• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Explain All You Have to Offer to Everyone!

In summary, a coworker sent out an email about her son's upcoming expensive class trip and a fundraiser she is doing through Pampered Chef to raise money. The coworker will receive 25% of all sales and it is not a Pampered Chef party, but a fundraiser for the middle school. Another consultant who is also a coworker was upset that she was not chosen for the fundraiser and expressed her frustration in a joking manner. The consultant also shares her experience with similar situations and apologizes for any awkwardness caused. Another coworker asks for clarification on fundraisers and it is explained that the money goes to the organization but is divided among the individuals based on their sales. It is suggested that the consultant may not have realized she
Lauradorable
I just got this e-mail from a coworker - someone who has been a HOST of mine in the past.

"Hello all!

Next year when my son goes to 8th grade he has a big class trip to Washington DC and Philadelphia. This is quite an expensive trip, therefore he is raising money now through a fundraiser. It's Pampered Chef, which we all know and love - and makes a great gift too!

Caleb will get 25% of all his sales. This goes directly to him, not into a general fund which is great for me seeing how I am a single momma!

I have a catalog here at my desk or can bring one to you. Again, this is a fundraiser for the middle school - it's not a Pampered Chef Party...so Laura, don't worry - I'm not cheating on you with another consultant!"

URGH! Yes, you are "cheating." I sent her back a kind of jokey note that included: "Even if I donated all of my commissions to Caleb, which it looks like is happening, total sales could have helped with my sales goals, credit towards trips, and can affect my monthly commissions. So next time do the fundraiser through me :) "

I know it is up to me to educate my hosts/customers on ALL of the services I provide. Maybe she thought I don't do fundraisers? And not be grouchy about it. I'm just angry that she e-mailed about a dozen people we work with and a. included me (no, sweetie, I won't be purchasing from your Pampered Chef show) and then b. Called me out by full name in front of everyone so now they all know it could be awkward.

This is a reminder for us all. So sorry it was at your expense. Thanks for sharing.

Laura,

I'm so sorry this happened to you; and it is a wake up reminder for all of us. But it also may not have been your hosts decision though. I had two similar situations last year - 1 a school fundraiser and another a vendor fair. Previous hosts/customers of mine recommended me for both events. However, the individuals in charge of the school fundraisers/fairs (PTA/Planning Committees) already had other PC reps in mind that they had worked with in the past or were friends with and they selected them instead. Once again, I'm so sorry that this happened to you. :(

I'm new, so forgive me if this sounds dumb. I thought you could only do fundraisers for groups & organizations, not individuals. This sounds like it's for an individual. Could someone enlighten me on fundraisers, please? I'd love to do some for our scout troop but reading CC, it sounds like the money goes to the troop as a whole and not to the individual scout. And 25%? How is that possible?

Thanks!
Jen

I do a fundraiser for a school group. The check goes to the organization...the school class...but the teacher divides the money based on the sales of each child. Therefore the child would get the 15% of their sales...makes the kids work because they know they won't get money other kids worked for.

Sounds like the consultant is also giving 10% of her commission. I don't do that, but I give the top seller an extra $50. I also have the show sent to my house and I bag each customers items and group them according to the seller and then deliver them to the school.

Maybe that consultant is doing a fundraiser for the school, but each kid gets their own funds? That's what I do, so the parents usually just say "Jake is doing a fundraiser with PC" rather than "the school is doing a PC fundraiser". Even so, it's a bit OUCH but maybe she didn't realize she didn't have to go through that consultant to take part in the overall fundraiser?

If it's a school fundraiser put together by the head of the class and they chose the consultant, then your friend didn't really have a "choice" of using you. She is just doing what every other parent is doing and trying to raise enough money to not have to pay for this trip out of pocket. I think she was probably meaning to let you know what was going on by sending you the email and trying to keep it from being weird for everyone else by letting them know this wasn't something she chose but it was given to her. It is tough when that happens. Sorry you had to deal with it.

(((hugs))) Even if the school told her this is what everyone was doing, she could have at least had the courtesy to come & speak to you about it first. She could go with you and not the other consultant.

skobch said:
I'm new, so forgive me if this sounds dumb. I thought you could only do fundraisers for groups & organizations, not individuals. This sounds like it's for an individual. Could someone enlighten me on fundraisers, please? I'd love to do some for our scout troop but reading CC, it sounds like the money goes to the troop as a whole and not to the individual scout. And 25%? How is that possible?

Thanks!
Jen

Jen, some consultants offer their commission. I only do it for one group a month, and it's first come, first served ... but I give the groups an option. 1) Go the Pampered Chef route (10%-15% based on the show sales & the organizer gets something off the host flyer at 60% off as a "thank you" for organizing the event. They also get $3(?) from Pampered Chef for every booking. 2) I enter it as a Catalog Show with me as the host, I get to keep all the host benefits earned (how I obtain items that I later donate for door prize drawings, silent auctions, etc) and they get a flat 20% out of my paycheck. And I donate $10 for every booking once the booking closes! They don't get it up front, it's after each show, I'll give them an additional $10. So far, every group prefers option #2. But like I said, I can't afford to do it for multiple groups each month, so if I already have a group this month, I only tell them about the PC option. On RARE occasions, I might tell them about option #2 and let them wait until an open month.

But remember, higher levels make up to 31% commission a month. So 25% is more feasible for those who make a higher commission.

Great ideas, Sheila! If I believe in the organization, I've offered an additional 10% to a traditional fundraiser and $7 more for each booking held. I had not considered offering 20% for the freebies, though! I've also offered increased percentages from my paycheck when pitching to a larger group...no takers yet, but maybe one day!

In the end people have a choice of who they want to work with, BUT, if she is a friend, she certainly should have come to you first instead of sending out that tacky email. I have been invited to PC fundraisers, too, by people I thought knew what I do. Its just one of those "bless and release" things. I know there was a local school fundraiser where the PC Consultant was part of the PTA so I get that.

Sheila, how do you present the different options to them? I'm trying to figure out how to word it without it sounding like I am greedy!!!
Sheila said:
(((hugs))) Even if the school told her this is what everyone was doing, she could have at least had the courtesy to come & speak to you about it first. She could go with you and not the other consultant.Jen, some consultants offer their commission. I only do it for one group a month, and it's first come, first served ... but I give the groups an option. 1) Go the Pampered Chef route (10%-15% based on the show sales & the organizer gets something off the host flyer at 60% off as a "thank you" for organizing the event. They also get $3(?) from Pampered Chef for every booking. 2) I enter it as a Catalog Show with me as the host, I get to keep all the host benefits earned (how I obtain items that I later donate for door prize drawings, silent auctions, etc) and they get a flat 20% out of my paycheck. And I donate $10 for every booking once the booking closes! They don't get it up front, it's after each show, I'll give them an additional $10. So far, every group prefers option #2. But like I said, I can't afford to do it for multiple groups each month, so if I already have a group this month, I only tell them about the PC option. On RARE occasions, I might tell them about option #2 and let them wait until an open month.But remember, higher levels make up to 31% commission a month. So 25% is more feasible for those who make a higher commission.

What products does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen tools and cookware, including knives, cookware sets, baking dishes, utensils, and specialty kitchen gadgets.

What is the Pampered Chef business model?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company, which means our products are sold through independent consultants who host parties and events to demonstrate and sell our products.

Can anyone become a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, anyone can become a Pampered Chef consultant! We welcome individuals who are passionate about cooking and want to share our products with others. Our consultants receive training and support to help them succeed in their business.

Do Pampered Chef products come with a warranty?

Yes, all of our products come with a satisfaction guarantee and a limited lifetime warranty. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will replace it or offer a refund.

How can I purchase Pampered Chef products?

You can purchase Pampered Chef products through a party or event hosted by a consultant, or directly through our website. You can also host your own Pampered Chef party and earn free products and discounts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary
  • beckysuem
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lkhartmann
  • jcsmilez