• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

in theWords of Belinda Ellsworth....

In summary, despite having a negative attitude and low expectations going into a show with a difficult host, the consultant was able to make $300 in sales and secure bookings for the summer and fall. Through prayer and determination, she was able to turn the show around and even gained new customers who were impressed with her products. This serves as a reminder to not judge a crowd or a host based on initial impressions and to always keep a positive attitude.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
"Tonights the night I'm bookin' 'em all!"

(long post alert!)

Wow! I went into last nights show with a not so great attitude - the host had rescheduled twice.....she insisted on doing the invites herself (and only used 7), and the day of the show said to me "Could be 2 here, Could be 10 - but my family will eat whatever you make".

We had 4 guests at the show, one was her mom, and one was the past host.....left the show at $300 in sales with (she promises) outside orders still to come, and bookings for June, July, August, and Oct.! AND the booking for June already stating that she is going to re-book from her show for August, so she can get 4 knives at 60% off!

I almost wrote off this host - because she really annoyed me (just being honest) from the first time I met her - at the show where I met her, all through the show, I just kept thinking "anyone but her - I'll book anyone but her" - but guess who was the first in line to book after the show??? She is an ex-Body Shop Consultant, and she refused to be properly host-coached....the only reason I went through with the show was because she only lives 2 blocks from me, and I thought "oh well, at least I won't be losing as much time or gas money to do the show".

AS I am setting up my demo area, I spent some serious time just praying that God would change my attitude - because at that point it really sucked and I just kept thinking "I'm missing Dancing w/ The Stars for nothing!" God is good, and I pulled up my big girl panties :)D ) and did the show!

I demoed the Salsa recipe, and made Guacamole, and then made the Cool & Creamy Chocolate Fondue with strawberries and baked cinnamon chips(chips I made at home) The whole demo took less than 20 minutes and shows a TON of products - including ALL of the Summer Host specials! (Chillzanne I use for the Choc Fondue w/ the chips and berries around it) I passed around the salad chopper with the salsa and let everyone try it. They were all so into everything I was showing them - the host spent most of the evening just running interference and organizing their bookings to make sure she had one for each month of the summer! :D :D :D

One of the guests who booked said she had a consultant she has used in the past, but that the consultant showed the exact same products at every single show she had ever been to, and she really wanted to have me do a show to show her friends all of the new stuff because they had never seen any of it! I had a momentary twinge if guilt, like I was poaching - but really I don't think that's the case - she came to me to book! In fact, every one of them came to me at check-out wanting to book! I didn't have to ask anyone!

Soooo, I learned alot of valuable lessons last night, and wanted to post this as encouragement to all of you (us) who have had some sucky shows this month - you just never know what will happen with a show - so don't give up! I have had a LOT of shows that, going into them, I had high hopes that never materialized, and then I have a show like this - where my biggest goal going into the evening was to just get in, get it done, and get home - and WOW! I booked them all!:D

Becky, what a great night! Congrats and thanks for sharing!

WOO HOO!!

Great job! Ahhh... the power of prayer! We can do anything if we have the right focus!

Great job! This is exactly why I try not to pre-judge a crowd.

Great job Becky! Prayer does work!

Ann R.

Way to go, Becky! That's awesome!

Funny how we tell the hostesses to not pre judge anyone because they think they don't have money or don't cook during the invitation process. And then we do the same thing to them as hostesses! Good lesson! The hostess all come into this with different motivations. While this show may not have been a home run... it will be the turtle that wins the race with all of the continued growth for your business!

I hope my flop this weekend turns into this with outside orders!

Prayer does have amazing results!! I am glad God blessed you!!! This is a good lesson for us all.

These things are important to share to keep our tudes in check!

Thanks for sharing!

Sounds like it all turned out in the end!! Good for you!

wow! What a great turnaround!

Prayer works!!! I am firm believer and you are doing everything you need to for the next 90 (plus) days... congrats.

ChltNCRenee said:
Prayer works!!! I am firm believer and you are doing everything you need to for the next 90 (plus) days... congrats.

Renee - your quote in your signature is one of my very favorites! In fact, I keep the entire quote right above my desk so I can refer to it!

Wow! That is so awesome! Good for you!

Related to in theWords of Belinda Ellsworth....

What does "in the words of Belinda Ellsworth" mean?

"In the words of Belinda Ellsworth" is a phrase commonly used by Pampered Chef consultants to introduce a quote or piece of advice from the company's founder and CEO, Belinda Ellsworth. It emphasizes the importance and credibility of her words within the Pampered Chef community.

Who is Belinda Ellsworth?

Belinda Ellsworth is the founder and CEO of Pampered Chef, a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools and cooking products. She started the company in 1980 and has since grown it into a successful global business with over 50,000 consultants.

What kind of advice does Belinda Ellsworth offer?

Belinda Ellsworth offers a wide range of advice related to direct sales, leadership, and entrepreneurship. She is known for her motivational and inspirational speeches, as well as practical tips and strategies for success in the direct sales industry.

Why is Belinda Ellsworth's advice important for Pampered Chef consultants?

Belinda Ellsworth's advice is important for Pampered Chef consultants because she is the founder and CEO of the company and has a wealth of knowledge and experience in the direct sales industry. Her advice is tailored specifically for Pampered Chef consultants and has been proven to be effective in achieving success in the business.

How can I access Belinda Ellsworth's advice?

Belinda Ellsworth's advice can be accessed through various channels, including Pampered Chef's official website, social media pages, and training events. Consultants can also purchase her books and other resources for more in-depth guidance and inspiration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissa3026
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • ChefBeckyD