday cakes, but I've been happy with them. Hopefully I'll get better with practice! I did do the little cakes in the Prep Bowls. The girls had a lot of fun and they turned out so cute.

4kids4me said:
My daughter's birthday party is this Sunday and she asked me to make her a fairy cake. Anyone have any ideas? Pics would be nice!!! Thanks, if you can help! I'm really stuck on this one!

When DD and I stopped at Michael's craft store the other week we noticed Tinkerbell picks and decorations in the cake aisle. Not sure if that's the kind of fairy your DD would like or not though.

They also have a LOT of sprinkles that might be called 'fairy dust' to top a cake (and keep it simple)... there's also a Wilton kit I used last year for my DD's Princess & Prince party that supplies all the pieces to make a castle cake easily enough. It was my first tiered cake and it turned out really nice!

I also like the Wonder mold cake idea using a fairy doll (which are HOT right now... check out a large toy store to see if you can find one to sink into a cake)... or you could just make a sheet cake and create a scene with a bunch of fairy dolls, then she'd have those as a gift post-party. Maybe Barbies if you can find any Fairytopia or Mariposa dolls.

Another idea is to make 'fairy cakes' as in little cakes... ie cupcakes. Or you could make cupcakes, overfill them and then decorate them like toadstools which, placed in a circle could be a 'fairy ring' which is based on the legend/myth of mushroom/toadstool circles out in woods found in rings would be where fairies would gather to meet and counsel. In fact if you've found fairy dolls you could pose a few sitting on a cupcake-toadstool (to make sure the cake is sturdy you'd probably want to opt for a dense cake vs one that's light and fluffy and might mush), you could have some artificial flowers around to also add to the enchantment and could be a party favor for each child who comes (I know my daughter LOVES flowers, real or otherwise).

Here's what someone else did for a fairy party using the Wonder mold and doll picks: Fairy Birthday Cakes on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Thank you for everyone's input on this. I ended up doing a Jasmine cake - by request - using that mold I linked previously. I used a devils food cake for the bottom and frosted it with chocolate frosting. Then covered that with graham cracker crumbs. Those didn't stick well to the sides so I camoflaged it with the chocolate shells. I filled the well inside the castle with extra candies and then did whipped cream on top of that for the genie's cloud. :)

The 2nd pic is of the ballet shoes for her party at her dance class. I got lots of compliments and gave out lots of cards!!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y213/TwoGirlsPlusTwins/Naomis5thbirthdayparty.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y213/TwoGirlsPlusTwins/5thBdayCelebrationatballetNaomi.jpg

Last edited:
Those are both awesome! My girls would love the ballet shoes:)

These look awesome! My DD said "eeeww" when she saw the castle, because she thought it was sitting on real sand!! When I explained that it was cracker crumbs she thought it was pretty cool!

The shoes are cute too, you did a great job, I bet your DD loved them both!

The first cake was of my own design (out of desperation just hours before the party) but the second one was from the MnM site. Too easy - I used pound cake! Everyone raved about what a great baker I am, lol! It took me about 15 minutes to do the whole thing - my dd did the "laces" and the MnM part. Here's the link if you're interested: Red & Yellow's Bright Ideas: Twirls and Tutus Dancing Party - Ballet Slipper Cake

catlwilles said:
Thanks Jennie! I love all the cakes that you've done and posted on your blog. I stress out way too much about making my kids birthday cakes, but I've been happy with them. Hopefully I'll get better with practice! I did do the little cakes in the Prep Bowls. The girls had a lot of fun and they turned out so cute.

Thanks about the cakes on my blog. I need to plan my DD's 2nd bday cake. Bad thing is I will be making it in UT. And I wont have any of my stuff there.

1. What is a fairy cake?

A fairy cake is a type of cupcake that is decorated with fairy-themed toppings such as edible glitter, flowers, and fairy figurines. They are a fun and whimsical option for a daughter's birthday party.

2. Can I make fairy cakes with my own cake mix?

Yes, you can use any cake mix to make fairy cakes. Simply follow the instructions on the cake mix box and then use fairy-themed decorations to make them into fairy cakes.

3. How can I make my fairy cakes look more professional?

To make your fairy cakes look more professional, try using a piping bag to create intricate designs with frosting. You can also add edible flowers or sprinkles to make them more visually appealing.

4. Are there any easy substitutions for common fairy cake ingredients?

Yes, you can substitute regular sugar with powdered sugar for a smoother frosting. You can also use coconut oil instead of butter for a dairy-free option.

5. Can I make fairy cakes in advance?

Yes, you can make fairy cakes in advance and store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days. It is best to decorate them closer to the time of serving for the freshest appearance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies