• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Just Pick the Meal for Tomorrow's Show?

In summary, Lyzette is trying to reach out to the host of her show, but is having difficulty doing so. She is also considering making either the Tex-Mex Chicken and Rice Skillet from the 29 min to dinner cookbook or Quick Chicken Cacciatore from the Main dishes cookbook.
lterman
I have a show tomorrow, its an easy weeknight meal show. Ive been trying to get a hold of the host but no luck! We keep missing each other, she doesnt answer the phone and wont return my phone calls. Should I just pick the meal I'm going to make? She wants chicken. I was thinking either the Tex-Mex Chicken and Rice Skillet from the 29 min to dinner cookbook or Quick Chicken Cacciatore from the Main dishes cookbook.

I havent bought anything because she hasnt picked a meal. I've called friends who know her, no answer.

what does a PC consultant do!

What I have been doing with amazing success is the 30 minute chicken with garlic parmesan pullapart biscuits........I actually am now booking Jan, because it's almost all I have.......and alot of that I attribute to the 30 minute chicken!

this is going to sound dumb....but what are you doing with the chicken when its done? are you serving it on a S.A. piece, are you carving it down, or are you seeking someone "skilled" at carving to help you out?

melindag said:
this is going to sound dumb....but what are you doing with the chicken when its done? are you serving it on a S.A. piece, are you carving it down, or are you seeking someone "skilled" at carving to help you out?

I let it sit with the lid on for 5-10 minutes, then I use the meat lifters to lift it onto the large oval SA platter. I show everyone how pretty it looks, and I say:"I want you to see right now how beautiful this looks, because I am going to start hacking away at it and it's not going to be so pretty anymore!" I use the kitchen shears to cut off the legs, thighs, and wings, and then I cut off the breasts and slice them into smaller pieces.

Hi Lyzette!! We met on Thursday at Duska's party. I used some of her recruiting tips and have 2 new leads from my show last night!! I stole some of her lines, too and now have a $600 from last night and a $1,000 show this afternoon!! She's awesome!! I'm glad and appreciative that she allowed me to sit in on her show.

As to your post, are you sure she hasn't cancelled? I would definitely do something incredibly easy. Since you don't cook at your shows how about the Cool Veggie Pizza? That one is very simple. I haven't yet tried the Chicken in the microwave. I know Becky swears by it, but it still gives me the heebie jeebies!

Chef Kearns said:
Hi Lyzette!! We met on Thursday at Duska's party. I used some of her recruiting tips and have 2 new leads from my show last night!! I stole some of her lines, too and now have a $600 from last night and a $1,000 show this afternoon!! She's awesome!! I'm glad and appreciative that she allowed me to sit in on her show.

As to your post, are you sure she hasn't cancelled? I would definitely do something incredibly easy. Since you don't cook at your shows how about the Cool Veggie Pizza? That one is very simple. I haven't yet tried the Chicken in the microwave. I know Becky swears by it, but it still gives me the heebie jeebies!

What lines did you steal?!?!?

I third that - do share!

Yeah~I wanna get in on the stealing!!

cmdtrgd said:
What lines did you steal?!?!?

Simple stuff that we all know already. She said that it's about the order in which you do it that makes a difference as far as recruiting goes. At the beginning of the show ask the $500 question. "Could you use an extra $500 a month? OR. What would you do with an extra $500 a month?" Then at the end of the show play the pass the prize game. Set your timer and have them ask questions only about the business. We've all heard that before, right?! Do it!! And listen! She says that just playing the game without asking the question earlier doesn't mean anything to them. You haven't made them curious yet. Makes sense. Also, bring less stuff! Don't make your job look hard (that's what I was doing. I was bringing the whole friggn' catalog--just about).

On the sales...I focused only on the cookware, stoneware, and prep tools. I made a point of mentioning the family skillet. I painted the pictures, like she did, so they could envision themselves using this skillet. Her lines...you can brown 5 lbs of ground meat in here at one time. Once it's brown freeze it in quart size bags. Now it is ready to go for the rest of the week for sloppy joes, tacos, spaghetti, taco ring, whatever. [on the stoneware] She definitely uses the "All Day" pan when talking about the Bar Pan. She didn't bring it. She only brought the Sm Round Stone. Her lines...Starting with breakfast use this pan to make pancakes. Most of the time when you make pancakes you, the cook, are the last one to get any pancakes and you get the soggy floppy one on the bottom of the stack. Bake them in the bar pan on 350 for 18 minutes and everyone eats at once. Okay, you can make bacon on the bar pan. Put the whole pound of bacon spread out on the bar pan then bake it at 425 for 20-25 minutes. If you all don't eat all of the bacon crumble it up and freeze it for baked potatoes, chicken carbonara, or for your Prep bowl omelets in the morning. Lunch and dinner you can do grilled cheese and/or quesadillas on here. Baked chicken and baked fish then bake up your cookies for dessert. Every kitchen MUST have one of these pans! She also talked quite a bit about the Stoneware Fluted Pan.

It was amazing!! Lisette and I watched as she totaled up a $2100 show!! All of her guests had nothing but good things to say about her. One lady even said she turned down 3 other invitations to PC parties just so she could go to Duska's. And she wants to sign up.

The biggest thing that helped me was to show me what I was doing that was working. I heard her say alot of the same things that I say. It also gave me a chance to hear a fresh way to present some things. After the party we went to Las Palapas for chips and queso and just talked for 2 hours. She helped me see some of the ways I was sabotaging myself with recruiting.

I wrote down about 3 or 4 pages of notes and she just laughed at me. She was like, "what did you write". I wanted to have her Power Cooking outline. I wrote down everything she did and stuff she said that was different from what I was saying. She is very knowledgeable about the food she was using. That is very helpful to our customers.

Anyhoo...I hope this helps ya'll. Like I said, nothing earth shattering. Sometimes you just need a refresher. Ya know?!

Hey how's it going! Update here, she didn't cancel, we talked today. I dont have the DCB so i'm doing something different until I get one.

Man I wish I could have gone with you to Las Palapas! I should get a PC timer and do the "ask me a question" game. I do ask in the beginning "what could you do with an extra $500" but I must be doing something wrong.

I cant wait to go to another Duska show!

Lyzette

I'm glad your host didn't cancel. What a relief. What have you decided to make? When are you going to be shadowing her again? I would love to see all of her shows, but I'm really booked with my family and my own busy show schedule. Maybe I'll have another opportunity sometime soon.

Chef Kearns said:
Simple stuff that we all know already. She said that it's about the order in which you do it that makes a difference as far as recruiting goes. At the beginning of the show ask the $500 question. "Could you use an extra $500 a month? OR. What would you do with an extra $500 a month?" Then at the end of the show play the pass the prize game. Set your timer and have them ask questions only about the business. We've all heard that before, right?! Do it!! And listen! She says that just playing the game without asking the question earlier doesn't mean anything to them. You haven't made them curious yet. Makes sense. Also, bring less stuff! Don't make your job look hard (that's what I was doing. I was bringing the whole friggn' catalog--just about).

On the sales...I focused only on the cookware, stoneware, and prep tools. I made a point of mentioning the family skillet. I painted the pictures, like she did, so they could envision themselves using this skillet. Her lines...you can brown 5 lbs of ground meat in here at one time. Once it's brown freeze it in quart size bags. Now it is ready to go for the rest of the week for sloppy joes, tacos, spaghetti, taco ring, whatever. [on the stoneware] She definitely uses the "All Day" pan when talking about the Bar Pan. She didn't bring it. She only brought the Sm Round Stone. Her lines...Starting with breakfast use this pan to make pancakes. Most of the time when you make pancakes you, the cook, are the last one to get any pancakes and you get the soggy floppy one on the bottom of the stack. Bake them in the bar pan on 350 for 18 minutes and everyone eats at once. Okay, you can make bacon on the bar pan. Put the whole pound of bacon spread out on the bar pan then bake it at 425 for 20-25 minutes. If you all don't eat all of the bacon crumble it up and freeze it for baked potatoes, chicken carbonara, or for your Prep bowl omelets in the morning. Lunch and dinner you can do grilled cheese and/or quesadillas on here. Baked chicken and baked fish then bake up your cookies for dessert. Every kitchen MUST have one of these pans! She also talked quite a bit about the Stoneware Fluted Pan.

It was amazing!! Lisette and I watched as she totaled up a $2100 show!! All of her guests had nothing but good things to say about her. One lady even said she turned down 3 other invitations to PC parties just so she could go to Duska's. And she wants to sign up.

The biggest thing that helped me was to show me what I was doing that was working. I heard her say alot of the same things that I say. It also gave me a chance to hear a fresh way to present some things. After the party we went to Las Palapas for chips and queso and just talked for 2 hours. She helped me see some of the ways I was sabotaging myself with recruiting.

I wrote down about 3 or 4 pages of notes and she just laughed at me. She was like, "what did you write". I wanted to have her Power Cooking outline. I wrote down everything she did and stuff she said that was different from what I was saying. She is very knowledgeable about the food she was using. That is very helpful to our customers.

Anyhoo...I hope this helps ya'll. Like I said, nothing earth shattering. Sometimes you just need a refresher. Ya know?!

Thanks for sharing the tips! I would love to see your notes once you type them up if yo udon't mind!

dannyzmom said:
Thanks for sharing the tips! I would love to see your notes once you type them up if yo udon't mind!

ME TOO!!! :D

Chef Kearns said:
I'm glad your host didn't cancel. What a relief. What have you decided to make? When are you going to be shadowing her again? I would love to see all of her shows, but I'm really booked with my family and my own busy show schedule. Maybe I'll have another opportunity sometime soon.

She decided on the Quick Italian Caccitore. Pretty easy! I'm not sure when i'll be at another one of her shows. My problem is getting a babysitter since my DH is away at training. I train with her on Wednesdays so I think we're going to talk about that this coming Wednesday.

So lucky to be booked! I'm hoping I can get some more for November!

lyzette

1. Should I Just Pick the Meal?

Deciding on what to eat for a meal can be overwhelming, but with Pampered Chef, we make it easier! Here are some frequently asked questions about whether or not you should just pick your meal:

2. How do I know if I should just pick the meal?

One thing to consider is if you have a specific craving or dish in mind. If you do, then it might be best to just pick the meal so you can satisfy that craving. Also, if you have dietary restrictions or allergies, picking the meal can ensure that you are able to eat something that fits your needs.

3. What are the benefits of just picking the meal?

Choosing the meal yourself allows you to have more control over what you are eating. You can select ingredients that you know you will enjoy and cater to any dietary needs. Additionally, picking the meal can save time and effort as you won't have to search for recipes or come up with meal ideas.

4. Can I still use Pampered Chef products if I just pick the meal?

Absolutely! Our products are designed to make meal prep and cooking easier, regardless of whether you pick the meal or follow a specific recipe. You can use our kitchen tools and cookware to create your own dish or meal.

5. Is it more expensive to just pick the meal?

Not necessarily. While some pre-made meal kits may be more expensive, picking your own ingredients and using your own kitchen tools can actually be more cost-effective. Plus, you have the added benefit of knowing exactly what is going into your meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ivy5683
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
tlag1986
  • kdangel518
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • finley1991