• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Cooking Shows at a Saturday Market Boost Your Business?

In summary, Julie visited her town's Saturday indoor market today and found an opportunity to demo recipes, make money, and have her own cooking show. She plans to start with simple recipes and add more complex variations as she becomes more experienced.
lockhartkitchen
I visited my town's Saturday indoor market today and fell upon a great opportunity. They are setting up a full kitchen with sink, demo island, etc. They were looking for someone who could demo recipes. She loves Pampered Chef and wants me to do them. It will bring people in, and I can sell my products. I will demo nutritious recipes (I'll use a lot of organic elements), have a permanent set up with my products, and can even invite clients to have their cooking shows there. Only $30 per Saturday. She wants to bring people in. If we start bringing in a lot, I will eventually have no cost to me! She was very excited about the new bamboo. The kitchen setup will look shabby chic. Natural signage (chalkboards, refurbished wood, etc.) is allowed in there. No vinyl signage. I have someone that can make me a sign from refurbished wood to put my name on. She envisions maybe even having a cooking shows video taped and put on our local access TV. lockhartkitchen may be a local name. Hee Hee. I told my husband this was worth my 3 contacts a day. He answered with it was only 1 contact, but a good one. He's holding me to the 3 contacts a day.

Julie, this is great! you must be so excited! our own little CS version of Rachel Ray! It sounds like a good idea and fun, too!

Go, Julie!I suggest simple modest-ingredient recipes that are big on flavor and use the fresh ingredients from the market.Here's a couple awesome recipes to try:GARLIC STRING BEANS IN ASIAN SAUCE40-50 fresh green beans, both ends snipped
2 tablespoons sesame, peanut, or vegetable oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
8-12 oz. raw stir-fry sliced meat or cubed tofu (optional)
1 tablespoon cornstarch
½ cup hot water
2 tablespoons Oyster Sauce
2 tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
¼ cup low-sodium soy sauceIn COLANDER AND BOWL set, rinse and shake-dry grean beans. Snip both ends using KITCHEN SHEARS and set in medium bowl. In EXECUTIVE STIR FRY PAN, heat pan over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add oil and roll around to coat bottom of pan. Mince garlic and ginger using MICROPLANE GRATER right into pan. (Stir fry meat or tofu until just browned – remove and reserve for later). Cook garlic/ginger until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Add green beans to pan, stir-frying with Babmboo Spatula about 6-8 minutes until beans are crisp-tender. Reduce heat to low. Mix cornstarch and water in Food Prep Bowl. Add cornstarch mixture, and all other sauces, stirring until mixture begins to bubble. (Return meat to pan) Cover, simmer 3-5 minutes until sauce is thickened. Serve at once. Add angle-cut green onions as a garnish.Excellent with steamed white or brown rice. LAVENDER CARROTS make ahead - 3-4 days is best!Ingredients: 1 lb of carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
¾ C seasoned rice vinegar
1/3 C sugar
½ tsp lavender1. Peel carrots with VEGETABLE PEELER.
2. Slice into matchsticks with JULIENNE PEELER.
3. Cook matchstick carrots in MICRO COOKER in microwave in half-batches 2 minutes until crisp-tender
4. In SMALL BATTER BOWL, Combine sugar & vinegar, bring to a boil in the microwave to create marinade
5. Remove from microwave, add lavender to marinade, stir well
6. Pour over carrots. Refrigerate 3-4 days and serveGood job to your hubby holding you accountable!

Thanks Scott. Sounds yummy! I also thought of Harvest Chicken Salad and apple berry salsa. It's going to be fun picking recipes.

Hi there! What an incredible opportunity you stumbled upon at the Saturday indoor market! I am so excited for you and your potential partnership with the market to demo recipes using Pampered Chef products. Not only will this bring in more customers for the market, but it will also provide a fantastic platform for you to showcase the quality and versatility of our products.I love that you plan to incorporate organic elements into your demos and that you will have a permanent set up with your products. And the fact that you can even invite clients to have their own cooking shows there is such a fantastic added bonus. It's great to hear that the market is open to natural signage like chalkboards and refurbished wood - that will definitely add to the shabby chic aesthetic.I think it's a brilliant idea to have your name on a sign made from refurbished wood - it will fit perfectly with the overall vibe of the kitchen setup. And the possibility of having your cooking shows video taped and aired on local access TV is just the cherry on top!I agree with your husband that this is definitely worth your three contacts a day. In fact, I have no doubt that this opportunity will bring in even more than just one contact per day. I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear more about your success at the Saturday indoor market. Keep up the great work!

1. What is a Saturday Market Cooking Show?

A Saturday Market Cooking Show is a live cooking demonstration that takes place at a local farmer's market. It is hosted by a Pampered Chef consultant who showcases easy and delicious recipes using Pampered Chef products.

2. How do I find a Saturday Market Cooking Show near me?

You can visit the Pampered Chef website and use the "Find a Consultant" feature to search for consultants in your area who are hosting Saturday Market Cooking Shows. You can also check with your local farmer's market to see if they have any upcoming events featuring a Pampered Chef consultant.

3. Do I need to bring anything to a Saturday Market Cooking Show?

No, you do not need to bring anything to a Saturday Market Cooking Show. The consultant will provide all the necessary ingredients and cooking tools for the demonstration. However, if you are interested in purchasing any Pampered Chef products, you may want to bring cash or a credit card.

4. Is there a cost to attend a Saturday Market Cooking Show?

There is no cost to attend a Saturday Market Cooking Show. These events are free and open to the public. However, if you decide to purchase any Pampered Chef products, there will be a cost for those items.

5. Can I host a Saturday Market Cooking Show at my local farmer's market?

Yes, you can host a Saturday Market Cooking Show at your local farmer's market. Contact your Pampered Chef consultant to discuss the details and availability. It's a great way to bring the community together and showcase delicious recipes using Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellerCooks
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Deb Bixler