• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Set up a Mini-Show/Demo at an Office?

In summary, the office assistant is considering coming in at the end of the show term to do a recipe demo with the staff. He or she would bring something already made or make it there. The demo would be for the staff and any neighboring offices that might be interested.
TheFreddiesCook
A Dr's office assistant is having a catalog show with me and it ocurred to me that I can maybe offer to come at the end of the show term and do some recipe demo at the office. How do you do this? What exactly would I do?

Do you bring something already made or make it there? Well, obviously, there is no stove or oven, possibly a small microwave.

Would it be just the staff, or who else can they invite?

I suppose it would have to be something after closing the office...

Please share with me some ideas. I want to talk with him this week. Thanks

Who will be ordering from the catalog? What would be the purpose of your demo? If the office assistant is going to sell to co-workers and patients, i would wait until the show closes and you know the delivery date. Schedule a Demo and invite everybody who purchased to participate when they come in on a specific day to pick up their order. You can still get more books and sales.

I like this idea!

The demo would be to just let them sample a recipe, see some of the products, and maybe place more orders... That's why I was thinking to have it right before closing it, but your idea sounds good too...

Still, would I bring the recipe already made?

That would entirely be up to you.You could have the recipe prepared and have some tools out for people to hold, touch, try for themselves. No actually cooking. They're coming to taste a Pampered Chef recipe, meet their consultant, see some really cool stuff and pick up their previously ordered items.

You could also do an express show. Essentially the contact circulates the catalog around, picking up orders. Invite the whole office to come to the demo, along with any neighboring offices...who doesn;t want a free lunch? Do BBQ pork tenderloin sandwiches. Already have it ready to go, but not cooked. Ask the host to buy potato salad as the side, or offer to buy and be reimbursed.

When everyone arrives, show them what's inside and quickly tell them what you did. Pop it in the micro for 12 minutes. Use the mandoline for the onions and pickles. Use the bread knife for the hot dog buns, and get the BBQ sauce ready. When the tenderloin is done, zap the BBQ for 1minute. Serve sandwiches.

I have found people add to their initial order, and others who hadn't planned on order decide to buy afterall. =)

Good Luck!

Word of caution....MAKE SURE that the Host gets this ok'd by the right person in the office. (She may BE the right person..being the Office Assistant). But I was supposed to do this in an office facility...(bigger than your's probably will be). I went in during the lunch hour. The host told me she had gotten HR approval, etc. I was in the break room, set up my stuff for a demo, and had the recipes all ready to sample. ANOTHER HR lady comes in not knowing anything about this and asked what I was doing. I explained what was going on- and then the Host walked back in and she talked to her ,e tc. LONG story short, the HR lady came back and asked me to leave..I couldn't be there, etc. TUrns out the host didn't get properly explain what she was planning. I think HR thought SHE would be bringing stuff in. THe host asked if I could leave the food, which I did, got my dishes a few days later (minus my large scoop :grumpy:) and had TWO whole orders amounting to about $50 out of the hassle.So MAKE sure you she has the correct ok. Companies don't like to "open that can of worms" - if they let one person do it, they may have to let everyone else. Know what I mean?If it works out...YEAH!!! I hope it does. BTW- I had prepared the recipes ahead of time so they could eat while I demoed (while they had lunch). There were some good suggestions about what else you could do in the earlier posts. Much better than what I did. (or was GOING to do)

Come in with a fajitas recipe ready to pop in the microwave. Make salsa fresca on the spot and you've got a winner - explain how you do the recipes in about 5-7 minutes and leave catalogs.

great idea, Scott. I have a small party that someone wants to have for staff during their lunch hour and you just helped me with my menu! Thanks.:)

1. How can I schedule a mini-show/demo at my office?

To schedule a mini-show/demo at your office, simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant and provide them with a date and time that works for you and your coworkers. Your consultant will then work with you to plan the details of the event.

2. How long does a mini-show/demo typically last?

A mini-show/demo at an office typically lasts about 45 minutes to an hour. However, this can vary depending on the number of attendees and the products being demonstrated.

3. Do I need to provide anything for the mini-show/demo?

No, your Pampered Chef consultant will bring all of the necessary materials and products for the mini-show/demo. All you need to do is provide a space for the presentation and invite your coworkers to attend.

4. Can we purchase products at the mini-show/demo?

Yes, you and your coworkers will have the opportunity to purchase products at the end of the mini-show/demo. Your consultant will have order forms and will be able to assist with any questions or orders.

5. Is there a cost to have a mini-show/demo at our office?

No, there is no cost to host a mini-show/demo at your office. Your consultant will provide the presentation and products at no charge. However, if you and your coworkers choose to purchase products, there will be a cost for those items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefKelebel
  • PaulaP
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Thinker
  • kcmckay