• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer for a Terrified Toddler's Haircut?

In summary, the child's fear of haircuts is sensory related, and the child's school system is not taking their responsibilities seriously.
ahammons
could you please say a quick prayer for me? My 3 1/2 yr old DS is terrified of haircuts, so I normally wait until he's asleep to do it. (I don't know how, but he usually sleeps right through it.) Anyway, his hair is getting pretty long again, so I started his haircut lastnight - but he woke up! We have a lot of errands to run today, so I really need to finish cutting his hair before we leave the house. Unfortunately, I know what this means... he will have a complete meltdown. I'm praying that he will cooperate - even if it's just a little more than usual.

I've prayed. Nothing's too silly or small for God.

Thanks Rae!

I am glad that's over! He definitely put up a fight, but it wasn't as bad as it has been in the past. I felt horrible, but he's already forgive me. lol After his haircut, I went ahead and trimmed my youngest's hair too (he's 23mo). I was a little worried that he'd throw a fit just because he watched his big brother do it, but he didnt - he just watched his cartoon the whole time. :)

When our son was two, The Furry Guy usually cut his hair. He would say, "Now, don't move around. I don't want to cut your ear off." You've never seen a child sit so still during a haircut. When we started taking him to a hairdresser for cuts, she always talked about how nice and still he sat. I don't think I ever explained why.

That's hilarious! :D

The doctor thinks his fear of haircuts, nails being clipped, etc. is sensory related, and that OT would help. Unfortunately, our school system is taking full advantage of the 60 days they have to complete his evaluations. :grumpy:

I have friends who are part of the system of care. I've watched families struggle to make sure their children receive the testing and training they are entitled to by law. I hope your school system takes its responsibilities seriously. Best wishes!

Thanks Rae. So far, they haven't done much. I filled out all the necessary paperwork and dropped it off at the Preschool/Special Skills coordinator's office the week before Christmas. I hadn't heard back from her, so I called last week to check on the status and she said that she forgot to give me another paper to sign. Apparently she was just waiting to hear from me, instead of calling me so that I could come in and sign it! Technically, their 60 days didn't begin until I signed the last paper so now we may have to wait a few more weeks just to get the evaluations done. It's just so frustrating!

Most of the families I've seen dealing with these issues have had severely challenged children. I've decided that one of the most difficult challenges they face is getting people in authority to live up to their responsibilities. Don't give up the fight. You are the absolute best advocate for your child. I've always got a listening ear if you want to vent. I can't do anything, but I am a good listener.

Related to Prayer for a Terrified Toddler's Haircut?

What is "This May Seem Silly, But..."?

"This May Seem Silly, But..." is a line of products offered by Pampered Chef that are designed to make cooking and meal prep tasks easier and more efficient.

What types of products are included in "This May Seem Silly, But..."?

There is a wide range of products included in "This May Seem Silly, But...", from kitchen gadgets like avocado slicers and corn strippers, to unique solutions for common cooking problems like the Garlic Peeler & Slicer Set.

Are the products in "This May Seem Silly, But..." only for experienced cooks?

No, these products are designed to be user-friendly and accessible for cooks of all levels. They are perfect for anyone looking to simplify and streamline their cooking process.

Can I purchase "This May Seem Silly, But..." products in stores?

No, these products are exclusively sold through Pampered Chef consultants or on the Pampered Chef website. This allows us to provide personalized customer service and support for our customers.

Do "This May Seem Silly, But..." products come with a warranty?

Yes, all of our products come with a satisfaction guarantee and a limited warranty. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will work with you to find a solution.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ahammons
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ahammons
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
Replies