• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Major Haircut: Cutting 10 Inches Off!

In summary, Leah cut her hair short and donated it to Locks of Love. She thinks it is a great organization that helps children with cancer.
mommyhugz1978
Gold Member
So I have been talking about cutting my hair for a while... well the other day I got a little stressed and cut oh about 10 inches off of it!!! Just thought I would share

Attachments

• IMG_0915-reduced.jpg
    IMG_0915-reduced.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 509
Leah I love the length! Very cute!

Leah - looks awesome!!

Leah, I love it! Fabulous!!

Looks GREAT Leah! Glad you're back, I've missed you around here.

Very pretty!

Looks wonderful and it has to be so much easier to take care of!

Looks great! If you cut 10 inches, and you still have it, you can donate it to 'locks of love'. They make wigs for children with cancer.

I remember when I cut all of my hair off!!! :eek: :eek: But now my hair is so much easier to take care of and I've found all my curl again! It's easy to play up your natural features (I don't think that's the word I'm looking for but I can't think of a better word, so for lack of my brain, that is still asleep, features it is!:rolleyes: ) when you just accept what God has given you and go with it!!!
You look great!;) :D :balloon:

Leah you did what I did, it looks great.

Leah, I have to agree with everyone who posted here--it looks great!

Looks good!! I just did the same thing a couple of weeks ago, cut off 11" and donated to Locks of Love.

I donated it to locks of love... the first time I donated my hair to locks of love I was 20 years old and cut 19 inches off ... my hair was past my rear end!!! I feel more professional!!

Looks great. I'll bet your head feels lighter.

tlennhoff said:
Looks great. I'll bet your head feels lighter.

A Lot less migraines that is for sure....

Leah~

It looks cute! That's awesome that you were able to donate it, too...

:)

Cute! It will be so much easier to take care of. I'm not that brave.

missydivine said:
Cute! It will be so much easier to take care of. I'm not that brave.

I wish I had a photo of the look on my DH"s face when he saw me... LOL it was priceless...... :D Though the comment my DD gave me was even better... in her littlest voice " mommy your beautiful" LOL

Looks great Leah! Just a little FYI---Locks of Love does make wigs for kids with cancer, but also for kids with Alopecia (sp?). It is a immune system problem. My friends daughter has this and they do not qualify for a wig from locks of love. They make too much money. They can buy one from them for over $5000! Which she will grow out of and need to replace in a year or two! These people are not rich---they are a typical middle class family that works hard for the things they have---
I think Locks of Love is a fabulous thing---But my friend has to collect hair herself and take it to get a wig made. This only costs about $300-$500---much less than what Locks of love charges. If you know someone who is in need of a wig--- and are planning to donate===make sure you check with them or maybe a local childrens hospital first to see if someone might be collecting hair for a wig they have to pay for themselves. Locks of love does a wonderful thing making wigs for children who need them, and I am not trying to belittle that fact....I think it is just a little misleading and very disappointing that they charge anyone because they aren't poor! (politically---I have a real problem with the middle class always being squeezed on every side for one more drop of blood! This seems to be happening in almost every conceivable issue! Sometimes, it just doesn't make sense to work hard and pay your bills. Life might be easier to just let everyone else do it for you!) Sorry---soapbox time is over now.
LEAH___YOUR HAIR LOOKS GREAT AND THANK YOU FOR HAVING THE KIND OF HEART THAT THINKS OF PEOPLE IN NEED!:) sorry--I hijacked your thread:)

sillylittlechef said:
Looks great Leah! Just a little FYI---Locks of Love does make wigs for kids with cancer, but also for kids with Alopecia (sp?). It is a immune system problem. My friends daughter has this and they do not qualify for a wig from locks of love. They make too much money. They can buy one from them for over $5000! Which she will grow out of and need to replace in a year or two! These people are not rich---they are a typical middle class family that works hard for the things they have---
I think Locks of Love is a fabulous thing---But my friend has to collect hair herself and take it to get a wig made. This only costs about $300-$500---much less than what Locks of love charges. If you know someone who is in need of a wig--- and are planning to donate===make sure you check with them or maybe a local childrens hospital first to see if someone might be collecting hair for a wig they have to pay for themselves. Locks of love does a wonderful thing making wigs for children who need them, and I am not trying to belittle that fact....I think it is just a little misleading and very disappointing that they charge anyone because they aren't poor! (politically---I have a real problem with the middle class always being squeezed on every side for one more drop of blood! This seems to be happening in almost every conceivable issue! Sometimes, it just doesn't make sense to work hard and pay your bills. Life might be easier to just let everyone else do it for you!) Sorry---soapbox time is over now.
LEAH___YOUR HAIR LOOKS GREAT AND THANK YOU FOR HAVING THE KIND OF HEART THAT THINKS OF PEOPLE IN NEED!:) sorry--I hijacked your thread:)

I live in a small town but my local beautician knows where to donate it at..... but I think it is a wonderful thing... To bad we can do this as PC consultant for fund raising for cancer charities. Though that gave me an idea about something else.... LOL it's okay :balloon:

Leah, your hair looks great short! My DH likes mine a little longer but I cut it every summer anyway!

Christ Follower said:
Leah, your hair looks great short! My DH likes mine a little longer but I cut it every summer anyway!

My DH likes my hair long... well he did.... now he likes it this length!!! :)

1. How do I know if cutting 10 inches off my hair is the right decision for me?

Deciding to cut 10 inches off your hair is a personal choice and it ultimately depends on your individual preferences and hair goals. If you are looking for a dramatic change or have been wanting to try a shorter style, cutting 10 inches off may be the perfect option for you. However, if you are unsure, we recommend consulting with a trusted hairstylist for their professional advice.

2. Will cutting 10 inches off my hair damage it?

Cutting 10 inches off your hair will not cause any damage. In fact, it can help improve the overall health of your hair by removing any split ends or damaged strands. Just be sure to follow up with regular trims and proper hair care to maintain healthy locks.

3. How should I prepare for my major haircut?

Before your major haircut, make sure to communicate clearly with your hairstylist about the desired length and style. It is also helpful to bring in pictures for reference. Additionally, make sure your hair is clean and free of any styling products to ensure a smooth and even cut.

4. What are some tips for styling short hair after a major haircut?

Styling short hair after a major haircut can be fun and versatile. Some tips include using texturizing products for added volume, experimenting with different hair accessories, and trying out new styling techniques such as braids or curls. Your hairstylist can also provide personalized tips for your specific hair type and desired look.

5. How often do I need to get a trim after cutting 10 inches off my hair?

The frequency of trims after a major haircut varies depending on individual hair growth rates and styling preferences. On average, it is recommended to get a trim every 6-8 weeks to maintain the shape and health of your new haircut.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • ahammons
  • General Chat
Replies