• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Quick and Delicious Chicken Recipe in Just 30 Minutes?

In summary, a past host called to tell me that her friend just booked a show with the DCB and they are looking for more opportunities to use it. The DCB, 30 minute chicken, and referrals! have been very successful for her business.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
The DCB, 30 minute chicken, and referrals! Just got a call from a past host, who was making the chicken while a friend was over - and called me, because her friend just has to have the DCB - she booked a show for February!:D :D :D

That DCB, and the 30 Minute Chicken have been like GOLD for my business!

wow! Good for you! Congrats! I'm saving up for the DCB...cant wait to get it!:balloon:

You will love it! It has been the best thing EVER for my business - this is not the first random call I've had from someone wanting me to do a party and "do that roast chicken in the microwave."

If you could get together even a small catalog show, you could buy it at the host discount this month - it would be soooo worth it!

I know. It would be so easy if in the last four months I havent blown EVERY lead. I have a few parties this month and I'm hoping to get bookings for the future. Everyone I know, especially at work, is SICK of PC! (Except me!):angel:

The 10-minute pork tenderloin has done it for mine!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I think if we combined the DCB speed with the Power Cooking show recipes, we could have most working moms eating out of our hands!!!! Think I am going to try it out on some of my friends for a girls night!!

10 minute pork has worked for me. Personally, we don't like doing whole chickens in our house. So I have a hard time offering it. I talk about it though, for those who like doing them. Having a show in a couple weeks doing the pork because she loved it at the show she attended. Doing the chili for a couple shows this month. Anyone have a suggestion for using the DCB for brunch shows? I have two this month.

I want to do this but I have had a lot of negative feedback about microwaving meat. Any ideas on how to combat this? I'd love to try this show but I'm worried it will have the opposite effect because people seem very wary of eating meat that was cooked in the microwave.

I'm making the 20 min ribs tis coming Saturday - I'm hoping the DCB gives me the same luck!

Winnipegk said:
I want to do this but I have had a lot of negative feedback about microwaving meat. Any ideas on how to combat this? I'd love to try this show but I'm worried it will have the opposite effect because people seem very wary of eating meat that was cooked in the microwave.
I've never liked microwaving meat either, but I have had great results at home. Do it and they will see it really does turn out.

ChefBeckyD said:
The DCB, 30 minute chicken, and referrals! Just got a call from a past host, who was making the chicken while a friend was over - and called me, because her friend just has to have the DCB - she booked a show for February!:D :D :D

That DCB, and the 30 Minute Chicken have been like GOLD for my business!

Becky,

Have you ever gone into a home where the DCB would not fit in their microwave? This is why I have not jumped on this band wagon. How do you prevent this from happening?

THANK YOU!

Before you choose the recipe ask the host to measure the inside of the microwave.

JAE said:
Before you choose the recipe ask the host to measure the inside of the microwave.

I've done that. She thought it would NOT fit and when I got there (I had the DCB but we had picked a different recipe) ... it would have fit!

What are the measurements that you tell people they will need?

chefjeanine said:
I've done that. She thought it would NOT fit and when I got there (I had the DCB but we had picked a different recipe) ... it would have fit!

This sounds so crazy, but I always ask if a full size baby bottle would fit. So unscientific, but usually if it is tall enough for that it is also wide enough.

uh oh
JAE said:

Man - thanks for the reminder! Would have been a big oops if I'd shown up this coming Sat and it didn't fit!! :eek:

Does anyone know what size the micro needs to be? I know I saw it somewhere, but I can't remember. I think it was 13 something.

Thanks!

amy07 said:
This sounds so crazy, but I always ask if a full size baby bottle would fit. So unscientific, but usually if it is tall enough for that it is also wide enough.

Oh my gosh - I'm about to pee my pants I'm laughing so hard!! :cry:

Last edited:
The measurements are on CC, with the 30 minute chicken materials.

Thanks, Ann, that's what I was going to say, except for the part about where you could find it.

To accommodate the baker, the interior dimensions of the microwave need to be at least 13 inches wide, 13
inches deep and 7 inches high. Ask hosts to measure the inside of their microwaves for you.

If they've got a microhood (a microwave with over-the-stove fan built in), then it'll almost definitely be large enough.

chefjeanine said:

If the DCB will fit, but won't turn (or if there isn't a turntable) then I just turn it every 10 minutes. That has worked just fine.

The only time I have had it absolutely not fit was when I did a show at a Condo Association Clubhouse - smallest microwave I have ever seen! The host took the chicken to her condo (right across the parking lot) and put it in the microwave, and then went 30 minutes later to take it out.

Winnipegk said:

I meet it head on! When I talk about it, I say "I see the expression on your faces, and I totally understand! That is exactly how I felt when I first heard about it, and I completely resisted the idea of cooking a chicken in the microwave. I'm a food snob, and I said there was NO WAY I was going to cook chicken in the microwave! but one day, at Meijers, I found a whole chicken marked down to 49 cents a lb. I figured that now would be a good time to try it, since I could ruin a chicken for only $2 bucks!" And then I describe my first time making a chicken in the microwave, and I tell them that although they are skeptical now, I guarantee that in 30 minutes they will be sold on it, just like me!

JAE said:
10 minute pork has worked for me. Personally, we don't like doing whole chickens in our house. So I have a hard time offering it. I talk about it though, for those who like doing them. Having a show in a couple weeks doing the pork because she loved it at the show she attended. Doing the chili for a couple shows this month. Anyone have a suggestion for using the DCB for brunch shows? I have two this month.
We don't eat much pork - hardly ever in fact. I have offered the pork for shows, but no one has ever wanted it - they always say "I want that chicken you made at So&So's Show"I've done the chicken at numerous brunch shows - by the time we eat it's noon anyway!

ChefBeckyD said:
If the DCB will fit, but won't turn (or if there isn't a turntable) then I just turn it every 10 minutes. That has worked just fine.
The only time I have had it absolutely not fit was when I did a show at a Condo Association Clubhouse - smallest microwave I have ever seen! The host took the chicken to her condo (right across the parking lot) and put it in the microwave, and then went 30 minutes later to take it out.

My microwave is ancient and is big enough to fit the DCB ,but doesn't turn. I dont' turn it either. I think that with the lid on, the steam is cooking everything evenly anyways. My meats and casseroles turn out perfect!!! I think the trick is to leave it in the micro after its done cooking to let the juices seep back into the meats and finish cooking. I LOVE MY DCB!! :love:

My sister ate a porkloin that I did in the micro but I didnt tell her because she never would hae tried it. After she told me how good and tender it was, I then told her. She bought 2 then and another for a Christmas gift a month later.... :D

ChefBeckyD said:
We don't eat much pork - hardly ever in fact. I have offered the pork for shows, but no one has ever wanted it - they always say "I want that chicken you made at So&So's Show"I've done the chicken at numerous brunch shows - by the time we eat it's noon anyway!
I'm not really a pork eater, but my family has no qualms about it. I did buy a turkey tenderloin once and it turned out great. When I offer both, people choose the pork. They can probably tell I'm more sold on making the pork, even though I don't say anything about hating to cut up and clean up a chicken.

The 10 Min Pork has been awesome for me too! I LOVE the DCB!!!!!! It's been great for sales and bookings!

I don't have the DCB but have been thinking about getting it to do this at my shows! I know from first hand that my old microwave wasn't big enough though, it wouldn't even fit the fluted pan. Now that we have a new one, I should purchase this!

Just as an FYI, there was someone in the message boards selling 2 DCB and they were $15 each. One was hunter green and one was the classic stoneware. I'm assuming they were d/c'ed. They were also NIB. Please PM me if you want the info.

Tropicalburstqt2 said:
Just as an FYI, there was someone in the message boards selling 2 DCB and they were $15 each. One was hunter green and one was the classic stoneware. I'm assuming they were d/c'ed. They were also NIB. Please PM me if you want the info.

The deep covered baker comes only in cranberry. I think what you are referring to is probably the deep dish baker.;)

These couldn't be DCB's. They were never anthing but cranberry. Maybe DDB?

Posted the same time as you, Becky. Shouldn't you be in bed? :)

we had to go to a neighbors a few times----Its more fun that way---

Maybe I read it wrong. Sorry. I knew it was too good to be true.

JAE said:
Posted the same time as you, Becky. Shouldn't you be in bed? :)

took a nap this afternoon....and I want to see the end of Cold Case!

Naps are so nice, but I'd be up 'til 2 or 3 in the morning if I napped.

Becky,

How do you serve the chicken to guests? Just chunk it up?

So what if I have an issue with touching raw chicken or cleaning one??? I always use gloves to do chicken breasts at home but one time we cooked one in the oven and it just seemed so gross to clean the inside and out that I've never touched one since! How do I get over this?

dianevill said:
Becky,

How do you serve the chicken to guests? Just chunk it up?

Yep!:) I always show it to them, after it's done, and then say "Now, take a good look because it looks really pretty right now - but I really stink at carving, so it's not going to be so pretty in just a moment." I then use the scissors to cut off the legs and thighs, and cut the breast in two, and then just pull it apart in chunks. Oh - I do sell quite a few pairs of scissors when they see me cut through chicken bones with it, though!

Do you do another recipe with it as well, or just the chicken?

I'd like to do this, but it just doesn't seem like enough to go around. I've been doing the pork tenderloin and making the bbq sauce, serving it on small rolls.

wadesgirl said:
So what if I have an issue with touching raw chicken or cleaning one??? I always use gloves to do chicken breasts at home but one time we cooked one in the oven and it just seemed so gross to clean the inside and out that I've never touched one since! How do I get over this?

I've heard others say that - and I really can't tell you how to get over it. I grew up on a farm, and we used to butcher and can chicken every year....so there really isn't anything in the kitchen that I have an aversion to doing.

Maybe practice?

dianevill said:
Do you do another recipe with it as well, or just the chicken?

I'd like to do this, but it just doesn't seem like enough to go around. I've been doing the pork tenderloin and making the bbq sauce, serving it on small rolls.

I serve it with the garlic parmesan biscuit bites. It's not a huge amount for everyone, but it seems to be plenty. When I had a couple really large shows, we did a chicken fajita bar.

Oooooh, I like the idea of the fajita bar! You know I'm not going to let you slide without giving me the details...Give 'em up!

dianevill said:
Oooooh, I like the idea of the fajita bar! You know I'm not going to let you slide without giving me the details...Give 'em up!

Instead of a whole chicken, I do 3-4 chicken breasts. I slice up green and red pepper and a large onion (I use the apple wedger) and put it in the bottom of the DCB, sprinkle w/ some Southwestern Seasoning. Top w/ the chicken, and more SW Seasoning. Put the lid on, and put in microwave for 12-15 minutes. I fill the mini baker w/ 6 inch tortillas, cover it with foil and put it in the oven to warm (at 250 degrees)

While the chicken is in the microwave, I pass around a bowl w/ the salsa ingredients and salad chopper and have guests make salsa, show them how to work w/ an avocado, and have someone mix up the guacamole with the mix n masher. I have cheese already in a small SA bowl, and then put the salsa & guac in bowls, and put them in the rectangle woven - when the chicken is done, I shred it, and push the veggies to one side of the DCB, and put the chicken back in on the other side. I set the DCB, and the mini baker, on the large round woven piece and set it next to the condiments, and let people help themselves. Then I talk about all of the possiblities of the DCB - because they just saw me do a Fajita meal in less than 20 minutes....and there are so many other recipes that can also be done in it in 30 minutes or less.

Shredding chicken is something I haven't done - what's the easy way?

Microwave too small: I was doing the turkey chili recipe at a house that had too small a microwave for the DCB and no options to go anywhere else. I just used the saute pan to cook the ground turkey and vegies and put everything in the DCB in the oven for 30 minutes. It worked great.

people seem very wary of eating meat that was cooked in the microwave

That's why the thermometer comes in handy!

Beth, it's been a while since I shredded chicken, but I do remember that the Hold 'n' Slice was great for it! Hold the chicken in place with one, and use a second one to pull the meat apart into fibers.

ChefBeckyD said:
Instead of a whole chicken, I do 3-4 chicken breasts. I slice up green and red pepper and a large onion (I use the apple wedger) and put it in the bottom of the DCB, sprinkle w/ some Southwestern Seasoning. Top w/ the chicken, and more SW Seasoning. Put the lid on, and put in microwave for 12-15 minutes. I fill the mini baker w/ 6 inch tortillas, cover it with foil and put it in the oven to warm (at 250 degrees)

While the chicken is in the microwave, I pass around a bowl w/ the salsa ingredients and salad chopper and have guests make salsa, show them how to work w/ an avocado, and have someone mix up the guacamole with the mix n masher. I have cheese already in a small SA bowl, and then put the salsa & guac in bowls, and put them in the rectangle woven - when the chicken is done, I shred it, and push the veggies to one side of the DCB, and put the chicken back in on the other side. I set the DCB, and the mini baker, on the large round woven piece and set it next to the condiments, and let people help themselves. Then I talk about all of the possiblities of the DCB - because they just saw me do a Fajita meal in less than 20 minutes....and there are so many other recipes that can also be done in it in 30 minutes or less.

Becky,

Thank you so much for taking the time to type this up. I am soooo going to do this!

I appreciate it!

ChefBeckyD said:

WOW! That sounds absolutely wonderful! Thanks so much!:chef:

ChefBeckyD said:

um, that sounds yummy. I will be testing this on my family after Leadership and pumping it up at my shows. Thanks Becky!!:thumbup: :thumbup:

ChefBeckyD said:
Yep!:) I always show it to them, after it's done, and then say "Now, take a good look because it looks really pretty right now - but I really stink at carving, so it's not going to be so pretty in just a moment." I then use the scissors to cut off the legs and thighs, and cut the breast in two, and then just pull it apart in chunks. Oh - I do sell quite a few pairs of scissors when they see me cut through chicken bones with it, though!
Now that is a good little recruiting line, now they know they don't have to know how to carve a chicken! And if you have someone who can do a good job at it, SIGN 'EM!!:D

Thanks for posting your fajita recipe Becky, it sounds delicious! I am absolutely going to start doing this one.

What other recipes do you have? If you have them in a word doc, please post them for us. You are the DC Queen!

<h2>1. What is the DCB and how does it help with creating quick and delicious chicken recipes?</h2><p>The DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, from Pampered Chef is a versatile cooking tool that allows you to cook a variety of dishes in a fraction of the time compared to traditional methods. Its unique design traps in moisture and heat, resulting in juicy and flavorful chicken in just 30 minutes.</p><h2>2. Can you share the recipe for the 30 Minute Chicken?</h2><p>Absolutely! The 30 Minute Chicken recipe is a customer favorite and can be found on the Pampered Chef website. It's a simple and delicious dish that can be customized with different seasonings and sauces to suit your taste preferences.</p><h2>3. Do you have any tips for using the DCB to cook chicken in just 30 minutes?</h2><p>To ensure the best results, make sure to preheat your DCB in the oven before adding the chicken. Also, try adding some liquid, such as chicken broth or wine, to the bottom of the DCB to add even more flavor and moisture to your chicken.</p><h2>4. How can I get my hands on a DCB?</h2><p>The DCB is available for purchase through your local Pampered Chef consultant or on our website. You can also host a Pampered Chef party and earn the DCB for free or at a discounted price.</p><h2>5. How can I refer friends and family who love the 30 Minute Chicken and the DCB?</h2><p>We always appreciate referrals! You can refer your friends and family to your Pampered Chef consultant, share the recipe and cooking tips with them, or even host a party and introduce them to the DCB and other Pampered Chef products.</p>

1. What is the DCB and how does it help with creating quick and delicious chicken recipes?

The DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, from Pampered Chef is a versatile cooking tool that allows you to cook a variety of dishes in a fraction of the time compared to traditional methods. Its unique design traps in moisture and heat, resulting in juicy and flavorful chicken in just 30 minutes.

2. Can you share the recipe for the 30 Minute Chicken?

Absolutely! The 30 Minute Chicken recipe is a customer favorite and can be found on the Pampered Chef website. It's a simple and delicious dish that can be customized with different seasonings and sauces to suit your taste preferences.

3. Do you have any tips for using the DCB to cook chicken in just 30 minutes?

To ensure the best results, make sure to preheat your DCB in the oven before adding the chicken. Also, try adding some liquid, such as chicken broth or wine, to the bottom of the DCB to add even more flavor and moisture to your chicken.

4. How can I get my hands on a DCB?

The DCB is available for purchase through your local Pampered Chef consultant or on our website. You can also host a Pampered Chef party and earn the DCB for free or at a discounted price.

5. How can I refer friends and family who love the 30 Minute Chicken and the DCB?

We always appreciate referrals! You can refer your friends and family to your Pampered Chef consultant, share the recipe and cooking tips with them, or even host a party and introduce them to the DCB and other Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sklay723
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Kristin B
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci