• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling to Gain Bookings in a New Town? Learn from My Experience!

J
Judybabe
In my attempt to meet people and get some bookings, I took 25 catalogs, put two order forms in them and a label on the front of the books saying I was offering specials for first time orderers since I was new!

I went into businesses in the town. People were really excited to see the catalog, they hadn't seen one in a year, 6 months, loved the products, were excited to be able to order again...

Guess what... when I went back to these businesses, several said they just called the lady who they dealt with before since they knew her. So the consultant who has lived here for years, who doesn't hand out catalogs, got my orders. WTF?

well she's my cousin, or she gets her hair cut here, (so did I) or my brother works with her husband.

I hate this town. I hate this town. I hate this town!

I'm so sorry! That just stinks! :(

Did you specifically say that you would be back in 24 hours (or whatever timeframe) to get orders? You may also want to inquire in your conversation, when dropping off the catalog, whether they have a PC consultant:

"Hi, my name is Judy, and I've recently started my own Pampered Chef business. I'm taking a proactive step in my business and wanted to visit some of my local businesses (or something to that effect, that sentence needs work). Do you already have a Pampered Chef consultant?"

Sorry to hear this. Obviously, someone doesn't understand the business. How long have you lived where you are? I know it sometimes takes up to 6 months to get established. Hang in there!

I was a home office lead, and when I signed up I asked specifically if there were any reps here. I was told NO. this is a really tiny town.Now, after I have committed, spent money on kits, products etc. do I find out that there is another lady who is from here.ok, no biggy, other people have done it, I should be able to also, People have told me, Yes, well XXXXX sells Pampered Chef, but I don't know if she does it anymore. I really would have asked her first before starting in on her turf. If she was still active. Being a newbie is bad enough, but being a newbie stepping on toes is suicide.My husband is the chief deputy, soon to be sheriff in December, we've been married three months, I like my husband, don't like his hometown.

I'm sorry that you got bad info. I'm surprised anyone told you that there was no one in that town, they usually don't say who is in an area. How big of a town is this?

Sorry to hear this. Actually, I think that HO doesn't reveal too much about other consultants in the area. I live in a remote area also and there are others nearby that do as well as I do.

Keep in mind that this is a business and like most businesses, they take time to establish. Plus, people want to get to know you better too. You never know when you may run into someone who either doesn't like the other consultant's "style" or may just want someone different to do their party.

Hang in there because I truly believe that you can make it anywhere even with others around.

800 Adjusting here is'nt just with Pampered chef. the way the volleyball roster is made up, who plans when. No schedules, girls are just supposed to ride the bus to a game and maybe their team will play? I have paid to send my daughter to some of the best volleyball camps in the area. University of Nebraska volleyball is one of the best programs in the nation!She has also won several awards for her age group, she works hard and is a good player for being 12. I have two nieces who play for UNL so she stays with them during the camp time. And they tell me, well until we get to watch her a little more and check out her skills she's on the B team. Hello! these are 7th graders, not seniors! this is a podunk town, you're lucky she signed up to even play to make enough for a team. no wonder I had to start blood pressure meds when I moved here.

oh judy, that is all just so awful! i would go back to other businesses and make sure to tell them to get the special savings they MUST go through you! maybe offer a free gift too (SB) or something. i don't know that just all stinks so bad.

Being that your town is so small, would it be possible for you to branch out into neighboring towns? I know that it would involve a lot of driving, but your mileage is tax-deductible. I've heard of many consultants who regularly drive updards of an hour or more to get to their shows because of the sparsely populated areas they live in.

Well, that all stinks! But I think I am correct in saying that because there are no territories with PC, HO has never disclosed whether there is or isn't a consultant in your area. Now plan of attack. FOOD!
1) Give out invites to a PC party at your home or some local place you can get permission to use - a church for example or the sherriffs department (!)
2) The next time you go to a business, as them if you could return in a few days and do a mini-party and bring a treat. If they say yes, then leave catalogs. Take a treat in to the business, take a few tools and I mean a few, talk about them while serving the food. Now, your new town sounds a little like Stepford! Yikes - check for long flowing dresses, glassy eyes and constant smiles on all the women!

1. Why is it important to offer specials for first time orders when trying to gain bookings in a new town?

Offering specials for first time orders is a great way to entice potential customers who may not be familiar with your business. It gives them an incentive to try your products and can make them feel special for being a first time customer. This can help build a positive relationship with them and increase the chances of them becoming repeat customers.

2. How can handing out catalogs help with gaining bookings in a new town?

Handing out catalogs is a great way to introduce your business and products to potential customers. It allows them to browse through your offerings at their own pace and gives them a chance to see what your business has to offer. It also gives them a tangible reminder of your business, making it easier for them to remember and contact you for bookings.

3. Why did some businesses in the new town choose to continue ordering from the consultant who has lived there for years?

There could be a variety of reasons why some businesses chose to continue ordering from the consultant who has lived in the town for years. It could be due to a pre-existing relationship they have with that consultant, such as being friends or family, or simply because they are more comfortable working with someone they already know and trust.

4. How can I overcome the challenges of competing with a consultant who has lived in the town for years?

One way to overcome this challenge is by focusing on building relationships with potential customers in the new town. Take the time to get to know them and understand their needs and preferences. Offer exceptional customer service and follow up with them regularly to stay top of mind. You can also differentiate yourself by highlighting your unique offerings and the benefits of working with you.

5. How can I stay motivated and positive when facing challenges in gaining bookings in a new town?

Facing challenges in a new town can be discouraging, but it's important to stay motivated and positive. Remember why you started your business and the passion you have for your products. Remind yourself of your goals and the potential for success in this new market. Seek support from fellow consultants or a mentor for advice and encouragement. Stay focused on your efforts and don't let setbacks discourage you from reaching your goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef