• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cheryl's Story of Determination: Overcoming Challenges to Reach Success

In summary, Meg is struggling to repromote her business and Kris is giving her advice on how to get back into the groove.
pamela
I figured if Cheryl could do it, so could I!!!

• Dad is out of the hospital and is eating like a PIG! He got down to 105 pounds:eek: and is trying very hard to gain some back. He goes for a PET scan on Oct 8th and that will tell us where the lymphoma stands

• I am really struggling with trying to repromote~I just don't seem to have the drive to pick up that damn phone. I made a pros/cons list and the pros side was longer but the cons side was more about my feelings about Directorship. It seems that the whole almost 4 years I have been in this position, I have struggled and worried and I am just SO tired of that.

• I am not giving up hope though...I have through November and my strategy is to work my business like I did in the beginning~with enthusiasm! I LOVED doing my shows then and have let go of that aspect to concentrate on all of the things I am "supposed" to do...I have 2 shows coming up this weekend and plan to just go have fun! If I can get myself back to that mindset, I feel everything else will fall into place.

You all have been a great support to me and I L:love0010:VE our Director calls and can't wait to hear the Coaching to $1,000 call with Kris! Thanks for being here for me (as if you had a choice, right?;))

We all have choices!

I'm glad to hear your dad is doing well! I'll still keep him and you in my prayers.

I think you're handling your business in a healthy way. Have fun! When it's not fun, is it worth it? I so hope you get directorship back but if it's not to be at this time you'll get through it and it'll be there when you are ready.

Keep smiling! :sun:

Good for you Meg!
You hit the nail on your head, with everything that goes on in our lives we need to forget about "supposed to" and focus on our why!

Koolotus said:
Good for you Meg!
You hit the nail on your head, with everything that goes on in our lives we need to forget about "supposed to" and focus on our why!

Thanks for updating us Meg!!!!

I'm not sure what book it's in but it's a Jack Canfield one... it might be in the Aladdin Factor. In any case, he has you do this exercise where he asks you to write done 5 things we "have to do"... like exercise, get out of debt, work more, etc. And then write down five feelings he have that go with those "have to's" like dread, fear, uncertainty, etc.

Then he has you write the same list again as a "Choose To" list. I choose to exercise, I choose to get out of debt, etc. Then write those feelings. Totally different answers!

After reading that, when I don't feel like working my biz, I say, "I'm CHOOSING to make my business better" instead of "I have to... I have to... I have to..." Works for me!

Hang in there, Meg!

You can do it Meg! Don't beat yourself up though.

Hang in there meg!!

Meg,
Give up all the 'supposed to's' and focus on the enjoyment aspect of this business. If you get back into that grove, the 'supposed to's' won't seem so bad (and if you have a lot of fun again, they may become 'want to's').
Kris

(Sorry I didn't post sooner..wanted to write more, but it's a little crazy getting ready to move tomorrow.)

Meg, I hear you and have been through the same type thing. As others have said...DON"T get down on yourself. I have had to really pull up my Big Girl panties lately and still have some tugging to do on them!!! Don't ever give up!!

I know how you feel about the phone. You just dread that no or that person that makes you feel like you bugged them. For me, focusing on....can't wait to talk to that one that loves to hear from me and loves PC!! That made a big difference to me. Really have to concentrate on all positive and shut down the negative. Sometimes, for me, this makes me feel as if I am being unrealistic. In the long run, I realize that it is SAVING my frame of mind and my business.

So pick up that phone as if you have just closed the biggest show in the history of PC...fake it till you make it!!!:rolleyes::party: It REALLY works!!:)

I am in the same boat. My team missed the 4K by $139 in June. In July just a few days after retuning from NC I had surgery and they removed my Thyroid with three spots of cancer. My team did very little in July. In Aug My body was being sent into a Hypo-thyroid state, and I was treated for the Cancer. My team did nothing! I had talked to each of them and told them it was our last chance. The only one who did anything is the one who is a full time Hospice Nurse!!! I am now in repromotion, and I don't care! I am still recovering from the treatments, and don't have the energy to fight this fight. And for what? The last few days I have decided, I LOVE doing shows and working with customers; working with recruits, not so much!! I think I'm just going to worry about me for right now. This will cause my Director to move down a notch, and I do feel bad about that, but I just can not get my head in the game! Now the rant part: I have been with this Co for 11 years, never gone inactive, never asked for a leave, always been a loyal consultant. My DH keeps saying, why can't they give you a break, it's Cancer!!

pjpamchef said:
I am in the same boat. My team missed the 4K by $139 in June. In July just a few days after retuning from NC I had surgery and they removed my Thyroid with three spots of cancer. My team did very little in July. In Aug My body was being sent into a Hypo-thyroid state, and I was treated for the Cancer. My team did nothing! I had talked to each of them and told them it was our last chance. The only one who did anything is the one who is a full time Hospice Nurse!!! I am now in repromotion, and I don't care! I am still recovering from the treatments, and don't have the energy to fight this fight. And for what? The last few days I have decided, I LOVE doing shows and working with customers; working with recruits, not so much!! I think I'm just going to worry about me for right now. This will cause my Director to move down a notch, and I do feel bad about that, but I just can not get my head in the game! Now the rant part: I have been with this Co for 11 years, never gone inactive, never asked for a leave, always been a loyal consultant. My DH keeps saying, why can't they give you a break, it's Cancer!!

1st so sorry for the cancer--Hope for a speedy recovery--Call HO and explain the situation- Maybe your director will help with the calls to your downline to get the spark!! be well-

pjpamchef said:

You totally have to worry about you right now!!! Don't worry about your Director~she can't hinge her level on one person, she needs to be building a team just like the rest of us and you can't be the one person carryiner her level!
You & I need to promise each other that we are going back to our "why" and whatever happens from there will happen! I do agree with Morfia that you should call HO and see what they suggest~you never know until you ask, right?
Keep yourself well and HAVE FUN at your shows that are coming up! DO NOT focus on anything but the fun~my guess is the fun will attract the right peeps for you (an me!!)

pjpamchef said:
{{{{{HUGS}}}}} You are in my prayers that you have a quick and complete recovery.

I agree with your DH. In fact I had a similar conversation with my sales director the other day. We can do a personal sales waiver but even then if the team doesn't do $4000 there's no recourse. That is wrong, in my opinion. When we aren't doing it the team almost always falls apart. There should be reasons that they will do a DIRECTOR waiver for.

In my case, in most months a third of my sales come from my Houston consultants. They have been without power all month and it's too bad if I don't make $4000 without them. If I lived in Houston it might be different but since I don't live in an affected area I don't get any reprieve either. I had surgery early in September so I have that hurting my totals this month too. This is no where as big a deal as cancer though. I don't understand that policy especially since PC is such a caring, people orientated company in all other aspects.

Keeping you all in my prayers.:pray:

legacypc46 said:
Keeping you all in my prayers.:pray:

Me too. I'm really going to need to catch up on the posts on here. I've taken a break of about a week except for popping on to look for something specific 4-5 days ago. I need to read more about the next call and try to get on that because I NEED to motivate myself.

Thanks for the updates everyone and I'll keep all of you in my thoughts who are going through some of these tough struggles!:)

I'm baaaaaack!!!!!WHEW!!!!!!!!

My show today was GREAT! The sales are at $900 and I got FIVE bookings and ONE recruit lead! I had a blast! I totally just got into showing the products and talking about the food and playing with everyone!!! How amazing that once I allowed myself to just go in and have fun that the sales, bookings and leads happened!
I have another show this coming Thursday and I cannot wait!!!

Can't wait to talk to you all tomorrow night on the DCS call! Can anyone tell I am ready to pop out of my skin??? I may have to medicate to go to sleep tonight!

Yay Meg!!
Congrats on a fabulous show!!!

Margaret, I'm so excited for you! What a great show today...5 bookings!!!!

Wowza! Way to go! Great sales, great bookings, a recruit lead, and YOU had fun! I'm smiling ear to ear for you!

Related to Cheryl's Story of Determination: Overcoming Challenges to Reach Success

What is "Cheryl's Story of Determination" about?

"Cheryl's Story of Determination" is about a woman named Cheryl who faced numerous challenges and obstacles in her life, but through determination and hard work, she was able to overcome them and achieve success.

Why is this story relevant to Pampered Chef?

This story is relevant to Pampered Chef because it embodies the company's values of determination, perseverance, and overcoming challenges. It serves as an inspiration to both employees and customers to never give up and keep striving for success.

How can this story be applied to my life?

Cheryl's story can be applied to anyone's life as it teaches valuable lessons about resilience, determination, and the power of a positive mindset. It shows that no matter how difficult the circumstances may be, with hard work and determination, success is achievable.

Is there a specific message or lesson in "Cheryl's Story of Determination"?

The main message of "Cheryl's Story of Determination" is that challenges and obstacles are a part of life, but it's how we respond to them that truly matters. With determination, perseverance, and a positive attitude, we can overcome anything and achieve our goals.

How can I access "Cheryl's Story of Determination"?

"Cheryl's Story of Determination" is available on the Pampered Chef website and can also be found in various company publications and social media platforms. Additionally, it may be shared by Pampered Chef consultants during cooking shows or other events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pamela
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies