• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

DD's Journey to Donate Her Hair to Locks of Love

In summary, a year ago, DD saw a girl in the paper that just had her hair cut for Locks of Love. She decided she wanted to do that, so she went to get her hair cut short. She looked so cute with her new short haircut, and she even looks like her mom.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
So a year ago, DD saw a girl in the paper that just had her hair cut for Locks of Love. She decided she wanted to do that.

Well, after a long trip in the van yesterday and a lot of heat, she announced that she wanted her hair cut short TODAY (yesterday) - ready or not...

So, off we went before we got home.

It was just long enough to do it so here she is before:

janetupnorth-albums-locks-love-picture434-before.jpg

...and my little cutie afterwards!
janetupnorth-albums-locks-love-picture439-after-pose.jpg

There is the hair to be boxed up:
janetupnorth-albums-locks-love-picture437-hair-left-behind-counter.jpg
About to lose a lot:
janetupnorth-albums-locks-love-picture435-process.jpg

Very cute... and she looks so much like her mama!

So cute - love her new do!

I think that's great -- such a generous spirit in a tiny package :) congrats on having such a caring daughter!and the hair cut suits her, too :)

She looks awesome! :) What a great girl to want to do something like this. Must take after her Mom! :)

How cute! I love her new 'do, too! :)

What a little cutie....and what an adorable new haircut!

And - she does look like her mama!

ChefBeckyD said:
What a little cutie....and what an adorable new haircut!

And - she does look like her mama!

Yeah, but mom is too chicken to cut her hair that short! I haven't had it short since 8th grade!

janetupnorth said:
Yeah, but mom is too chicken to cut her hair that short! I haven't had it short since 8th grade!

Wow! My hair changes on a regular basis....I can't even remember what my hair looked like in 8th grade.....I'm thinking that may have been the year I gave myself a Toni Tennille haircut....:eek:

Wow Janet, What a cutie!

Our Sammie's would soooo get along. It was a huge shock when my girl did that last year! She had 13" cut off. She also LOVES the postcard she got from Locks of Love.

etteluap70PC said:
Wow Janet, What a cutie!

Our Sammie's would soooo get along. It was a huge shock when my girl did that last year! She had 13" cut off. She also LOVES the postcard she got from Locks of Love.

Oh, I hope my Sammie gets one. Fantastic Sams sends it in for her so I don't know if they'll attach her name/address or not.

She looks so cute Janet! Any idea when she might be writing another letter???
I am going to call Rachel to come look at her panpal!

chefmeg said:
She looks so cute Janet! Any idea when she might be writing another letter???
I am going to call Rachel to come look at her panpal!

Soon! She just bought a Wisconsin postcard yesterday for Rachel!

Awwww.. she is so cute! I love her new do!

That is is so neat for her to do this! I have always said I wanted to do that, but never have.

I wish I had the guts to go shorter when Mads got her's cut. She totally had enough to donate but did not want it short. Ah well it grows really fast so perhaps next time.

Yep, cute like her mama.

raebates said:
Yep, cute like her mama.

Aw shucks Rae - thanks! I don't consider myself "cute". :blushing:

Wow she's cute and what a generous spirit.

Trust me, Janet. You should!

I love Chef Success - way to boost my ego Rae before my show! ;)

janetupnorth said:

I have always been called "cute" and dream of the day that someone says "hey, look are her~she is so pretty...or gorgeous...or HOT...or anything but CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chefmeg said:
I have always been called "cute" and dream of the day that someone says "hey, look are her~she is so pretty...or gorgeous...or HOT...or anything but CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the Cheesecake Factory I was referred to as "Miss" and my clustermate as "Ma'am" - we are about 4-5 years apart in age!

What a cutie...just like her MOM....;)

janetupnorth said:

Did we have this conversation with you back when you were in that tv news segment? I thought we had it cleared up that you are beautiful (cute is implied in there).

katie0128 said:
Did we have this conversation with you back when you were in that tv news segment? I thought we had it cleared up that you are beautiful (cute is implied in there).

You know....I was thinking that conversation happened before too - but this just gives her that extra boost before her show tonight!

Have a great show, Janet!

ASK EVERYONE!

etteluap70PC said:
Wow Janet, What a cutie!

My DD did Locks of Love last year and still has the postcard stuck to her mirror.

Janet, she is cute :) That bob haircut is all the rage right now.

Well, I came home to Sammie sitting in the recliner chair with freshly washed hair. She bathed while I was at my show and shampooed her hair. She's lovin' it!I DID ask everyone at my show! :)$500 in sales, guests motivated to get a few more orders for the host, 3 bookings - 2 August, 1 September and 1 recruit lead...not too shabby for the night and just getting home the day before.I packed very light, but it was good! Nice not hauling too much!

Wow- Sammie- you look marvelous! Simply fantastic!!! :) (Janet, make sure you let Sammie read that!!)

Kitchen Diva said:
Wow- Sammie- you look marvelous! Simply fantastic!!! :) (Janet, make sure you let Sammie read that!!)

Sammie says, "I like what you wrote. I have a new look on me." :D

(She picked the smiley too...)

chefmeg said:

Same here! DH said after I hit 30 no one would ever call me cute again! HA! I proved him wrong... I call him at least once a week to tell him that someone called me cute...and I'm older than 30! that'll show him to tell me people won't think I'm cute. Humpfff!

Janet~

Tell her her new do is TOTALLY CUTE! (If she likes cute!) It looks great on her! Give her a big hug from me and tell her that she is such a sweetie and I love her heart and how she is always thinking of others! She makes Jesus smile a lot!

And she is a little mini-me of YOU!! No mistaking who's daughter she is!

What a nice idea!! And her new do is quite fitting for her!! I love it! You must be so proud!

DD got her hair cut short at the end of the school year but it was 2in to short and she didn't want to wait!
Your DD looks so cute! Tell her great job!

Kelly - Sammie read your note before we left this a.m. then came over to me to get her hug! LOL!She's having fun reading all the notes. :)

Related to DD's Journey to Donate Her Hair to Locks of Love

1. How long did DD's hair need to be in order to donate it to Locks of Love?

DD's hair needed to be at least 10 inches long in order to be donated to Locks of Love.

2. What inspired DD to donate her hair to Locks of Love?

DD was inspired by a girl she saw in the newspaper who had just donated her hair to Locks of Love.

3. How long did it take for DD's hair to grow to the required length?

DD's hair took a year to grow to the required length of 10 inches.

4. Can anyone donate their hair to Locks of Love?

Yes, anyone can donate their hair to Locks of Love as long as it meets the donation requirements of being at least 10 inches long, free of any chemical treatments, and in good condition.

5. What does Locks of Love do with the donated hair?

Locks of Love uses the donated hair to create high-quality wigs for children who have lost their hair due to medical conditions such as alopecia, cancer, or burns.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefkristin
  • AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ElizabethPurvis
  • AmyjonesPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies