• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Daughter's 1st Bday: Turtle Cake Decor Ideas

In summary, my daughters 1st birthday is on the 23rd and I am making a turtle cake out of the batter bowl and prep bowls but my dilema is how to decorate it. should I do smooth frosting all over then make little squares darker all over or should I do the star thing all over to make it more 3-d looking. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Jennie4PC
My daughters 1st birthday is on the 23rd and I am making a turtle cake out of the batter bowl and prep bowls but my dilema is how to decorate it. should I do smooth frosting all over then make little squares darker all over or should I do the star thing all over to make it more 3-d looking. Any ideas would be appreciated
TIA

No tips here. Just wanted to say my son's 3rd bday is Thursday. I will be decorating his Clifford cake tomorrow night.

Here's wishing me and you good luck with frosting!!!

I like the idea of the smooth frosting all over the cake and then the darker squares. I'm assuming the prep bowl cakes are for four feet - legs, I would do the star tip on those for wrinkles. Just a thought. Good luck, Your daughter will love it regardless.

I don't have any tips for you but wanted to say - good luck! My son's first birthday was in May... I used a train cake mold and had basically 9 train shape cupcakes that I decorated... took me 2 hours (and I didn't start until 10pm)!!! Totally crazy considering he didn't really care! The stuff we do for our babies!! I agreee though, she will enjoy it no matter what! Take lots of pictures and have fun!

Google "turtle cake" and then go to images. There are several pictures that may give you some ideas. Some of the cakes are just crazy looking.

If you wanted the body to be totally smooth, you could cover it in colored fondant. Then, use the star tips or whatever tip you wanted to add the tiles in!

I will go look- I used a homemade version of fondant for my easter egg cake this year. Got the idea from a post from here.

Give me a second to see if I can find it........

Ugh! I can't find it!

It was a website that gave you the recipe and SPECIFIC step by step instructions to make your own fondant out of marshmallows and powdered sugar. WAY cheaper than buying it, and it was NOT hard to make at all!

If anyone else saved that site, can you post it pretty please? I certainly want to make that again...and I am kicking myself that I didn't save all of the info on it!!!!!!

This one has several recipes - scroll down the page - including one for chocolate marshmallow fondant.
http://members.nuvox.net/~zt.proicer/message/saved/RECIPES.htm

www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com I love this sight. It has pics of all kinds of cakes if you are looking for ideas.

I went here to get Clifford ideas until I got a pan off Ebay.

1. What are some cute turtle cake decorations for my daughter's 1st birthday?

Some cute turtle cake decorations for your daughter's 1st birthday could include a fondant turtle topper, sugar sea shells, and green frosting for the "shell" of the cake. You could also use candy eyes and a fondant bow for a feminine touch.

2. How can I make a turtle-shaped cake without a special pan?

You can make a turtle-shaped cake easily using two round cake pans. Bake two round cakes and cut one of them into a large circle for the turtle's body. Use the other cake to cut out a smaller circle for the head and four small circles for the legs. Arrange the pieces on a platter and frost with green frosting to create a turtle shape.

3. What flavors would work well for a turtle cake?

A turtle cake can be made with any flavor you prefer. Some popular options include chocolate, vanilla, and carrot cake. You could also try a combination of flavors, such as chocolate and mint or vanilla and lemon.

4. How far in advance can I make a turtle cake?

You can make a turtle cake up to two days in advance. After baking and frosting the cake, store it in the refrigerator to keep it fresh. Take it out about an hour before serving to allow it to come to room temperature.

5. Can I use a store-bought cake mix for a turtle cake?

Yes, you can use a store-bought cake mix for a turtle cake. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the box and adjust the baking time if needed based on the size and shape of your cake. You can also add in extra flavorings, such as vanilla extract or cocoa powder, to enhance the flavor of the cake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views
c00p
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom