• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Lunch Ideas for Kids: Cold and Microwavable Options for Daycare

In summary, two of the children's lunches need to be microwaved and the other three can bring food that needs to be cold. The children are getting antsy with eating sandwiches all the time, so their parents are looking for ideas on how to make the food more appetizing. Some of the suggested menus include boiled pasta with string cheese, peanut butter and bananas, and pita PB raisin sandwiches.
Brandi2007
I have to make lunch for my 2 children to bring to daycare 5 days a week. Two of the days they can bring something that needs to be microwaved the other 3 all have to be cold... the problem I am having is that they are aggitated with eating sandwhiches all the time so they don't finish their lunches anymore! Does anyone have some simple menu ideas that I can try to pump up their taste buds? :confused:

My kiddos love cooked pasta with string cheese. You can boil the pasta the night before and have it in little containers ready to load into the lunchboxes in the morning. My kids eat the pasta cold, but I am not sure if your kids will like it cold too. Just a thought~

Buy them a small stainless steel thermos at Target (I think I find them in or around the camping aisle). They are probably under $10 I knwo we've had 5 or 6 of them for about 10 years they never wear out.
I fill it with ice cubes in the morning as soon as I get up if my daughter wants pasta salad, cottage cheese or soemthing like chicken salad in her lunch. If she wants hot food I put water from my hot water tap in it and reheat leftovers or a can of soup, ravioli, ramen noodles whatever.
We buy the indivdual servings of ranch dressing and she takes veggies to dip or a salad.
have you tried a website like razzledazzlerecipes.com?
they have good ideas too.

Teresa
Thanks for sharing the website...I have already marked it as a favorite.

IF Peanut butter is allowed try this recipe
8in tortilla spread peanut butter on one side. sliced banana (half is perfect) and sprinkle raisins on, then just roll it up. I cut mine in thirds to make it easier to pick up. My kids gobble it up everytime. This is a great breakfast too.

All excellent ideas! I plan to check out the websites too. I love the pita PB raisin recipe too! They will love that! Thank you all!-- (AND MY CHILDREN THANK YOU AS WELL!)

What are some cold lunch options for daycare?

Some cold lunch options for daycare include sandwiches, wraps, salads, cold pasta dishes, and fruit and vegetable platters.

What are some microwavable lunch options for daycare?

Some microwavable lunch options for daycare include mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, quesadillas, mini pizzas, and rice and bean bowls.

How can I ensure my child's lunch stays fresh until lunchtime?

To ensure freshness, pack lunches in insulated lunch boxes with ice packs. You can also freeze items like yogurt or juice boxes to act as additional ice packs.

What are some healthy lunch ideas for kids?

Some healthy lunch ideas for kids include whole grain sandwiches, veggie wraps, hummus and vegetable sticks, yogurt parfaits, and turkey and cheese roll-ups.

Can you provide some easy and creative lunch ideas for picky eaters?

Some easy and creative lunch ideas for picky eaters include mini bagel pizzas, turkey and cheese pinwheels, fruit and cheese skewers, and homemade lunchables with crackers, cheese, and turkey slices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
minirottie
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pamperedval
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies