• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are You Making for Easter?

In summary, the conversation was about what everyone was planning for Easter dinner. Some were making special dishes, such as a chocolate orange cake and a strawberry cream trifle, while others were bringing traditional dishes like ham, baked beans, and potato salad. The recipe for the strawberry trifle was requested and shared. Other dishes mentioned included baklava squares, deviled eggs, corn, and stuffing. The conversation also touched on Easter egg traditions and recipes for stuffed eggs and tiramisu brownie squares were shared.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I was just on another thread where someone is having an Italian Easter Dinner.....so I was wondering what everyone else is doing?

We are on our own for Easter - mainly because we have such a busy Church Schedule, and DH and I are involved with all 5 Easter Services.....so I want to come up with something special, but easy to make ahead......so far, all I have decided is the chocolate orange cake that AnnieBee posted...

Mom makes dinner but I told her I'll bring a Strawberry Cream Trifle so I can try it out.

lkprescott said:
Mom makes dinner but I told her I'll bring a Strawberry Cream Trifle so I can try it out.

I've made that for 3 Bridal Showers and a Brunch Show....the bowl has been scraped clean every time!

Grandma is holding the dinner and she makes the ham, baked beans, and her AMAZING potato salad.

So far, I will be bringing Baklava Squares, deviled eggs, corn, and stuffing. (The corn and stuffing are for DH and DS who are picky eaters and that's what they requested!)

Other aunts and cousins will be bringing sides and desserts, too.

i just asked my grandma if she wanted me to bring a dessert to easter & told her about the strawberry trifle dessert. she said she'll be mad if i dont bring it.

Ok - where is the recipe for the strawberry trifle - I am going to my sisters and am in charge of dessert - I was going to do brownies, cookies and fruitsalad (because I don't eat dessert but kids do) and pick up a pie or something (cause I also don't bake much - LOL) I will do this though!!

PamperedDor said:
Ok - where is the recipe for the strawberry trifle - I am going to my sisters and am in charge of dessert - I was going to do brownies, cookies and fruitsalad (because I don't eat dessert but kids do) and pick up a pie or something (cause I also don't bake much - LOL) I will do this though!!

Well, it's in the new Seasons Best, and also on the page with the Trifle Bowl in the new catalog.....

its a SB s/s 08 recipe. you can get it on CC.

thecougchef said:
i just asked my grandma if she wanted me to bring a dessert to easter & told her about the strawberry trifle dessert. she said she'll be mad if i dont bring it.
Meghan...you aren't "coughing" in your avatar anymore!! LOL

Very cute picture!

Thanks!! I am not a big dessert person so I never look at the recipes about dessets - I am more of a dinner, appetizers girl - I know, weird right?? I hear it all the time! (and No I don't eat chocolate either - maybe 2 x a year!)

We will go to my mom's for lunch as usual. So, I don't have to fix anything.

Of course, we will be hunting eggs all day and weekend and then week and then month..........

We are making real Easter eggs and not buying the plastic ones like last year, so, I can use them being old and breaking as an excuse to throw them out, ha!

I have made BLT stuffed eggs with the left over eggs before they are good. You add bacon bit and tomato to the standard stuffed egg.

PamperedDor said:
Thanks!! I am not a big dessert person so I never look at the recipes about dessets - I am more of a dinner, appetizers girl - I know, weird right?? I hear it all the time! (and No I don't eat chocolate either - maybe 2 x a year!)
Try the tiramisu brownies! Everyone will think you are a goddess!

Hold on, I will go get the recipe!

Tiramisu Brownie Squares
Submitted by RINI
1 package (19-21 ounces) brownie mix (plus ingredients to make cake-like brownies)
1 cup milk
1/4 cup instant coffee granules
1 container (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
2 packages (3.4 ounces each) cheesecake instant pudding and pie filling
20 chocolate crème-filled sandwich cookies, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels, grated
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray rectangular baker with oil. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies; pour into baker, spreading evenly. Bake 25-30 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove to cooling rack; cool completely.

2. In a bowl, combine milk and instant coffee granules; stir until dissolved. Add half of the whipped topping and pudding mix; whisk until smooth. Coarsely chop cookies; fold into pudding mixture. Spread filling evenly over cooled brownie.

3. Attach open star tip to a decorator; fill with remaining whipped topping. Pipe diagonal rows, 1/4 inch apart, over entire surface of filling. Grate chocolate morsels over whipped topping. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Chill 30 minutes. Slice& Serve .

Yield: 20 servings or 30 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 340, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Carbohydrate 44 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 310 mg, Fiber 0 g

Or here are some other REALLY GOOD ONES!

Strawberry Margarita Squares
Crust
2 c fat-free mini-twist pretzels (1 c crushed)
1/2 c butter, melted
1/4 c sugar
Filling
2 pkg (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 c thawed, frozen margarita mix concentrate (non-alcoholic)
2 containers (8 oz ea) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 pkg (3 oz) strawberry gelatin
1/2 c boiling water
1 pkg (10 oz) frozen sliced strawberries in syrup

1. Preheat oven to 350. For crust, finely crush pretzels in resealable plastic bag with Baker*s Roller. Melt butter in Small Micro-Cooker on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted. Add crushed pretzels and sugar; mix well. Press mixture onto bottom of Rectangular Baker. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely.

2. For filling, beat cream cheese and margarita mix in Classic batter Bowl until well blended. Fold in 2 cups of the whipped topping. Using large Spreader, carefully spread cream cheese mixture evenly over crust. Refrigerate while preparing strawberry layer.

3. Place gelatin in Small Batter Bowl. Stir in boiling water; stir until completely dissolved. Add frozen strawberries and stir until strawberries separate and gelatin is thickened (a spoon drawn through the mixture will leave an impression). Whisk in 3 cups of the whipped topping using Stainless Steel Whisk. Pour over cream cheese layer, spreading to edges. Refrigerate 3 hours to set.

4. Cut dessert into 15 squares. Garnish with remaining whipped topping using Easy Accent Decorator.

Cream Puff Squares
Submitted by FootsieBear
Crust:
3/4 c water
6 tbsp butter or margarine
3/4 c all purpose flour
3 eggs
Filling & topping:
2 c cold milk
2 pkg (3.4 oz each) vanilla instant pudding
1 8 oz container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
2 1 oz squares of semi sweet chocolate for baking, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400. For crust, heat water and butter in saucepan over medium high heat until butter is melted and mixture comes to a boil. Stir in flour all at once using bamboo spoon. Reduce heat to low and stir mixture vigorously about 1 minute or until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms a ball. Remove pan from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until mixture is smooth. Spread mixture over bottom of rectangular baker using large spreader. Bake 20 minutes. Surface will puff unevenly. Prick 10-12 times to release steam. Continue baking 5 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool completely.
3. For filling, pour milk into classic batter bowl. Add pudding mixes; whisk two minutes until thickened. Fold in two cups of the whipped topping. Spread mixture evenly over cooled crust. Refrigerate one hour.
4. For topping, place chocolate and remaining whipped topping in small micro cooker. Microwave, uncovered on high for 30-40 seconds; stir until smooth. Pour chocolate mixture into small resealable plastic bag. Close bag. Cut dessert into 15 squares. Cut off very tip of one corner of the plastic bag with kitchen shears. Garnish with a drizzle of chocolate. Refrigerate until ready to serve or serve right away.

HOLY COW CAKE (I think this is also called better than sex cake....)
Vegetable spray for misting the pan
Cake:
1 plain devil's food cake mix
1-1/3 cups water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
Topping:
1 (8 oz.) jar of caramel topping
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
4 (2.1 oz.) butterfinger candy bars, crushed
1 (12 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, at room temperature
Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350*. Lightly mist a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with vegetable oil spray. Set the pan aside.
Place the cake mix, water, oil, and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for minute. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more. The batter should look thick and well blended. Pour the batter into the prepared pan smoothing out the top. Place the pan in the oven.
Bake the cake until it springs back when lightly pressed with your finger about 35 to 38 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack. Immediately poke holes in the top of the cake with a drinking straw or chopstick.
Prepare the topping: Place the caramel topping and sweetened condensed milk in a small bowl and stir to combine. Spoon this mixture over the warm cake so that it can seep down into the holes. Measure out half of the crushed candy bars and sprinkle the pieces over the cake.
Place the whipped topping and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and blend with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth and combined, about 1 minute. Spread the mixture over the top of the candy. Sprinkle the remaining candy pieces on top.
Place the pan uncovered in the refrigerator to chill the cake for about 20 minutes before cutting it into squares and serving.
Leftovers can be covered in waxed paper and put in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Serves 20.
ENJOY!

KellyTheChef said:
Meghan...you aren't "coughing" in your avatar anymore!! LOL

Very cute picture!

:D someone else pointed that out in another thread! hahaaa. thanks :)

I'm taking a spiral ham to my SIL (got a great deal at my local grocery store :)). It is my DH's family's traditional Easter meal. It's also a low hassle main dish to prepare, especially if your oven has a timer, Becky!

I'm going to do the orange-choc chip cake too, it seems so Springy! But the trifle sounds so good too... I don't have the S/S full cat, or the SB :( so would anyone like to share the trifle recipe here? TIA...

The Pampered Chef ®
Strawberry Cream Trifle
Recipe

1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1 pkg (10.75 oz) frozen pound cake, thawed
1 qt. fresh strawberries
1 container (16 oz) frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
1 lemon
3 containers (8 oz each) blended strawberry yogurt
1 pkg (3.4 oz) cheesecake instant pudding and pie filling
1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
Powdered sugar

Coarsely chop almonds using Food Chopper. Cut pound cake into 1-in. cubes using Color Coated Bread Knife; set aside. Set aside one strawberry for garnish. Hull remaining strawberries and cut into quarters. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine fresh and frozen strawberries; mix well.

Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 2 tbsp juice. In Stainless (4-qt.) Mixing Bowl, whisk lemon juice, yogurt and pudding mix until smooth using Stainless Whisk; immediately fold in 1 cup of the whipped topping.

To assemble trifle, place one-third of the pound cake cubes into bottom of Trifle Bowl. Top pound cake with one-third of the strawberry mixture. Top with half of the yogurt mixture, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with one-third of the almonds. Repeat layers one time. Top with remaining pound cake cubes and remaining strawberry mixture.

To garnish, spread remaining whipped topping over top of trifle, forming a flat surface using Small Spreader. Sprinkle remaining almonds over whipped topping. Sprinkle with powdered sugar using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Create strawberry fan with reserved strawberry; place into center of trifle.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 290, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Carbohydrate 44 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 240 mg, Fiber 2 g

Cook's Tip: To toast almonds, place almonds into Small Micro-Cooker®; microwave on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until golden brown, stirring after each 30-second interval. Cool completely.

Vanilla or white chocolate pudding and pie filling can be substituted for the cheesecake pudding, if desired. If using vanilla pudding, add 6-8 drops of red food coloring for a pinker color, if desired.

To make a strawberry fan, open the Egg Slicer Plus® and place the strawberry stem end down; slice most of the way through it with wires. Remove the strawberry from the wires and gently fan out the slices.

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

Those all sound good, but is anyone making something besides dessert? I have dessert taken care of - just looking for a good main dish that won't take too much effort. (and isn't ham)

we have turkey. for every holiday. can you stick it in the oven before church?

PamperedDor said:

That's how you stay thin??;)

I'm going to be out of town for Easter, and I have no idea what my sister is planning. And there won't be a lot of time for me to get groceries to make something there, because we're going to roll into town late Saturday.My mom always used to do something different for Easter brunch. One year it was chicken crepes, another year taco salad. Never the typical ham.Lamb is traditional for Easter, too, Becky. How about lamb chops?

thecougchef said:
we have turkey. for every holiday. can you stick it in the oven before church?

We have 3 services Sunday Morning, so I'll be there from 8 until about 1:30....I've been thinking, and I think I may make my famous Breakfast Casserole, and serve it with caramel biscuit bites and a fruit salad. The casserole and some of the fruit can be made ahead....

That strawberry trifle is soooo good! And even though it doesn't have chocolate in it, lol! (I'm an admitted chocoholic)
We're actually not having a traditional family dinner; since I have to work for my parents at their cafe. We'll probably eat there, & have steak or catfish. :thumbup: We had our Easter get-together with my in-laws last weekend; fil grilled about every kind of meat, plus potato salad, etc...

letscook04 said:
That's how you stay thin??;)

LOL!! Ya I guess that is the secret....

Thanks Kelly for those recipes - I will try a few this week and bring them to friends - I MIGHT even taste some myself!! ;)

Thanks so much for the trifle recipe Meghan. I can't wait to try it.

Becky, the breakfast casserole is a great idea. The other Idea I had was to do a big lasagne the day before, and just re-heat micro or oven - I do the no-cook noodles with a white sauce, and when I cook it from "just assembled" (ie the meat sauce and white sauce are still hot) it doesn't take long to cook.

On the other hand, I LOVE breakfast casserole too!! Or you could just come and have lunch with me at my SILs house :) !

Sounds like you have a busy day, I hope you have time to relax with your famly in the afternoon.

I'm bringing the asparagus dish with red onion and yellow pepper and the lemon pie. I don't like pie crust, so I'd love a better base idea than anything made with lard or Crisco. Eww!

Pillsbury sent me an e-mail with a make ahead fruit bowl. It has ginger in it and needs to sit for 8 hours or overnight. I thought it would be good because of the make ahead part and it's normal fruit.

I probably won't eat any meat on Easter, but ham will be served at SIL's.

We're making reservations:D .

My family and step-dad's family all get together, so there's quite a few of us! My mom lives right next to a nice restaurant, so we're all headed there for a fabulous brunch!

Hope everyone has a blessed Easter!

I made the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares at a show the other day and thought it would do great as a make ahead casserole. I don't eat eggs:yuck: though, so, that puts me out, ha! It looked great though.:D

If you wanted it to be hot, you could always do the hasbrowns and cheese the night before; and then top it and cook the second time to warm it up. It did not take long at all for the eggs to cook at that high temp.

The men in our church always cook breakfast while we are at Sonrise service, so, we go into the church for breakfast afterwards. They have a spread! They will have pancakes, biscuits, sausage both patty and link, ham, grits, eggs, bacon to name a few.

I am making:
Ham, pasta salad, warm greenbean/ potato salad, fruit salad, bacon wrapped aspagraus, quiche, cresent rolls, asparagus tarts, leek soup, deviled eggs and lemon meraingue cupcakes. Easter is at my house this year and it seems like for the last week all i have done is read this board and prepare for easter. I got the ham today! :)

I'm making Green Bean Casserole, Ranch Noodle Salad & a trifle to take to my aunt's. She's making ham.

So far I'm bringing the strawberry cream trifle. I was closing my aunt's catalog party and I made her turn to that page in the catalog. She was trying to figure out what I was up to. Then I asked if I could bring that recipe. Of course! I just got off the phone with her to see if there was anything else I could bring.

Related to What Are You Making for Easter?

1. What traditional dishes are commonly served for Easter?

Some of the most common traditional dishes for Easter include roasted lamb, ham, hot cross buns, and deviled eggs. Different cultures and regions may have their own unique dishes, but these are some of the most popular ones.

2. What are some easy make-ahead dishes for Easter?

If you're looking for something easy to make ahead for Easter, some options could include casseroles, quiches, or salads. These dishes can be prepared the day before and just need to be reheated before serving.

3. What are some non-traditional dishes that can be served for Easter?

For those looking to switch things up, some non-traditional dishes for Easter could include lasagna, chicken pot pie, or even a vegetarian option like stuffed portobello mushrooms. Get creative and think outside the box!

4. What are some Easter dessert ideas?

Easter is a great time to indulge in some sweet treats! Some popular dessert ideas for Easter include carrot cake, lemon bars, and of course, chocolate eggs and bunnies. You can also try making a festive Easter-themed dessert, such as a bunny-shaped cake or an Easter egg nest tart.

5. How can I accommodate dietary restrictions for Easter?

If you have guests with dietary restrictions, there are many ways to accommodate them for Easter. Consider making a vegetarian or vegan option, or offer gluten-free or dairy-free alternatives. You can also ask your guests beforehand if they have any restrictions and plan your menu accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • whiteyteresa
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
  • whiteyteresa