• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Mistakes & Making Memories: My Cooking Show Story!

In summary, the stove timer didn't go off so the host had to keep an eye on it and it ended up being a successful show.
amy07
I have my very first cooking show tomorrow, and I am so nervous and excited. So, I was planning on bringing the spicy shrimp ceviche cups to help introduce the new season to get bookings for next month...........
However, being the scatterbrain that I can be sometimes (comes from my kids!), I forgot to set the timer on my oven and burnt the darn cups! My husband and I were laughing hysterically! I called my recruiter who said I should tell it at my show tomorrow as a recruiting tool that you don't have to be a perfect cook to do this!:p
Wish me luck.....

amy07 said:
I have my very first cooking show tomorrow, and I am so nervous and excited. So, I was planning on bringing the spicy shrimp ceviche cups to help introduce the new season to get bookings for next month...........
However, being the scatterbrain that I can be sometimes (comes from my kids!), I forgot to set the timer on my oven and burnt the darn cups! My husband and I were laughing hysterically! I called my recruiter who said I should tell it at my show tomorrow as a recruiting tool that you don't have to be a perfect cook to do this!:p
Wish me luck.....

Thank goodness you burnt them at home! LOL:eek:

You should really stick to something easy to make for you first couple of shows(same recipe).:)

FYI: get the clock/timer that pampered chef sells. I bring it to my shows and set the timer. Sometimes the host is busy to check on the food.

letscook04 said:
FYI: get the clock/timer that pampered chef sells. I bring it to my shows and set the timer. Sometimes the host is busy to check on the food.

I don't know what I would do without my PC timer! I use it all of the time. If I am not using it in the kitchen I am using it to time my laundry (not fun sharing a washing machine and dryer in a complex).

On one of the posts I read someone was asking what they should buy that is not in their kits and I think I will reread that post and suggest this product.

At least it happened at home.:(

amy07 said:
Wish me luck.....

Yes, you should definitely share that story! I can tell you'll be successful...you have a great sense of humor about things!!

lol. oh my! that sounds like something I would do!!! :D I would totally share the story. I am sure PLENTY of people can relate to you! I kmnow when I am backing I have burnt some cupcakes forgetting about them. :rolleyes:

I can't remember a recipe that I didn't burn/undercook/leave out ingredients... I am pampered, not perfect!

Isn't that great that we can feel that it is just a learning thing and not get bent out of shape!

Well, I did it! I did my very first cooking show today and made the 3 cheese garden pizza, and believe it or not the darn timer did not go off again. Now, I had already shared my story about the night before, and even told/asked the guests to help keep an eye on the timer..........great selling point for the stoneware when the pizza was still edible. AND the guests raved about how delicious it was......
As for the show, only 5 of the anticipated 14 guests showed up, but I got 2 bookings, so yeah I'll call it a success!

amy07 said:
Well, I did it! I did my very first cooking show today and made the 3 cheese garden pizza, and believe it or not the darn timer did not go off again. Now, I had already shared my story about the night before, and even told/asked the guests to help keep an eye on the timer..........great selling point for the stoneware when the pizza was still edible. AND the guests raved about how delicious it was......
As for the show, only 5 of the anticipated 14 guests showed up, but I got 2 bookings, so yeah I'll call it a success!

Great Job!! :) Are you using the Pampered Chef timer? If so, maybe you need to return it!! Lol:D

letscook04 said:
Great Job!! :) Are you using the Pampered Chef timer? If so, maybe you need to return it!! Lol:D

no, but I guess I'll be getting one soon!:)

amy07 said:
no, but I guess I'll be getting one soon!:)

It helps to have it!! Worth the money!!

letscook04 said:
It helps to have it!! Worth the money!!

I totally agree!:)

Related to Making Mistakes & Making Memories: My Cooking Show Story!

What inspired you to write "Making Mistakes & Making Memories: My Cooking Show Story!"?

I have always been passionate about cooking and entertaining, and my time working with Pampered Chef allowed me to combine those two passions. I wanted to share my experiences and show others that even the best cooks make mistakes, but those mistakes can turn into cherished memories.

What is your favorite memory from your time as a Pampered Chef consultant?

There are so many wonderful memories to choose from, but one that stands out is a cooking show I hosted for a group of busy moms. We had a blast trying new recipes and laughing at our mistakes. It was a reminder that cooking and entertaining should be enjoyable, not stressful.

How do you handle making mistakes during a cooking show?

I always try to have a positive attitude and remember that mistakes happen to everyone. I use them as an opportunity to engage with my audience and show them that it's okay to make mistakes. I also have backup plans and pre-planned solutions for common mistakes that may occur.

What advice do you have for new Pampered Chef consultants about making mistakes during a cooking show?

First and foremost, don't be afraid to make mistakes! It's a natural part of the learning process and can even make your cooking show more fun and relatable. Be prepared with backup plans and remember that your audience is there to have a good time, not judge your cooking skills.

What do you hope readers will take away from "Making Mistakes & Making Memories: My Cooking Show Story!"?

I hope readers will learn to embrace their mistakes and not let them discourage or define them. I also hope they will be inspired to create their own memories in the kitchen and see the value in cooking and entertaining for loved ones.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chellb1234
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
islandgurlchef
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefann
  • pamperedpals