• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Lunch Ideas for an Office with Limited Appliances

In summary, the conversation revolves around finding a dish to bring to an office that only has a small microwave. Suggestions include Grecian Party Squares, salads, Chocolate Chip Sensation, cheeseburger salad, trifle, Clubhouse chicken squares, chicken Caesar salad pizza, veggie pizza, lemon cakes, and chicken avocado grapefruit salad. Some also suggest using an electric burner or hot plate to cook at the office.
PaulaP
Gold Member
My SIL just called and wants me to come next week at her office with lunch. Problem!! Their office has only a small (college dorm small) microwave. Her office is also close to an hour and a half from me, so making something to bring may be a little difficult. I would love any suggestions!!! Thanks in advance!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

Grecian Party Squares...bake the croissant bottom at home, make the topping at the office and Voila! YUMMY!

Salads are always good, big, and use a lot of products. How about Strawberry Spinach Salad?

Chocolate Chip Sensation. Prebake the crust at home and then finish it at the office. Perfect recipe, easy to put together and fun. Plus really really good.

you could do the cheeseburger salad easy enough if you made the croutons and ground beef at home. it's only 1lb of beef, so you should be able to heat that in the micro.

another idea is to bring one of those electric burners. A friend of mine told me she just got one on a clearance rack for $5!! Wish I could find one like that! anyway, if you have one or know someone who does you could always do a soup.

You can assemble a trifle there!

Prebake a crust and do the Clubhouse chicken squares or 7 Layer Salad Squares....

I agree about the plug in burner...I found mine on clearance at Target. Ask your director if she has one if need be!

I would do the chicken caesar salad pizza. You can prepare the pizza crust and the cooked chicken at home and then prepare the salad portion in front of them. I've done the pizza dough prepared ahead of time. I used it maybe 1 and a half hours later. As long as you cover it with foil it stays fine. Good luck!!!

Personally, I vote for that Cheeseburger Salad. I think it's yummy, it's new, so you wouldn't have to worry that someone's already had it "oh, sooo many times before...!"
Also, make the meat up at home, and heat it up in the microwave. I bet the large micro-cooker would be perfect for this! As for serving, since you'd be traveling with it, I'd recommend something like the SA Large Bowl or even the new Collapsible Bowl, if you have one. Make the croutons ahead.
Don't worry about a demo; chances are, if it's at lunchtime, they won't have alot of time to listen to one anyway!!
Plan a 5-minute "speech", so you can push for bookings, etc., and explain how to order. Keep it SIMPLE!! I'd also recommend a door prize drawing, so you can get their contact info for follow-up later.

Good luck! Be sure and let us know what you end up doing, and how it goes!

Paula

Cool Veggie pizza would work too.

Those lemon cakes are done in the microwave ... but I don't know if you'd want to do that because of the varying microwave issue.

You can find these burners at Walmart for like $7! I have 2!!!

Paula R. Lewis said:
Personally, I vote for that Cheeseburger Salad. I think it's yummy, it's new, so you wouldn't have to worry that someone's already had it "oh, sooo many times before...!"
Also, make the meat up at home, and heat it up in the microwave. I bet the large micro-cooker would be perfect for this! As for serving, since you'd be traveling with it, I'd recommend something like the SA Large Bowl or even the new Collapsible Bowl, if you have one. Make the croutons ahead.
Don't worry about a demo; chances are, if it's at lunchtime, they won't have alot of time to listen to one anyway!!
Plan a 5-minute "speech", so you can push for bookings, etc., and explain how to order. Keep it SIMPLE!! I'd also recommend a door prize drawing, so you can get their contact info for follow-up later.

Good luck! Be sure and let us know what you end up doing, and how it goes!

Paula

I ditto this!!! Definetly the meat can be done in a micro cooker or even the barrer bowl in the microwave.

The 7 layer salad squares are awesome as well! and if everything was prepped you could do a quick assemble and even have people help!

chefallison53 said:
You can find these burners at Walmart for like $7! I have 2!!!
Yep, I have one of these too! Great idea!
Or Cappucino mousse trifle....way good for coffee lovers!
You could also do the chicken avacado grapefruit salad. Just grill the chicken ahead of time. We did that last night for a bridal show...it was great cold.

I purchased a hot plate. It works great. I used it at all my shows in January to cook soup. You can place it right in front of the guests on a table. It works great for an interactive show, because everyone can see what is going on.

Thanks for all the great ideas!! I knew I could count on you guys.

Do a Pretend Party. Take 3 potatoes and all the tool you can bring. For example show the Mandoline and pretend one of your potatoes is an onion. Show the garlic press and use a litttle of the potatoe as a clove of garlic. Use another tool and pretend it's a tomato. Be creative and have fun!

Do a Pretend Party. Take 3 potatoes and lots of tools. For example tell the guests to pretend the one of the potatoes is an onion and demonstrate the Mandoline. Take a piece of potato and pretend its a clove of garlic and show the garlic press. Be creative and have fun with it!

1. What exactly is a "Show With No Appliances"?

A "Show With No Appliances" is a virtual cooking demonstration where we showcase our products and share recipes without the use of any traditional kitchen appliances. Instead, we use our innovative tools and gadgets to create delicious meals.

2. Do I need to have any Pampered Chef products to participate in a Show With No Appliances?

No, you do not need any Pampered Chef products to participate. Our consultants will demonstrate how to use our tools and gadgets during the show and you can decide if you would like to purchase any products afterwards.

3. How do I join a Show With No Appliances?

You can join a Show With No Appliances by contacting your consultant or by hosting a virtual party. Your consultant will provide you with a link to join the show and you can easily access it from your computer or mobile device.

4. Can I ask questions during a Show With No Appliances?

Absolutely! Our consultants encourage interaction and are happy to answer any questions you may have during the show. You can use the chat feature to ask questions or make comments.

5. Are there any special offers or discounts during a Show With No Appliances?

Yes, there are often special offers and discounts available during a Show With No Appliances. Your consultant will share any current promotions and you may even have the opportunity to earn free products by hosting a show or placing an order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
doughmama
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • Christy252
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies