• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Brother Wants to Fundraise for His Band Trip, Help!?

In summary, my brother would like to do a fundraiser to earn $$ for his high school band trip. The kids don't do fundraisers as a class and must do them as individuals. Can he still do a PC Fundraiser by himself? HELP.
ShelbyMichalek
So, my brother would like to do a fundraiser to earn $$ for his high school band trip. The kids don't do fundraisers as a class and must do them as individuals. Can he still do a PC Fundraiser by himself? HELP.

Also, I want to include a little flyer with his packet (3 minis and some order forms) that he can show to people. What should it say?

Thanks!!

:chef:

I know that fundraisers have to be for an organization. I did a fundraiser for a little girl that needed a heart transplant and gave my commission because it was an individual not an organization. They will not make a check out to an individual. I would call HO and see what other options you had.

Could you not have the High School Band be the recipient? If that's where he has to turn money into, then I would think that would work....

Could he go to a local bank and set up an account for "Joe's Band Trip Fund"? Then the money would be going into said fund, not directly to the individual.

I've done this for kids going on trips with girl scouts and cheerleading. Put the name of the school and the student name. The check will go to the organizer's address. eg: Eastern High School Band - Tom Brigham

Most groups that do big trips set up an account for each of the students under the umbrella of the group. Check with their group.

Kathy's_Kitchen said:
Could you not have the High School Band be the recipient? If that's where he has to turn money into, then I would think that would work....

I think I'm going to ask if he can do this. I think it's just an issue that if he did this, the $$ wouldn't be for him, it would be dispersed among all of them. That's why they're supposed to fundraise individually so they can each earn their trip.

BethCooks4U said:
I've done this for kids going on trips with girl scouts and cheerleading. Put the name of the school and the student name. The check will go to the organizer's address. eg: Eastern High School Band - Tom Brigham

Most groups that do big trips set up an account for each of the students under the umbrella of the group. Check with their group.

I'll ask if they can do that. Should I then just have my brother do all the contacting or should I just try to get his band teacher's extension and call her myself to see if she can do this?

Also, I mentioned in my first post about a flyer for his packet. Can anyone help me with that?

I would check with the group about how they receive payments. I remember when I was a kid my dad did a lot of monthly payments options like when our chorus group went to Toronto. I want to say he just wrote a check out to the school and the school applied it to my account.

ShelbyMichalek said:
I'll ask if they can do that. Should I then just have my brother do all the contacting or should I just try to get his band teacher's extension and call her myself to see if she can do this?

Also, I mentioned in my first post about a flyer for his packet. Can anyone help me with that?

Well, if the band does the fundraiser I would think it would be divided between the participants.

Oh, wait... you're talking about to find out how they want the check to be written, how they handle that? I think either way would work. He can find out or you can call and tell them you're doing a fundraiser for his trip and you want to make sure the check is made out properly.

BethCooks4U said:
Well, if the band does the fundraiser I would think it would be divided between the participants.

Oh, wait... you're talking about to find out how they want the check to be written, how they handle that? I think either way would work. He can find out or you can call and tell them you're doing a fundraiser for his trip and you want to make sure the check is made out properly.

It wouldn't be the whole band doing the fundraiser, it would be just my brother. With his school, each kid has to fundraise by themself so that they each earn the trip. They do it this way so that one or two kids aren't doing all the work and then all the other kids get a free trip thanks to those few kids that did the fundraising. Does that make sense?

So yes, I guess I'm trying to figure out how I should set up the fundraiser since an individual can't do a PC fundraiser by themself.

An individual can do the fundraiser by himself, the check just can't be made payable to him. It has to be some sort of an organization or fund, not a person.

NooraK said:
An individual can do the fundraiser by himself, the check just can't be made payable to him. It has to be some sort of an organization or fund, not a person.

Okay, So then how does this sound?
I'll call his band director and tell her that Jeffery is going to do a fundraiser for his trip through Pampered Chef. I'll ask her if the check can be made payable to "Northome School - Jeffery Roosdett" and sent to her and ask her if it is done this way will the money be credited to his personal student account.

Does that sound right?
Thanks so much everyone!

Sounds good to me :)

ShelbyMichalek said:
Okay, So then how does this sound?
I'll call his band director and tell her that Jeffery is going to do a fundraiser for his trip through Pampered Chef. I'll ask her if the check can be made payable to "Northome School - Jeffery Roosdett" and sent to her and ask her if it is done this way will the money be credited to his personal student account.

Does that sound right?
Thanks so much everyone!

Sounds perfect :thumbup:

1. How can I help my brother fundraise for his band trip?

There are several ways you can support your brother's fundraising efforts. You can help him organize a fundraising event, such as a bake sale or car wash. You can also spread the word about his fundraising through social media or by reaching out to friends and family. Additionally, you can offer to match donations or contribute a portion of the proceeds from your own business or job.

2. What types of products can my brother sell to fundraise for his band trip?

Your brother could sell a variety of products, such as homemade baked goods, handmade crafts, or merchandise related to his band. He could also offer services, like yard work or pet sitting, in exchange for donations. Another option is to partner with a company for a product fundraiser, such as selling Pampered Chef products.

3. How can my brother keep track of donations and sales for his fundraiser?

There are several tools your brother can use to keep track of donations and sales. He can create a spreadsheet to record all incoming donations and expenses. He can also use a fundraising app, like Fundly or Qgiv, to track donations and share updates with donors. If he is selling products, he can use a sales tracking sheet or app to keep track of inventory and sales.

4. Are there any legal or safety concerns my brother should be aware of when fundraising?

Yes, it is important for your brother to follow all local laws and regulations when fundraising. He should also consider any potential safety concerns, such as selling door-to-door or handling money. It may be a good idea for him to have an adult supervise or assist with the fundraising activities.

5. How can my brother make his fundraising efforts more successful?

To make his fundraising efforts more successful, your brother should have a clear goal and communicate it to potential donors. He should also make sure to thank donors for their contributions and keep them updated on the progress of the fundraiser. Additionally, offering incentives, such as a raffle or prize for top donors, can help motivate people to donate. Lastly, utilizing social media and other forms of communication to spread the word about the fundraiser can also help increase its success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• adriennegskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • PCCHeather0506
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Lauradorable