• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Dessert Should I Make for a Family BBQ?

S
sfdavis918
I need some ideas. We are having a family BBQ and I have been designated to make the dessert. I want to make one that is kid friendly while also "impressing" the adults. I also want it to be something that can be eaten with fingers instead of forks and plates. Any ideas?

Oh, and I have already made the warm nutty brownies, so I would like to do something else.

TIA!!:)

How about the Truffle Brownie Cups from the current Season's Best. They are bite size and look really nice when you put a swirl of whip cream on top. You can also top that off with a maraschino cherry or slice strawberries with the egg slicer and place a slice on top. They're also delicious.
You just might have to make a few batches since they are pretty small. Just me and 4 friends ate all of them one time :)

Berries and Creme Brownie Squares

You can print these cards on BLANK 4 x 6 index cards

put the stone in the refrig 5 or 6 hours before your BBQ and the stone will stay cool for about a hour so the cool whip/cream cheese will be okay being set out for a while.

:chef:

Attachments

• RECIPE CARD - Berries & Creme Brownie Squares 001.doc
    78 KB · Views: 272
  • RECIPE CARD - Berries & Creme Brownie Squares 002.doc
    27 KB · Views: 207
Tuxedo Brownie Cups - YUM!

or Protiferole Puffs - you can fill them with different fillings

I 2nd the Tuxedo Brownie Cups. They are always a HUGE hit when I take them somewhere.

Well I second the brownie and cream squares! Choices Choices!

Tuxedo Brownie Cups - you could put out some mini-chocolate chips or rainbow sprinkles in the prep bowls for everyone to sprinkle on top. The kids would love that!

Related to What Dessert Should I Make for a Family BBQ?

Question 1: What are some kid-friendly dessert ideas for a family BBQ?

Some kid-friendly dessert ideas for a family BBQ could include fruit skewers, s'mores dip, or mini ice cream sandwiches.

Question 2: How can I impress the adults with my BBQ dessert?

To impress the adults, consider making a homemade fruit cobbler or a decadent chocolate trifle. You could also try a unique flavor combination, such as lemon blueberry or salted caramel.

Question 3: Can you suggest a finger-friendly dessert that doesn't require plates and forks?

Yes, some easy finger-friendly desserts could include cookies, cupcakes, or fruit hand pies. You could also make a no-bake dessert, like a fruit parfait or chocolate bark.

Question 4: Any ideas for a dessert other than warm nutty brownies?

Of course! You could try a refreshing fruit salad, a creamy banana pudding, or a classic apple crisp. If you want to get creative, you could make a dessert charcuterie board with a variety of sweet treats.

Question 5: Do you have any tips for making a delicious dessert for a family BBQ?

When making a dessert for a family BBQ, it's important to consider the weather. If it's hot outside, choose a chilled dessert or one that won't melt easily. You can also try incorporating seasonal fruits for a fresh and flavorful touch. Additionally, don't be afraid to get creative and try new flavor combinations to impress your family and friends!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies