• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Microwave Miracles for Dorm Room Cooking: Easy Recipes & Tips

Combine 1/2 cup of the dry mixture with 1/2 cup of milk in a small bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds.Add 1/4 cup of sugar and mix well. Microwave for an additional 2 minutes.If using the Coffee and More Cup: Combine 1/2 cup of the dry mixture with 1 cup of coffee and 2 Tbsp. of sugar in the cup. Microwave for an additional 2 minutes.If using the 2 cup Prep Bowls: Combine 1/2 cup of the dry mixture with 2 cups of water in the Prep Bowls. Microwave for an additional 2 minutes.To make more of the dry mixture: Combine
dclattimer
I live in a college town, and all they have in their dorms are a microwave and a fridge, I am trying to create a theme show called microwave miracles that will allow them to cook the dorm room. Anyone have any ideas about what recipes I can make. Thanks

Anything in the DCB!!! :D Anything on the small bar pan. One of my favorite snacks is skinny fries on a bar pan covered in shredded cheese and chipotle rub then popped in the microwave until the cheese is melted.

Actually, because the DCB isn't available, I would focus on Rice Cooker recipes, and recipes that can be made in any of the batter/prep bowls. (plus I think college students are going to go for a rice cooker or batter bowl before a DCB, anyway.)

If you go to the files, and type in rice cooker, or batter bowl, or prep bowl...you'll find collections of recipes for those products.

ChefBeckyD said:
Actually, because the DCB isn't available, I would focus on Rice Cooker recipes, and recipes that can be made in any of the batter/prep bowls. (plus I think college students are going to go for a rice cooker or batter bowl before a DCB, anyway.)

If you go to the files, and type in rice cooker, or batter bowl, or prep bowl...you'll find collections of recipes for those products.

And the DCB doesn't fit in the dorm microwaves - they are TINY! - I'm not sure the rice cooker would fit either (may be too tall for those microwaves).

My son used the microcookers, prep and small batter bowl and the small bar pan all the time to cook with when he was in a dorm. He also has the small round stone and loves it too.

Rice Cooker ideas:
8 minute artichokes (although sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who makes them)
microwave cake (I do prefer the DCB for this, but the rice cooker one is okay)
All rice package mixes, noodle package mixes - they have microwave directions and work out perfectly
Mac & Cheese - kraft or homestyle
modified mac & cheese - drop in frozen veggies with the macaroni, cook, then add canned cubed chicken and the cheese.

Here are a few ideas:

in the microcooker or batter bowl:
ramen noodles
soup
mac & cheese

on a stone:
chicken strips
french fries
reheat leftovers

Cake in a Cup for One or Two - here are directions:

Combine 1 package of cake mix and 1 package of dry instant pudding mix. (Devils Food Cake Mix and Chocolate Instant Pudding work great but use your imagination!)

Divide the dry ingredients into 1/2 cup portions (makes 10) and place in sandwich bags.

Put one of the mixes with a Simple Additions Small Square Bowl, Small Dots Bowl, Coffee and More Cup, 2 cup Prep Bowl or 2 Prep Bowls. Add a Small Bamboo Spoon and a Mini Whipper and wrap with clear cellophane and a pretty ribbon.

Attach a card with the following directions:

Pour mixture into bowl provided and add 2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil, 2 Tbsp. Water and one egg. Mix well with whipper. Microwave 1 minute. If desired add some ice cream and chocolate sauce!

If using the Prep Bowls: Combine ingredients as above and mix in one of the Prep Bowls and then divide between the 2 bowls.

To make more of the dry mixture: Combine 1 box cake mix and one box instant pudding and divide into 1/2 cup portions.

1. What is the Microwave Miracle's product?

The Microwave Miracle's product is a specially designed microwave cooker that allows you to cook a variety of foods quickly and easily in your microwave.

2. How does the Microwave Miracle's product work?

The Microwave Miracle's product works by utilizing the microwave's power and heat to cook food inside the cooker. The specially designed lid and vents create a steam chamber that helps cook the food evenly and quickly.

3. What types of food can I cook with the Microwave Miracle's product?

You can cook a wide range of foods with the Microwave Miracle's product, including vegetables, meats, rice, pasta, and even desserts. It's perfect for everyday meals and also great for entertaining.

4. Is the Microwave Miracle's product safe to use?

Yes, the Microwave Miracle's product is safe to use. It is made with high-quality, BPA-free materials and has been extensively tested for safety. Just make sure to always follow the instructions and use oven mitts when handling the hot cooker.

5. How do I clean the Microwave Miracle's product?

Cleaning the Microwave Miracle's product is easy. Simply wash it with warm, soapy water or place it in the dishwasher. The non-stick surface makes it easy to clean, and it is also safe to use in the freezer for storing leftovers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thecougchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • PaulaP
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Thinker
  • tazzygurl611