• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fun & Inclusive Cooking Show for Adult Daycare | Pampered Chef Ideas & Recipes

In summary, my SIL is doing a cooking show for an adult day care and is looking for recipes that can be made with a large group. She is also looking for ideas on how to decorate and give gifts after the show.
fikibiff
Gold Member
I just got this e-mail from my SIL - a new PCer. Does anyone have any great ideas to help her out? I'm sure you do.

"I was recently asked to do a show of an adult daycare. The facility will receive the host benefits so they can stock their kitchen with Pampered Chef cookware. The clients at the facility like to make their own lunch about once every week. The kitchen tools that they currently use are in pretty bad shape. The daycare is a not for profit organization so they do not have the money to replace them. I want it to be a big show so they can earn as many free and discounted items as possible.

Here is what I need help with. I was asked to do a cooking show that the clients can participate in. Many of them have physical disabilities or arthritis. I am looking for a recipe that will be fun to do with them. There are approx. 30 clients at the daycare each day, so I need a recipe that can include a large group. I will also need to have enough food to split between all the clients (this could be a meal, snack, or a dessert). Some of the clients are diabetic and we do not want to leave them out if we make a dessert (we can use splenda instead of sugar). Also I am not allowed to give the clients sharp knives, but the food chopper and mandolin are OK. The tentative show date is set for Nov. 13. If anyone has any ideas that could make this show really special for the clients please let me know.

We plan to send each client, and employee, home with with catalogs and order forms after the show. I think they will be more excited to get orders if the cooking show is really fun for them. I want them to be able to talk about some of the products they used and how great it would be to have them in the kitchen at the daycare."

Thanks guys, I'm sure you will know what to do.

Niki

I know it's not a recipe, but for a drink they could make lemonade. They can use the ultimate mandoline and the quik stir pitcher. I know there are recipes floating around on this site somewhere for the lemonade.

how about some sort of soup and sandwich?? you would be able to show some cookware , stoneware , smaller tools like peelers and spreaders, the micro cookers, cutting boards.

I would say keep the recipe very simple, a big percentage of people in these programs are unable to care for themselves (hence why they are there)Focus on easy to make/reheat foods that are also inexpensive. Unless they live with family many elders have their "meal of the day" at the daycare program, and have a smaller meal at dinner time.

Maybe you can find a good recipe in Cooking for Two.

I volunteer at a Retirement Healthcare Center, so many of the folks have manual dexterity concerns (arthritis or strokes). Recently, I helped them decorate Fall Cookies, both "real" and sugar-free varieties. It was a good way to use the Flour/Sugar Shaker, Decorator Bottles, Creative Cutters, Stackable Cooling Rack, Prep Bowls (show how to make an individual cookie to give as a gift) or Coffee Mugs (mug cake), Coating Trays & Tool, etc. Check the files, too. I know there are flyer son PC for those with arthritis.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Since I don't know the extent of their dissabilities, could you do make your own pizzas? Using Grands biscuits, roll them flat with our bakers roller, spread on sauce using the small scoop, use chopper to chop up toppings, and add cheese. Bake on our stoneware. (Use our large grooved cutting board for rolling out biscuits and using the chopper)

If she had extra cutting boards (even the smaller ones) and extra rollers, they could all be helping with rolling out the dough. (4 packages of grands 8 ct. would be enough that they could each make their own pizza!)

Definately show the quick stir pitchers, micro cookers, could they use the salad choppers?, the safety knife, hmmm....I am running out of ideas!

The ideas that everyone posted are great! My grandmother used an adult daycare & so I can tell you the ideas that are posted are right on targer. For her personally - she would have loved the pizza, the lemonaide and the cookies (pizza & sweets were always her favorite!).

I can't think of anything any better! Good luck!

If you are able I would have someone take pictures of the event and individuals involved - families love to get these because it shows them their loved one happy, which sometimes is a rare event.

Thanks for all the great ideas - I will pass these in to my SIL and keep watching for more.

1. What is a Fun & Inclusive Cooking Show for Adult Daycare?

A Fun & Inclusive Cooking Show for Adult Daycare is a special cooking demonstration and interactive experience designed specifically for adult daycare facilities. It aims to engage and entertain participants while providing them with helpful tips, ideas, and recipes for preparing delicious and nutritious meals.

2. What can we expect from a Fun & Inclusive Cooking Show?

During the show, a Pampered Chef consultant will lead participants through a variety of recipes, showcasing products and techniques that make cooking easier and more enjoyable. The consultant will also provide helpful kitchen hacks and tips for adapting recipes to meet different dietary needs and preferences.

3. Can we request specific recipes for the Cooking Show?

Absolutely! Our Pampered Chef consultants are always happy to accommodate specific recipe requests for the Cooking Show. You can discuss your preferences with the consultant when booking the show or provide a list of recipes you would like to see demonstrated.

4. How long does a Fun & Inclusive Cooking Show last?

The duration of the Cooking Show can vary depending on the number of recipes being demonstrated and the level of interaction with the participants. On average, a Fun & Inclusive Cooking Show for Adult Daycare lasts about 1 to 2 hours.

5. Are there any fees associated with booking a Fun & Inclusive Cooking Show?

No, there are no fees for booking a Fun & Inclusive Cooking Show for Adult Daycare. Our consultants are happy to provide this service as part of our commitment to promoting healthy and enjoyable cooking experiences for all individuals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcbrooke
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • lockhartkitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies