• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Never Assume - Ask Everyone! Grandma Esther's Story

In summary, the speaker had a successful show with three bookings and a good recruit lead. Despite initial concerns about the elderly attendees, they ended up loving the demonstrations and one even booked a show for July. This serves as a reminder to never assume and ask everyone, as the elderly can be an untapped market. The speaker also shared a story about a similar experience with a wheelchair-bound attendee who ended up booking a catalog show. The moral of the story is to not pre-judge anyone and always ask everyone about hosting.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I had a really fun show last night......got 3 bookings and really good recruit lead. But I have a fun story about my favorite booking of the evening!

The show was to start at 7 - Promptly at 6:50, several VERY elderly ladies showed up - now this show was with a past host, and she had never had the LOL's (Little Old Ladies) there before....but one was her grandma and she had brought some friends with her.
At 7, it was still just me and the LOL's......so I'm thinking bookings bust for the evening.....but then others started trickling in, and we started the show at about 7:20.
So, I'm also thinking that the LOL's aren't going to like the demo - I did the Salsa w/ salad choppers, along with Southwest 7 layer Salad....and the host and I had done Cool & Creamy Choc. Fondue w/ strawberries before the show.
I passed around the Salsa - and actually had everyone help make that while I continued with the show.....and those LOL's LOVED the Salad Chopper!

At the close of the show, I seriously had to talk myself into asking everyone if they wanted to book - because in my mind - none of those LOL's were potential hosts....well, you can probably sense where this story is going!

I asked the host's 90 YEAR OLD GRANDMA and she booked a show for July - because she wants the SALAD CHOPPERS!:D :D :D
I'm thinking it will be a pretty good show - it's a large family - and who says NO to Grandma? Plus she is inviting everyone in her Condo Association - which is a VERY nice, new place! And she is planning on hosting it in their Clubhouse! As we were totaling up her order, I asked her what she would like to have me call her, since during introductions, she had introduced herself as "Just Grandma".....she told me to just call her Grandma.....so now, to me, she is Grandma Esther!:D

And the moral of this story is: NEVER ASSUME - ASK EVERYONE!

Cool! Love those LOLs.

I had a $1000+ show with a LOL in March. :) They are always prompt, aren't they?

Have fun!

That's so awesome and a true testament as to why we should ASK EVERYONE!!!

I'll tell you that in marketing the seniors are truly and untapped market because people count them out. I am so glad you didn't! And, glad that you have a new Grandma! I have one lady I see at my shows that I know her only as "Aunt Marie". LOL

Becky thanks for sharing that! I will have to definitely keep that in mind! Man, what a blessing! I'm sure her show will turn out great - let us know!

I had a host's grandmother book a catalog show that turned out to be $500+ and yet another reminder to me not to pre-judge anyone!

I had a similar situation with one of my shows last month. Three ladies in wheelchairs came to the party. One was in an electric chair and as I was passing by her, the loop in my apron caught her joy stick and the chair lunged forward. Luckily there was a recliner in the way which stopped her. I almost fell on the floor. She had the ride of her life. After the show as I was asking everyone about hosting, she said she'd like to do a catalog show because she had a lot of friends. She also told me that she used to sell Tupperware. Don't know if that was in her "before" life, but it was cool that she wanted to do more. The other two ladies also ordered products that they could use in their microwave and all three ordered the Mix N Chop as they felt it would help them. Like you said, don't prejudge anyone and ask everyone.

That's great! I hope she does book her clubhouse - you'll have more room, and she can invite more people! :)

1. What is "Never Assume - Ask Everyone! Grandma Esther's Story" about?

"Never Assume - Ask Everyone! Grandma Esther's Story" is a heartwarming and inspiring book that tells the story of Grandma Esther, who teaches her granddaughter the importance of never making assumptions and always asking questions. Through her own experiences and lessons, Grandma Esther shows how assuming can lead to misunderstandings and hurt feelings, and encourages readers to always seek clarity and understanding.

2. Who is the intended audience for this book?

This book is suitable for readers of all ages, but it is especially relevant for young children and their families. The lessons taught in the book are important for everyone to learn and can be applied in various aspects of life, making it a valuable read for all.

3. Is this book available in different formats?

Yes, "Never Assume - Ask Everyone! Grandma Esther's Story" is available in both paperback and e-book formats. The paperback version can be purchased online or through a Pampered Chef consultant, while the e-book version can be downloaded from various e-book retailers.

4. Can I use this book as a teaching tool for my children?

Absolutely! This book is not only a great bedtime story, but it also serves as a valuable teaching tool for parents and educators alike. The lessons in the book can spark important conversations about communication, empathy, and understanding with children, making it a perfect addition to any family or classroom library.

5. Does this book have any ties to Pampered Chef products?

No, "Never Assume - Ask Everyone! Grandma Esther's Story" is a stand-alone book and does not have any direct ties to Pampered Chef products. However, the message of clear communication and understanding aligns with the company's values and mission to bring people together through food and cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • Dawn4