• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kacey's Son's 1st Birthday: Tonka Truck Cake Ideas

In summary, Kacey is looking for a recipe for prep bowls that she can make with her son. She has found one on CC and is going to follow the instructions.
kaceyleigh2
My son's first birthday is coming up and I wanted to make him his own little individual cake. Does anyone know how to do this in the Prep Bowls or have any suggestions.
I'm doing a Tonka Truck theme and I'm doing Dirt Cake in the back of a real Tonka Truck for everyone else but I wanted him to have a little cake for a candle. Any ideas?
Thanks! Kacey

What if you make it look like a little dirt pile - sitting next to the big tonka truck?
Simple - but it might look cute all together!

ChefBeckyD said:
What if you make it look like a little dirt pile - sitting next to the big tonka truck?
Simple - but it might look cute all together!

That is a cute idea!! How do you make the actual cake though? Do you put it in the oven, the microwave? Do I use a regular cake mix? Do I have to add anything to it?
I have always wanted to try to do these prep bowl/batter bowl cakes but was never sure how...

My sister just took some of the batter from the rest of the cake mix and put it in the bowl - I think it was greased and she filled it about 1/2 way full - and baked it with the rest of the cake in the over until done... I think she checked it after about 15 minutes.
Hope this helps...

Here is what I have:

(Got it from this board.....and I know people do them in the micro too - but I don't have that recipe!)

Attachments

• Prep Bowl Recipes.doc
    63 KB · Views: 605
ChefBeckyD said:
Here is what I have:

(Got it from this board.....and I know people do them in the micro too - but I don't have that recipe!)

Thank you so much!!

I did spider ones one time. I used black licorice for the legs and red hots for the eyes. They were huge hit at my son's Halloween party at the sitter's.

A cluster-mate of mine made a bunch of prep-bowl cakes for her son's first birthday. She frosted them green and made a caterpillar.

HELP! I need the original recipe the lemon one with sour cream and real lemons. Is there anyone out there that can save me?

Go to CC and go to Products and Recipes. Then go to Season's Best. Then find the Spring/Summer 2008 and check the Lemon Mini Cakes. Click on e-mail or printable (something like that.)

The Pampered Chef ®
Mini Glazed Lemon Cakes
Recipe

Cakes

2 tbsp butter, softened, divided
2 tbsp sugar
2 small lemons, divided
1 pkg (9 oz) yellow cake mix
1 egg
1 container (8 oz) sour cream

Glaze and Garnish

2 tbsp lemon juice (from lemon used for cakes)
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup sugar
Lemon knots (optional, see Cook's Tip)

For cakes, brush six Prep Bowls with 1 tbsp of the butter; sprinkle evenly with sugar. Thinly slice one of the lemons using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with thin slicing blade. Remove any seeds from lemon slices and place one slice into bottom of each bowl; set bowls aside.

Zest remaining lemon using Microplane® Adjustable Grater to measure 1 tbsp zest; set lemon aside for glaze. Place remaining 1 tbsp butter into Classic Batter Bowl; microwave on HIGH 15-20 seconds or until melted. Add lemon zest, cake mix, egg and sour cream; whisk 1 minute or until smooth. Scoop batter evenly into prepared bowls. Place bowls in a circle on microwave turntable. Microwave on HIGH 4-5 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Carefully remove cakes from microwave using Chef's Tongs; cool in bowls 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, for glaze, juice reserved lemon to measure 2 tbsp juice. Melt butter in (2-cup) Easy Read Measuring Cup. Stir in lemon juice and sugar; microwave on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until boiling.

To serve, gently tap sides of bowls to release cakes; invert cakes onto Cutting Board. Transfer cakes to serving plates using Mini-Serving Spatula. Drizzle glaze over cakes. Garnish with lemon knots, if desired.

Yield: 6 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 390, Total Fat 20 g, Saturated Fat 11 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Carbohydrate 48 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 370 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook's Tip: These cakes can be baked in a conventional oven, if desired. Place Prep Bowls onto Medium Sheet Pan and bake at 350°F for 24-26 minutes. Proceed as recipe directs.

For a simple garnish, make lemon knots. For each knot, score two strips of zest from a lemon using Zester/Scorer; tie them together in a knot.

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

What is a Tonka truck cake?

A Tonka truck cake is a type of birthday cake that is shaped and decorated to look like a Tonka truck, a popular brand of toy construction trucks.

Can I order a Tonka truck cake from Pampered Chef?

Unfortunately, Pampered Chef does not offer Tonka truck cakes as a product. However, we do offer a variety of other baking and decorating supplies that can help you create your own Tonka truck cake.

How do I make a Tonka truck cake?

To make a Tonka truck cake, you will need a 3D truck cake pan, cake mix, frosting, and decorations such as candy rocks and toy construction vehicles. Follow the instructions included with the cake pan for baking and assembling the cake, and then use the frosting and decorations to create the look of a Tonka truck.

Can I use any type of cake mix for a Tonka truck cake?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for a Tonka truck cake. However, it is recommended to use a denser cake such as pound cake or a boxed cake mix made with pudding to ensure the cake can hold its shape when cut and decorated.

How far in advance can I make a Tonka truck cake?

You can make a Tonka truck cake up to 2-3 days in advance. After baking and assembling the cake, cover it with plastic wrap and store in the fridge. Decorate the cake the day before or the day of the event to ensure it stays fresh and looks its best.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jessamary
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jessamary
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • anoelle