• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Just Got My Hair Cut! Before and After Pictures.

gray hair.Looks great Donna! I like the short do! Cute!My 8 year old is keeping her red hair growing long to donate to locks for love. She wants it shoulder length, so it needs to be pretty long for 10 inches. Her rare color will be apprecitated by some lucky child.Mine too so I don't know if he could deal with it!
DMB75
About once a year I get really sick of my hair and cut it off. Because of my job (Military) I have to put it up all the time and I get tired of it at times. So I just went and got it cut. Here is a picture my husband took prior to getting it cut and one we just took. My head feels so light now. :) The second picture is a little burry, but you get the idea.

Donna

Attachments

• IMAGE150.JPG
    IMAGE150.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 535
  • IMAGE151.JPG
    IMAGE151.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 496
Looks good! I applaud you for going short. I wish I could do it!!!

Thanks, my hair grows really fast. It will be long again in no time. It's a big change, but I really like it.

My husband likes long hair, but he's dealing with it.

DMB75 said:
My husband likes long hair, but he's dealing with it.

Mine too so I don't know if he could deal with it!

Yours looks good both ways - you're lucky - you can sport a variety of hairstyles.

My 6 year old DD is growing her hair right now for locks of love...

Donna it looks great! My hair is a bit longer than yours currently and I am going to chop it off after the New Year for Locks of Love. I was going to do it this week and my mom suggested that I keep it long through the holidays... I think she had a good idea. I'm working on 2 FR events that have black tie galas involved so I think I'll want my hair longer for them. So right before Leadership I'll be choppin' it off!!!!!

Looks great!!

Donna the hair cut is really cute. Your hair really grows well if it gets that long in a year. Colleen, my daughter chopped 12 inches off of her hair several years ago to send to locks of love. She was so proud to do something for someone in need. It is such a good cause. We have cut her hair several times since then, but it is almost back to the original length. She has very thick hair with just a little natural wave. It is really pretty when she fixes it, but at 14 most of the time it just gets pulled into a pony tail.

Looks very nice!!

Love it! I am in need of a change, and short will be it soon! LOL

You are brave! It looks fantastic.

janetupnorth said:
Mine too so I don't know if he could deal with it!

Yours looks good both ways - you're lucky - you can sport a variety of hairstyles.

My 6 year old DD is growing her hair right now for locks of love...

my daughter just donated to Locks of Love for the 3rd time. It takes her about a year to grow a 10+" ponytail.

it warms my heart that so many people donate for such a great cause..and even so to see so many young girls donating.

Looks great Donna!

I like the short do! Cute!

My 8 year old is keeping her red hair growing long to donate to locks for love. She wants it shoulder length, so it needs to be pretty long for 10 inches. Her rare color will be apprecitated by some lucky child.

I Love it, it looks great! I have shoulder length hair and I am the same way every year, usually in March/April I get tired of my hair and what a change and I take the scissors and off it goes. It looks fabulous, and it makes you look younger too, not that you look old- and it's so stylish- I think you made a great move with the cut.

I think both hair do's look great!
I don't think Locks of Love would want my hair. I color it, and if I didn't, it would be mostly gray.

If I recall correctly, I believe Locks of Love does take dyed hair.

I watched Oprah the other day, and Hillary Swank was on the show, getting her hair cut to donate. I'm not sure which organization she was donating to, but she said that organization doesn't take dyed, gray hair.

JAE said:
I watched Oprah the other day, and Hillary Swank was on the show, getting her hair cut to donate. I'm not sure which organization she was donating to, but she said that organization doesn't take dyed, gray hair.

Guess that would count me out then!:rolleyes:

Wow, Donna, you look like a different person! It looks great!

I just went onto the Locks of Love website and here are some answers regarding permed, grey and dyed hair.

1. Q. Does Locks of Love sell hair?
A. Yes, hair that is short, gray, or otherwise unusable will be sold to help offset manufacturing costs.

2. Q. Can I donate gray hair?
A. Yes, we can accept donations of gray hair. Because we only provide hairpieces to children, we cannot use this hair in a hairpiece but will sell it to offset our manufacturing costs.

3. Q. Can I donate colored hair?
A. Yes, we can accept donations of colored hair.

4. Q. Can I donate permed hair?
A. Yes, we can accept donations of permed hair.

5. Q. Can I donate bleached hair?
A. No, we cannot use bleached hair. The bleach causes the hair to dissolve as it goes through the manufacturing process. Note: Many times highlights are done with bleach.

There are additional questions and answers on the website, hope this helps.

That's good to know. I don't usually let my hair get very long because it frizzes and poofs, but I'll keep the donation thing in mind.

http://locksoflove.org/faq.html#Aa9

So long as its not bleached...

In fact some salons will give you a free haircut if you're donating 10" to Locks of Love.

Donna love the new 'do! I've gone shorter too recently. I just don't know what to do with it most days and end up tucking it behind my ears or putting it into little sprig-tails (mini pigtails)... I sure looked nice after the hairdresser got done with it though. I only wish I had the same skills as she! Or products. LOL...

As the owner of a hair salon...its adorable. As for Locks of Love, we are a participating salon. Just for those of you who need to know...bleach is considered any color using 30 or 40 vol developer. Make sure you check with your stylist about you developer. It's not that big of a deal, but it does make for a lot of busy work for Locks of Love to test it if they aren't sure about the developer used. Sorry for chiming in, I just know from experience.

I like it better short, but who am I to say since mine is really short but I love it and everyone else does and I get tons of compliments on my hair but going short does mean you have to have the right face shape for it, I noticed that shorter hair made my face look thiner.

I donated 14 1/2 inches in Septeber of this year.... it was one of the best things I have ever done.

It looks gorgeous both long and short - you have beautiful hair!

Related to I Just Got My Hair Cut! Before and After Pictures.

1. How often should I get my hair cut?

It is recommended to get a haircut every 4-6 weeks to maintain healthy hair and prevent split ends.

2. How can I decide on a new hairstyle?

There are various ways to decide on a new hairstyle, such as considering your face shape, hair texture, and personal style. It is also helpful to bring pictures to your stylist for inspiration.

3. How can I make sure my hair looks good after a haircut?

To ensure your hair looks good after a haircut, communicate clearly with your stylist about the desired length and style. Also, follow their advice on hair care and styling products to maintain the look.

4. How can I best take care of my hair after a major haircut?

After a major haircut, it is important to use a gentle shampoo and conditioner, avoid heat styling, and trim regularly to maintain the shape. It is also beneficial to use hair masks and oils for added nourishment.

5. How do I know when it's time for a major haircut?

There are a few signs that indicate it's time for a major haircut, such as split ends, lack of volume, and difficulty styling. Also, if you feel bored or dissatisfied with your current hairstyle, it may be time for a change.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefkristin
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • mommyhugz1978
  • General Chat
Replies