• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Quick and Delicious Chicken Recipe in Just 30 Minutes?

In summary, a past host called to tell me that her friend just booked a show with the DCB and they are looking for more opportunities to use it. The DCB, 30 minute chicken, and referrals! have been very successful for her business.
THANK YOU BECKY! That sounds so good and simple! I have been looking for an idea that wouldn't have me on my feet the entire time. (I'm 8 mos. pregnant) This sounds like it could easily be turned into a hands on show!!
THANKS AGAIN!

Delicious!:thumbup: Becky.....ALL I can say is DELICIOUS!!!! :love: I made a sample of this for my lunch today and I love it. I did one chicken breast a small onion and a few slices of yellow and red bell pepper with the SW seasoning. This is so so so so good! I already told my upcoming hosts about it and they are excited to try this. A few questions:

1) How do you shred the chicken? I have one hold & slice so I held the chicken with it and used a fork to shred. Do you use 2 H&S?

2) For the Guac - do you use your own recipe or use our seasoning mix?

DH is coming home tomorrow - guess what I'm cooking (now that I'm almost and expert at this one :D )

ChefBeckyD said:
Instead of a whole chicken, I do 3-4 chicken breasts. I slice up green and red pepper and a large onion (I use the apple wedger) and put it in the bottom of the DCB, sprinkle w/ some Southwestern Seasoning. Top w/ the chicken, and more SW Seasoning. Put the lid on, and put in microwave for 12-15 minutes. I fill the mini baker w/ 6 inch tortillas, cover it with foil and put it in the oven to warm (at 250 degrees)

While the chicken is in the microwave, I pass around a bowl w/ the salsa ingredients and salad chopper and have guests make salsa, show them how to work w/ an avocado, and have someone mix up the guacamole with the mix n masher. I have cheese already in a small SA bowl, and then put the salsa & guac in bowls, and put them in the rectangle woven - when the chicken is done, I shred it, and push the veggies to one side of the DCB, and put the chicken back in on the other side. I set the DCB, and the mini baker, on the large round woven piece and set it next to the condiments, and let people help themselves. Then I talk about all of the possiblities of the DCB - because they just saw me do a Fajita meal in less than 20 minutes....and there are so many other recipes that can also be done in it in 30 minutes or less.

Sorry if I am a bit dense, but do you use boneless breasts?

Just from my cooking boneless skinless chicken breast all the time, I have found that the salad choppers work great at cutting up chicken. I've used them a lot when making shredded cheesy chicken soup for us at home. Of course it will only work on cooked chicken but I love using them. Makes it so effortless. In fact, I use it more for chicken than salad.

pamperedpsalmstress said:
Sorry if I am a bit dense, but do you use boneless breasts?

Yes - it's the boneless, skinless breast.

ChefBeckyD said:
Instead of a whole chicken, I do 3-4 chicken breasts. I slice up green and red pepper and a large onion (I use the apple wedger) and put it in the bottom of the DCB, sprinkle w/ some Southwestern Seasoning. Top w/ the chicken, and more SW Seasoning. Put the lid on, and put in microwave for 12-15 minutes. I fill the mini baker w/ 6 inch tortillas, cover it with foil and put it in the oven to warm (at 250 degrees)

While the chicken is in the microwave, I pass around a bowl w/ the salsa ingredients and salad chopper and have guests make salsa, show them how to work w/ an avocado, and have someone mix up the guacamole with the mix n masher. I have cheese already in a small SA bowl, and then put the salsa & guac in bowls, and put them in the rectangle woven - when the chicken is done, I shred it, and push the veggies to one side of the DCB, and put the chicken back in on the other side. I set the DCB, and the mini baker, on the large round woven piece and set it next to the condiments, and let people help themselves. Then I talk about all of the possiblities of the DCB - because they just saw me do a Fajita meal in less than 20 minutes....and there are so many other recipes that can also be done in it in 30 minutes or less.

Okay, I have read too many posts saying what a hit this has been. Now I have to try it. However, I do not have the salad chopper. Is it the recipe that was in the S/S '07 catalog? Do you think using the food chopper instead would work? What about the guacamole? I do not have our mix? Is there a different recipe for it? TIA

Bren706 said:
Okay, I have read too many posts saying what a hit this has been. Now I have to try it. However, I do not have the salad chopper. Is it the recipe that was in the S/S '07 catalog? Do you think using the food chopper instead would work? What about the guacamole? I do not have our mix? Is there a different recipe for it? TIA

Brenda,
do you have the All The Best Cookbook?

There is a salsa and gaucamole duo recipe in there and you could totally do those recipes instead!

Hey
I made the whole chicken in the DCB once last week and once this week, tonight actually. I'm doing a 30 Minute Chicken show tomorrow night and really want to make sure it's going to go well. I think it's going to be fine. sigh!

Yes, I have it! Great recipes! Thanks so much. I can't wait to do this at my shows over the weekend!

So, for 3-4 chicken breasts, how many servings do you get from it? Just trying to plan for a crowd of 12 or more.

JAE said:
Hey
I made the whole chicken in the DCB once last week and once this week, tonight actually. I'm doing a 30 Minute Chicken show tomorrow night and really want to make sure it's going to go well. I think it's going to be fine. sigh!

It will be fine! You are so funny! You have to let me know how it goes!

I'm doing it Saturday, Monday, and I think also Tuesday......I just can't get away from it. I keep offering the Smashed Potato Soup - but everyone wants either the 30 minute chicken or the Chicken Fajitas......

Bren706 said:
Yes, I have it! Great recipes! Thanks so much. I can't wait to do this at my shows over the weekend!

So, for 3-4 chicken breasts, how many servings do you get from it? Just trying to plan for a crowd of 12 or more.

Make sure and use the 6 inch shells! You can totally get 12 fajitas from 4 chicken breasts. At my last show - I had someone thinly slice the chicken before putting it in the DCB (Interactive show!:thumbup: ) and that way, it was in strips for people to use - it worked great!

Thank you for this inspiring thread! I did the Chicken fajita bar as suggested here and it was an absolute hit! Had 6 guests and all guests participated in prepping the veggies for the salsa & guac. AND - sold 3 DCB and got 2 bookings. Thanks again!

pattikake said:
Thank you for this inspiring thread! I did the Chicken fajita bar as suggested here and it was an absolute hit! Had 6 guests and all guests participated in prepping the veggies for the salsa & guac. AND - sold 3 DCB and got 2 bookings. Thanks again!

That is awesome! So glad it worked out well for you!

Could someone post the salsa and guacamole recipe from the all the best cookbook?

ChefMoore said:
Could someone post the salsa and guacamole recipe from the all the best cookbook?
Fresh Salsa & Guacamole Duo
(All the Best; P. 25)

6 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely diced (1½ cups)
¼ cup finely chopped onion
¼ cup fresh snipped cilantro
1 ½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
½ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
2 firm, ripe avocados, peeled and diced
Baked Tortilla Chips (p. 19)

1. Finely dice tomatoes using Chef’s Knife. Finely chop onion using Food Chopper. Place tomatoes and onion in Classic Batter Bowl. Add cilantro, lime juice, salt and ground red pepper to tomato mixture; mix gently. Let stand 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend.

2. Place avocados in Small Batter Bowl. Add 1/3 cup salsa mixture to avocados; mix gently. Spoon salsa and guacamole into small bowls. Serve with Baked Tortilla Chips.

Yield: 1 ½ cups salsa (12 servings)
1 ½ cups guacamole (12 servings)

Thanks for these recipes...I can't wait to try the fajitas at a show

Sorry, I have one of those silly details questions.:confused:

I don't have the SW seasonings. What can I use in place? I can't wait to try this and will get the SW with my next supply order, but I don't think I can wait that long to try this at home!:D

I just tell the host to get fajita seasoning!

If desired, 1 teaspoon chili powder and ½ teaspoon ground cumin can be substituted for the Southwestern Seasoning Mix.

<h2>1. What is the DCB and how does it help with creating quick and delicious chicken recipes?</h2><p>The DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, from Pampered Chef is a versatile cooking tool that allows you to cook a variety of dishes in a fraction of the time compared to traditional methods. Its unique design traps in moisture and heat, resulting in juicy and flavorful chicken in just 30 minutes.</p><h2>2. Can you share the recipe for the 30 Minute Chicken?</h2><p>Absolutely! The 30 Minute Chicken recipe is a customer favorite and can be found on the Pampered Chef website. It's a simple and delicious dish that can be customized with different seasonings and sauces to suit your taste preferences.</p><h2>3. Do you have any tips for using the DCB to cook chicken in just 30 minutes?</h2><p>To ensure the best results, make sure to preheat your DCB in the oven before adding the chicken. Also, try adding some liquid, such as chicken broth or wine, to the bottom of the DCB to add even more flavor and moisture to your chicken.</p><h2>4. How can I get my hands on a DCB?</h2><p>The DCB is available for purchase through your local Pampered Chef consultant or on our website. You can also host a Pampered Chef party and earn the DCB for free or at a discounted price.</p><h2>5. How can I refer friends and family who love the 30 Minute Chicken and the DCB?</h2><p>We always appreciate referrals! You can refer your friends and family to your Pampered Chef consultant, share the recipe and cooking tips with them, or even host a party and introduce them to the DCB and other Pampered Chef products.</p>

1. What is the DCB and how does it help with creating quick and delicious chicken recipes?

The DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, from Pampered Chef is a versatile cooking tool that allows you to cook a variety of dishes in a fraction of the time compared to traditional methods. Its unique design traps in moisture and heat, resulting in juicy and flavorful chicken in just 30 minutes.

2. Can you share the recipe for the 30 Minute Chicken?

Absolutely! The 30 Minute Chicken recipe is a customer favorite and can be found on the Pampered Chef website. It's a simple and delicious dish that can be customized with different seasonings and sauces to suit your taste preferences.

3. Do you have any tips for using the DCB to cook chicken in just 30 minutes?

To ensure the best results, make sure to preheat your DCB in the oven before adding the chicken. Also, try adding some liquid, such as chicken broth or wine, to the bottom of the DCB to add even more flavor and moisture to your chicken.

4. How can I get my hands on a DCB?

The DCB is available for purchase through your local Pampered Chef consultant or on our website. You can also host a Pampered Chef party and earn the DCB for free or at a discounted price.

5. How can I refer friends and family who love the 30 Minute Chicken and the DCB?

We always appreciate referrals! You can refer your friends and family to your Pampered Chef consultant, share the recipe and cooking tips with them, or even host a party and introduce them to the DCB and other Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sklay723
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Kristin B
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci