• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Think I Want to Get My Hair Chopped off

In summary, both the author and the other person are considering cutting their hair short. However, the author is worried about the Chicago humidity and whether or not her hair will grow back.
DebbieJ
It's long and as a SAHM, all I do is a ponytail every day. It's boring. If I want to wear it down, I need to flat iron it. But I have SOOOO much hair that it takes me an hour to do that. So it never gets done.

I have some pics of me with shorter hair and I look so fun and sporty.

So nudge me along here.....tell me I should cut my hair. :)

I am thinking the same thing. But not till after conference. I want to be able to have the choice of putting in a clip.

post some pictures so we can get an idea of what you look like!

I've often changed my hair--sometimes rather drastically. I always say, "It's hair. If I don't love it, it will grow out, and I can change it again.

i chopped mine off and love it, it was so long but i was sick of it in being in a ponytail so i cut it lol im glad i did

raebates said:
I've often changed my hair--sometimes rather drastically. I always say, "It's hair. If I don't love it, it will grow out, and I can change it again.

Me too! I've had mine about an 1.5" long all over and it's currently long enough to pull back and put up.

It will grow back -- and you said you've had it shorter before and liked the look. Go for the fun and sporty!

Mine was all one length and scraggly...fine, thin, lost it's curl...i always wore it up in a clip (hence my HUGE collection of hairclips).
Then a new hair cutting place opened up and was offering $2.99 haircuts...being the tightwad that i am I couldn't resist...I told the guy I hated my hair...he layered the crap out of it and all my bounce an dcurls came back - I now have a "style" - I am really happy with it. It looks healthier and thicker too - it's a bit hard to put "up" for my shows - so I use extra clips at my shows - LOL. I say GO FOR IT - change is good! And if you hate it - it'll grow back!

I agree- it grows back!
And if you don't like it, head wraps and scarves are big right now. :)

Or fruit hats.

DO IT! I went last night to get my hair cut even shorter than last time! It is all flipped out and fun - and easy to do! Then I went and got my nails done again (hot pink of course)...so now I am feeling all girly and summerish! :)I need to get a better pic and update my avatar!

I have the same attitude as Rae--it grows back.

I'll see if I can find some pics later...ds has to go to camp now.

With each pregnancy I chopped mine. Very short. I have a lot of hair and a lot of body so short doesn't work for me. It ended up sticking out all over. I had to use gel and spray to make it stay down. But I always forgot that when I was prego and chopped it anyway. Now it is down to shoulders and I am ready to scream! I want to chop it again....like the definition of stupid...doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome. Yup! That's me.
Good luck. If you liked it short before, then I say go for it!

Good luck, I am on the fence about it as well. Last time I cut it short I had just lost a bunch of weight and felt very confident, now I have gained weight and feel not as confident....don't ask me what my hair has to do with my weight, its all in my disturbed head....but I can't stand my hair right now and have been thinking about cutting it for at least six months...I know it grows back but I feel my hair doesn't grow that fast....I wanted to cut it before conference but now I am afraid with the Chicago humidity it would be awful....I am very bad at making decisions....sorry this has dragged on....now you all know what a wierdo I am :)

There are all sorts of great products available now to combat humidity. Talk with your stylist.

I've been thinking the same thing! DH loves long hair, so he cringes when I get it cut:rolleyes: I got mine cut about 3 weeks ago, but was a little chicken so I didnt' go too short; it's a little longer than shoulder length & she used a razor to cut it so it thinned it a lot which was good, because I have thick hair.
I have an appointment on Monday, so we'll see what I do:) Go for it Deb; I know Chicago is kinda like Ks, HOT right now & shorter hair seems so tempting to feel cooler!

sillylittlechef said:
With each pregnancy I chopped mine. Very short. I have a lot of hair and a lot of body so short doesn't work for me. It ended up sticking out all over. I had to use gel and spray to make it stay down. But I always forgot that when I was prego and chopped it anyway. Now it is down to shoulders and I am ready to scream! I want to chop it again....like the definition of stupid...doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome. Yup! That's me.
Good luck. If you liked it short before, then I say go for it!

Dusty,

Do you have a REALLY GOOD stylist? Do you know one? (if not, check with your friends) Can you afford an expensive hair cut. . .just this once? Perhaps you had your head of hair in the wrong hands. A great cut can make all the difference from the time you walk out of the salon up until it's time to get it cut again.

ooohhh - I love to change hairstyles and colors!! I agree with everyone else, its just hair, it'll grow back or can go even shorter too!

I agree with Janine - if you have a stylist who's unaccustomed to your hair texture, it will probably end up a disaster. And a few extra bucks for a quality cut can make all the difference. AND- don't forget to ask questions while they style it, so you can do the same at home.

Debbie, we are in the exact same situation. I have a 15 month old and have been letting my hair grow since my preganancy. I had short hair for 10 years and loved it. Now I just do not have time to "do it" every day nor the time to get monthly haircuts. I would LOVE to cut mine again. I always wear it up in a clip or a pony tail. Maybe in a few years when she is in school I will have time again??? Please Please Please!

I really need to get mine cut too. I love it shorter (so does DH), but I never have the time to maintain it. And there's the little problem of my 3 yr old - since he was 1, he has needed to play with my hair to calm down or go to sleep. If I cut it too short, he just about pulls my hair out! lol

I say go for it! :)

Just do it! Mine has been long and super short! it grows back!! right now I am growing mine out. I want to donate it when it gets long enough. I know what you mean about your hair taking forever!! Mine is barely to my shoulders and it takes me about 20 to blow dry it!! Wesley I wouldn't let it get this long and so now I am doing just to spite him!! :p

Okay, I have to call my stylist anyway b/c she wants to host a show. :)

Dusty, if you need her number, just let me know! She works out of her home over here in Lockport. She used to work at a salon in Oak Park. She if FABULOUS and a total steal $$$$.

I say do it.

My hair has been long and short and everything in between. Once I actually cut off 16 inches just so that I could go to my WW meeting and show a loss! Hey, I had hit a plateau and I was desparate.

If you have enough that you are cutting off, please consider donating it. There are various organizations around that accept hair for wigs for people/kids who are sick and loose their hair. Locks for Love is a national org, but most large hospitals have some sort of program.

When I get to the point that I am clipping my hair up more than wearing it down and styled, it gets cut.

Which reminds me, it's getting to be that time.

I don't have enough to donate, but would you believe that my BROTHER once did? :D

Deb, I also say GO FOR IT, but REMEMBER, you'll be walking that stage so you don't want a disaster of a cut!:eek:

I did that a few years ago.

FYI- if you are donating to Locks of Love, check their website for salons in your area. Some offer free cuts to people who are donating.

I donated a few years ago and got a nice postcard in the mail from them saying Thanks!

Do it! Do it!

PampMomof3 said:
Deb, I also say GO FOR IT, but REMEMBER, you'll be walking that stage so you don't want a disaster of a cut!:eek:

I know....but I trust Tish. It won't look like crap.

I don't think you'll look like crap!!:eek: I think you're too cute to look like that. I just want you to be happy with it!!

I just called Tish and her message said she's on vacation til July 5th, so it's unlikely the chop fest will happen before conference. :)

Well that's fate then, isn't it?;)

[everybody chant with me now...]Cut... cut... cut... cut... cut...

You're in Wave 3... you've got enough time after she gets back on July 5th to get it done.

as I posted in another thread....

Do it. Dooooooo it!

Ann - have you done any real work today?

Um... a little.

I made a rosary over lunch. :) But that's not work-work, either. I actually leave CS up in a browser window while I work on resumes, and usually just bop back over every 10 minutes or so.

I cut my hair off 6 years ago (almost... in August it will be 6 years) I believe the total cut was 14 inches! And it's been long enough for another donation cut for a few years already (yes, my hair grows insanely fast!!!! that's not always a good thing...... that means the waxing has to happen more often, too..... :p)

But I'm not cutting it off again...... last time I did, I was ready for a huge change..... and not only did I get a new haircut, I left my husband and got a new man, too! LOL

Anyway..... I donated mine to Locks of Love..... and I've pics of the hair before and after.... lol

Let's see if this works...

Now (taken by Kristi in San Fran)
1_hair_now.jpg

And then
1_hair_then.jpg

Last edited:
I love your hair like that!! It's very cute!! Man, I wish I was brave enough to cut mine. It's just too curly.

Hey, I love the now picture!! I TOOK IT!!!! :)

Deb, it looks great!!

You look great with short hair! My vote is to go for it.

I love your hair short!!! GO FOR IT!!

On that note...I had about 7-8 inches cut off yesterday.

6 weeks ago I went in for a hair cut and my styalist who I completly trust only cut off a couple of inches to make sure that this is what I wanted. I went in yesterday and got it cut off and I'm lovin it!! The back is shorter than the front and it is so cute. Sorry no pics yet to post. It's a lot easier for me to straighten every day as well, plus this cut is fun!

I love the way the short hair frames your face. Go for it.

I love the short hair on you - it looks so fun and summery!

Love the short hair... if mine wasn't so curly, that is the cut I'd want... GO FOR IT!!!

OK Deb, you can do it:) I just got mine chopped off! And I"m coloring tomorrow! Gosh, it feels so light & cooler on my neck--now just to see what dh says about it, lol!

Just got an appt for Monday!!! :):):)

I just cut my last night :) .....good luck :)

My avatar is an old picture...so now my hair looks close to that again.. but a little shorter..so if I meet anyone at conference I probably won't look much different!!

I cut mine off last week.... right before DH got home from his six month long business trip (he was deployed over there). I got more high lights then usual as well. By the time I go in again...after conference AND after I move to our next duty station...my hair should be heck of long!
I guess I should update my picture too huh........

I'm in the process of growing mine out again, but sometimes I really like it short! :)

<h2>1. Can you recommend a specific hairstyle that would suit me?</h2><p>As a Pampered Chef employee, I am not a hairstylist, so I cannot recommend a specific hairstyle for you. However, I can suggest consulting with a professional hairstylist to find a style that would best suit your face shape, hair texture, and personal preferences.</p><h2>2. How short should I go if I decide to chop off my hair?</h2><p>The length you choose to go for when getting a haircut is entirely up to you. Some popular short haircuts include a bob, pixie cut, or a lob (long bob). It ultimately depends on your desired style and how much maintenance you are willing to put into your hair.</p><h2>3. Will cutting my hair make it easier to manage?</h2><p>In most cases, shorter hair can be easier to manage than longer hair. However, it is essential to consider your hair type and the specific haircut you choose. Some short haircuts may require more maintenance and styling than others, so it is best to consult with a hairstylist to find the best option for you.</p><h2>4. How often will I need to get my hair cut if I go for a shorter style?</h2><p>The frequency of haircuts varies depending on hair type, growth rate, and desired style. Generally, shorter haircuts require more frequent trims to maintain the shape and style. It is best to consult with your hairstylist to create a personalized maintenance schedule for your new haircut.</p><h2>5. Will cutting my hair make a noticeable difference in my appearance?</h2><p>Yes, cutting your hair can make a significant difference in your appearance. A new hairstyle can enhance your features, give you a fresh look, and boost your confidence. If you have been considering a change, a haircut could be just what you need to switch things up.</p>

1. Can you recommend a specific hairstyle that would suit me?

As a Pampered Chef employee, I am not a hairstylist, so I cannot recommend a specific hairstyle for you. However, I can suggest consulting with a professional hairstylist to find a style that would best suit your face shape, hair texture, and personal preferences.

2. How short should I go if I decide to chop off my hair?

The length you choose to go for when getting a haircut is entirely up to you. Some popular short haircuts include a bob, pixie cut, or a lob (long bob). It ultimately depends on your desired style and how much maintenance you are willing to put into your hair.

3. Will cutting my hair make it easier to manage?

In most cases, shorter hair can be easier to manage than longer hair. However, it is essential to consider your hair type and the specific haircut you choose. Some short haircuts may require more maintenance and styling than others, so it is best to consult with a hairstylist to find the best option for you.

4. How often will I need to get my hair cut if I go for a shorter style?

The frequency of haircuts varies depending on hair type, growth rate, and desired style. Generally, shorter haircuts require more frequent trims to maintain the shape and style. It is best to consult with your hairstylist to create a personalized maintenance schedule for your new haircut.

5. Will cutting my hair make a noticeable difference in my appearance?

Yes, cutting your hair can make a significant difference in your appearance. A new hairstyle can enhance your features, give you a fresh look, and boost your confidence. If you have been considering a change, a haircut could be just what you need to switch things up.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • chefjwr
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • chefheidi2003
  • General Chat
Replies