• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dessert Ideas for Easter Sunday?

In summary, the author is in charge of dessert this weekend. They are trying to decide what to make, and their mom has to work. They are undecided if they will make the Carrot Cake that their mom usually makes, or do something different. They also mention that they might make the Mini Margarita Tarts.
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm in charge of dessert this Sunday. I'm trying to decide what to make. My mom has to work that day, so she won't be there to make her famous Carrot Cake that we usually have. I'm undecided if I'll make it in her place (we all have the recipe and have all made them at one point or another when Mom couldn't) or if I should do something different. Or make 2 desserts. One carrot cake, one chocolate-based something.

Any ideas? What are you making? Do you have any ideas I could borrow or any favorite PC desserts that would be good for Easter?

The itty bitty Maggie pie is so good! 8 oz of cool whip, mix it with a can of sweetened condensed milk, add 4 tbsp of our itty bitty margarita mix, it will be very thick. Spread in graham cracker crust, I use the one that has two extra servings. Freeze until ready to serve. Enjoy!!!

Coconut cream pie

mini upside down pineapple cakes in the brownie pan.....yum and easy

Eclair cake is what I was asked to make. Just enough chocolate to make sure you know it but not enough to make "mom" and "Pat" sick. Neither one can handle a lot of chocolate but love it none the less!

Eclair cake? Sounds YUMMY! :)

pampered1224 said:
Eclair cake is what I was asked to make. Just enough chocolate to make sure you know it but not enough to make "mom" and "Pat" sick. Neither one can handle a lot of chocolate but love it none the less!

kcjodih said:
Eclair cake? Sounds YUMMY! :)

It sure does! Now you just know I'm going to ask you for that recipe, John! lol Care to share it?! :D :chef:

Dutch apple pie with ice cream

luscious lemon angel roll. You can fill with other berries too
Italian cream cake

Strawberry Cream Trifle is light and spring-y. It tastes so good after a holiday meal.

pampered1224 said:

Ohhh.. I have a really good recipe for a large cream puff eclair but not a cake - please share.

This made me think also of the AWESOME ice cream dessert I used to make that tastes like the DQ Buster Bar. I NEED to make that sometime SOON!!!

This is the dessert I will be making. Someone shared it (if it's you please take credit!). It could be done in a regular pie pan or each tart cut in half if you need to serve more people...Mini Margarita TartsCrust:
½ C pretzels, finely crushed
½ C graham crackers, finely crushed
¼ C powdered sugar
6 Tablespoons butter, meltedFilling:
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
4 Tablespoons Pampered Chef Itty Bitty Margarita Mix
2 Tablespoons Tequila (optional)
1 Tablespoon Triple Sec (optional)
8 oz Cool Whip
Several drops green food coloring
Lime for garnish, optionalDirections:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease the Mini Tart Pans and place on baking sheet. Use the Manual Food Processor to crush and combine the pretzels and graham crackers. Add powdered sugar and melted butter to the MFP and pump the handle until thoroughly combined. Divide the crust evenly between the six tart pans, and tamp the bottom and sides down firmly with the Mini-Tart Shaper. Bake for 9-11 minutes, until crust is lightly browned. Remove tart pans from the baking sheet and let cool on Stackable Cooling Rack for 15 min, then pop the crusts out of the pans and cool completely. While the crusts are baking, add the margarita mix and condensed milk to the medium Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl and use the Stainless/Silicone Sauce Whisk to combine. Add the liquor (if using) and food coloring, whisking until fully integrated. Use the Multi Scraper to fold in the Cool Whip. Put the lid on the mixing bowl and sit in the refrigerator to set up while the crusts are cooling. Then, load the barrel of the Easy Accent Decorator with the mixture and pipe into crusts, using the tip of your choice. Use the Simple Slicer to create thin slices of lime for garnish, and stand upright in the middle of each filled tart. Cover the tarts and store in the freezer until ready to serve. Enjoy!

Busy weekend with Church and Church activities, so I'm doing simple. Gluten-Free cupcakes with buttercream frosting, in Wilton cupcake papers that look like spring flowers. If I have time, I'm going to try make a gluten-free pretzel salad dessert too. We'll see.

If you want to do this for tomorrow, make sure to get it done today as it says to let it sit in the refrigerator for 24 hours. I do know that anything over 6 hours works too but that may be why the topping is too thin for me! I sometimes use a little cheat here. I use a jarred hot fudge that I put a tablespoon or two, depending on the stiffness of the fudge, of corn syrup in for the topping. I like the one in the recipe but it seems a bit fluid to me so... I like something that actually is less runny. The fun part is that mom asked for this. It is going to be her birthday cake! She is 72 today. Actually, she told me this a.m. that she can't either! I still can not believe she is that OLD!! Or is it I can not believe I am as old as I am!

Attachments

• Eclair Cake - Paula Deen.pdf
    82.3 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:
So many great ideas!! Thanks! :)

pampered1224 said:
If you want to do this for tomorrow, make sure to get it done today as it says to let it sit in the refrigerator for 24 hours. I do know that anything over 6 hours works too but that may be why the topping is too thin for me! I sometimes use a little cheat here. I use a jarred hot fudge that I put a tablespoon or two, depending on the stiffness of the fudge, of corn syrup in for the topping. I like the one in the recipe but it seems a bit fluid to me so... I like something that actually is less runny. The fun part is that mom asked for this. It is going to be her birthday cake! She is 72 today. Actually, she told me this a.m. that she can't either! I still can not believe she is that OLD!! Or is it I can not believe I am as old as I am!

Wow! That is too easy! Thanks for sharing!

It took me all of 20 minutes to make. The hardest part was getting the corn syrup bottle open! Just kidding. I mixed up the pudding mix, then the topping. The worst part is that I am very meticulous about the graham crackers and I slowly break away the crackers to fit exactly into the corners and edges of the Rectangular Baker. I like to use that instead of the metal 13" x 9" because after it is refrigerated, the stone stays way colder for way longer and I have an hours drive to mom and dad's. And yes, I do have the carrier for that piece to so I can insulate it on the trip.

What are some easy and delicious dessert ideas for Easter Sunday?

Some easy and delicious dessert ideas for Easter Sunday include carrot cake, lemon bars, Easter sugar cookies, strawberry shortcake, and fruit tarts. You can also try making a trifle or a cheesecake with Easter-themed decorations.

Can you provide some gluten-free dessert options for Easter Sunday?

Yes, there are plenty of gluten-free dessert options for Easter Sunday such as flourless chocolate cake, macarons, gluten-free carrot cake, gluten-free lemon bars, and fruit crisp. You can also make a fruit platter with a chocolate dipping sauce.

What are some creative ways to incorporate Easter candy into desserts?

You can use Easter candy to decorate cupcakes or cakes, make chocolate bark with chopped up candy pieces, or use them as toppings for ice cream sundaes. You can also make Easter-themed cookies with candy pieces in the dough or make a candy-filled piñata cake.

Are there any no-bake dessert options for Easter Sunday?

Yes, there are several no-bake dessert options for Easter Sunday such as a no-bake cheesecake, Easter egg rice krispie treats, chocolate-covered pretzel nests, or a fruit and yogurt parfait. These desserts are easy to make and perfect for those who don't want to turn on their oven.

Do you have any healthier dessert options for Easter Sunday?

Yes, you can make healthier dessert options for Easter Sunday such as a fruit salad with a honey yogurt dressing, a fruit and cheese platter, or a dark chocolate avocado mousse. You can also make a yogurt parfait with fresh berries and granola or a berry crumble with oat topping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • Pckristinv