• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did I finally take the plunge and change my hair after 30+ years?

direction). I cut my hair by about 4 inches and hilighted it and the hilights REALLY show 'cause my hair has gotten dark since having kids. I think today I'm finally getting used to it. See...now you have to have a kid to blame the grey hair on them instead - LOL!
janetupnorth
Gold Member
After 30+ years of life (not giving away my EXACT age - LOL!)...I did something I've never done before...

I went to town yesterday with my daughter and hilighted and cut my hair! :eek:

Mind you, my mom is 68 and has NEVER dyed her hair...of course she only has about 20 gray hairs. I had a few to hide but they weren't really that noticeable...

Anyway, I cut my hair by about 4 inches and hilighted it and the hilights REALLY show 'cause my hair has gotten dark since having kids. I think today I'm finally getting used to it.

My husband LOVES it - he was all grins yesterday and today (after he got over the flu!)...

I'll have to take a picture sometime...

So, this was pretty bold for me...didn't even get my ears pierced until age 18 (pretty amazing considering the trends when I was in HS was to have piercings all the way up your ear...)...

Whew, feel better now that I "confessed" :rolleyes: LOL!

Well now show us a picture girl!!!!

Come on Janet--we're waiting to see the new qualified consultant!

My digital camera at home is an old bad one...I'll have to see if I can get a picture in a few days...

OK, guess we'll have to wait then. We'll try to be patient.

Can't wait to see the picture. I wish I didn't have to color my hair, but I have a LOT of gray...Definitely blame it on my kids and hubby!

I stopped coloring my hair a year and a half ago. I am now completely gray!

I just chopped mine all off and highlighted it too-although i've done the highlight for a few years now.

my hubby just came home on friday and the first thing he said is "what the ___ did you do to your hair!!!" I said, you like it huh :(

oh well, i like it and it's soooo easy to do now and i actually look like i have some hair instead of it falling down flat every day!!!

As long as you like it, that's all that matters. And I bet it looks adorable - most men don't get the fact that some shapes/styles work better than others. My hubby always hates when I get my hair cut off. I think he thinks that it should be long, blonde, and naturally curly. Guess what? Ain't happenin' over here!

ange13 said:
I just chopped mine all off and highlighted it too-although i've done the highlight for a few years now.

my hubby just came home on friday and the first thing he said is "what the ___ did you do to your hair!!!" I said, you like it huh :(

oh well, i like it and it's soooo easy to do now and i actually look like i have some hair instead of it falling down flat every day!!!

Aww...maybe he'll come around...

I walked in the door and my husband had such a cheesy grin on his face I thought he was laughing at me. :(

He actually had the cheesy grin because he really liked it. :D

Now wait 'til Mom comes to visit in April...I'll have to have a defribrillator ready because I think it'll give her a heart attack! :eek:

rennea said:
I got my first gray hair 3 months after we started our business. I have to die my hair now, with my 25 pain in the a** employeeshttp://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/mad0257.gif

See...now you have to have a kid to blame the grey hair on them instead - LOL! :)

Yeah, I've picked up most of my grey hairs from my current job...but it pays the bills and I have a lot of freedom there...

I started to get gray hair when I was 13. When I graduated from high school I started coloring my hair, (used to call it frosting, then I went full head coloring). As I got older I got much grayer and it just got to the point that I didn't care anymore and wasn't worth the money. I'm 50 now and can deal with being gray. Kind of like it too by the way! I have also received tons of compliments too.

My mom is fine with her grey...actually I was fine with my little bit too...just a little tired of long straight, dull hair...needed some style and a change. The only "grey" I didn't like was this one white wirey hair that would be fine until it got about 2 inches long and then it would stick straight up on me...then I'd grab and yank it and start the process over again (it would always grow back in the same spot!)

I did a first yesterday too:I am 50+.
I finally broke down and got my nails done.
My nails were always breaking and never grew.
So now my nails look so nice-I got the tips-cut short and squared with clear polish.
When I walked out I felt as if I had 10 bandaids on my hands, but after a few minutes I was used to them.
My hubby says he loves them.

I have done a pedicure in the past.
But I hate pedicure, don't like them touching my feet and legs.

I guess we never too old to try something new.

Highlighting is something I would do without chocolate for.
I have too much gray not to color and highlight.

Charlene

Good for you Charlene!!!!!

I have long hairMy husband loves my long hair. If I ever cut it he would freak out!! LOL
I would never want to cut it, I am a long hair kind of gal!

I can't wait until I am 60+ and have long flowing gray hair!! LOL

Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained by living a godly life. Proverbs 16:31

Not that you can't live a godly life with some highlights or color to touch up the gray. But I love to see older women adorning their gray hair with wisdom and godliness. A sweet, older godly woman who instructs the younger women is a treasure!!

Debbie :D

Oh, when the gray comes, it will stay there! :) I don't think the hairdresser even highlighted my gray! LOL! I think I can find them! ...but now they blend in with the golden blond...

I did get QUITE a few compliments on my hair today which made me feel good!

Tried to take a picture of myself - yeah right...that didn't work. Maybe Thursday when I'm on a field trip with my daughter her teacher can snap one for us...

janetupnorth said:
Oh, when the gray comes, it will stay there! :) I don't think the hairdresser even highlighted my gray! LOL! I think I can find them! ...but now they blend in with the golden blond...

I did get QUITE a few compliments on my hair today which made me feel good!

Tried to take a picture of myself - yeah right...that didn't work. Maybe Thursday when I'm on a field trip with my daughter her teacher can snap one for us...

I never had gray hair until a couple years ago...right around the time I had my son....I've always been blonde, but all of a sudden my hair got darker, and these wirey gray hairs were sticking straight up on top of my head......I decided there was no way I wanted people to think that I was my son's grandma (I was 39 when he was born) so I went and got my hair highlighted - and have been doing it ever since. I love it, it brightens up my face and makes me feel "sunnier"....which I really need about this time of the year!

My DH always thought he would love me with long hair, but when we actually look at pictures of me w/ long hair vs. me w/ shorter hair - he agrees that shorter is better! I always say that my hair is the one thing that I can easily change - so I am ALWAYS changing styles etc......I never keep my hair the same way for very long. My SIL has had the same hair cut for as long as I've known her.....she can't believe I change mine all the time, and I can't believe she never wants a change!

I used to change mine more than I do now, but I still like to play with it a bit. I'm currently a redhead. My DH has never complained. He will let me know if he prefers one style over another, but that's about it. My theory is it's a way to sleep with a lot of different women without cheating on his wife. He just smiles when I say that, so I believe I've hit on the truth. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/evilgrin0045.gif

So, haven't gotten a new picture yet, but I changed my avatar picture to be one from May 2006 when I walked for my Master's Degree...

It's not the best in clarity....but you can kind of see me...

I think I have a different hair style every week. Short, shorter, little longer, headband...Who knows. Foiled. I use to have long long hair when I was a kid, but short hair just fits my bubbly personality. Has to highlighted though!

janetupnorth said:
So, haven't gotten a new picture yet, but I changed my avatar picture to be one from May 2006 when I walked for my Master's Degree...

What's your masters in?

Jilleysue said:
I think I have a different hair style every week. Short, shorter, little longer, headband...Who knows. Foiled. I use to have long long hair when I was a kid, but short hair just fits my bubbly personality. Has to highlighted though!

That's funny - my mom ALWAYS kept my hair short and curled with roller - YUK! So, my "rebellion" was long and straight from the time I was about 15 until now. I only cut it up to my shoulders (a little past in back) but that was still a good 4" off. It's still not "short" as most people define short.

pamperedharriet said:
I stopped coloring my hair a year and a half ago. I am now completely gray!
I guess you need a new picture too Harriet!:eek:

Jilleysue said:
And a new avatar every other week!! :D

What is the "Ok, I've Got to Fess Up..." recipe?

The "Ok, I've Got to Fess Up..." recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make dish featuring ground beef, onion, tomato sauce, and a variety of seasonings. It can be served over rice or pasta for a hearty meal.

What ingredients do I need to make "Ok, I've Got to Fess Up..."?

To make "Ok, I've Got to Fess Up...", you will need 1 pound of ground beef, 1 medium onion, 1 can of tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of dried oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper. Salt and black pepper can also be added to taste.

How do I make "Ok, I've Got to Fess Up..."?

To make "Ok, I've Got to Fess Up...", start by browning the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Once the beef is cooked, add in the diced onion and cook until softened. Drain any excess fat from the skillet. Then, add in the tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, oregano, and cayenne pepper. Stir everything together and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Serve over rice or pasta.

Can I make "Ok, I've Got to Fess Up..." ahead of time?

Yes, "Ok, I've Got to Fess Up..." can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can also freeze it for longer storage. Simply reheat in the microwave or on the stove before serving.

What are some variations of "Ok, I've Got to Fess Up..."?

There are many variations of "Ok, I've Got to Fess Up..." that you can try. Some ideas include using ground turkey instead of beef, adding in vegetables like bell peppers or mushrooms, or using different types of pasta or rice as the base. You can also experiment with different herbs and spices to customize the flavor to your liking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Dotty
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva