• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Show Tonight: A Hilarious Story of Mistakes and Consultants!

In summary, Colleen made a mistake while baking her show cake and it caused the audience to think the show was cancelled. However, her sales were still good because she had a consultant with her.
finley1991
I had a consultant come with me to my show tonight. I am still laughing an hour later about this show and the mistakes I made!!!!

On the way there, I realize that I don't know how long the ring bakes for... I haven't made one in years! I put all of my show recipes on my website so I call my sister so she can check it and tell me the baking time. She doesn't answer so I hang up and call the consultant coming with me for the answer. Got the answer so all is good.

Start the demo and am explaining about how conscientious PC is about our products and if something doesn't work, we redesign it and am explaining about how our Rotary Grater won't gunk up like the old one... and guess what? All of the cheese gunked up in it!

Then my cell phone starts ringing... sister calling back thinking I'm stranded somewhere since I called her from my mobile. Nice.

Put the ring in the oven and set the oven timer. Finish the microwave cake (see note at bottom -- GREAT DEMO!). Turn out the cake and spill frosting all over my tablecloth but don't realize that it's oozing over the side so I hold up the plate to "show" the crowd and ooze more frosting all over her floor. And then I stepped in it. Thank goodness it was a hardwood floor but every time I took a step you could hear the sticky sound on the bottom of my boot.

The oven timer goes off and the host says, "It doesn't look done." I ask her "How not done?" And she says it's raw. I turned off the oven when I set the timer.

So we had a 20 minute lull where they enjoyed cake and appetizers. It must have all been because I had a consultant with me. I normally make the common mistakes but this one was for the books!

Just wanted to share!

Here's the info on the cake... got it from either here (and if I did I wish I knew who to give credit to because it ROCKED!) or another loop:
German Cake (mixed as box directs)
German Cake tub of frosting (pecan & coconut one)
Spread entire tub of frosting over the bottom of the Fluted Pan. Pour batter on top. Micro 14 minutes. Let rest 5-10 minutes. Turn out. I think the reason it works (and it was gorgeous) is because with the coconut in the frosting it doesn't boil. TRY IT!!!!!!!

Colleen, I'm sure you did a great job! How good were your sales and did you get any bookings?

I did a show in September where I couldn't do anything right! I had the ladies remember "She's pampered, not perfect". So every time I screwed up they all said together, "but she's pampered, not perfect". We had a great time! And that was one party that I BOOKED THEM ALL!

I think it still counts even though there were only 2 women there! They did both book and the host re-booked, too.:party:

Sales are at $450 which I am happy about and I got 2 dated shows for January! Wahoo!!!

That is funny Colleen! It'll be a good story to tell at other shows. Sounds like a great show anyway.:)

For my show last night, I offered to get the ingredients and have the host pay me back. I totally had Microwave White Chicken Chili on the brain and even though we had emailed back and forth and she picked the Chicken Enchilada Casserole, i totally forgot!! So I announced what we're making and she said "I thought it was the Chicken Enchilada Casserole." Oops. Luckily everyone loved it and it wasn't a big deal. I felt pretty dumb, though.:eek:

Isn't it nice to know we aren't alone in these goofy messed up shows. I know I do it all the time. I especially like it when I have a new consultant come with me and forget some of the products that I need.

I did the turn off the oven thing at one of my first shows... couldn't totally salvage the dish. It was a berry tart thing and all unfolded while it sat in the warm oven. So I just served it without showing the final product.

What is "My Show Tonight: A Hilarious Story of Mistakes and Consultants!"?

"My Show Tonight: A Hilarious Story of Mistakes and Consultants!" is a comedic play about the mishaps and challenges faced by consultants at a Pampered Chef party.

Who is the target audience for this play?

The target audience for this play is anyone who enjoys comedy and can relate to the world of direct sales and home parties.

Where can I see "My Show Tonight: A Hilarious Story of Mistakes and Consultants!"?

The play is currently on tour and may be coming to a theater near you. Check with your local theater or Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

Is this play appropriate for all ages?

This play is recommended for ages 13 and up, as it contains some mature language and themes.

Are there any discounts available for Pampered Chef consultants?

Yes, there may be discounts available for Pampered Chef consultants. Please check with your consultant or the theater for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• quiverfull7
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • aguimond
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Amanda c
  • kristina16marie