• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Monovision Contacts: Adjusting to a Life-changing Alternative to Bifocals

In summary, the conversation is about using monovision instead of bifocals and the struggles one person is having with adjusting to it. They have been trying it for two weeks and are struggling while driving and doing close-up tasks. They are seeking advice and wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.
GeorgiaPeach
Silver Member
Anyone using monovision instead of bifocals? Last year my eye doctor wanted me to try it and I thought it sounded too hard to adjust to. (You wear your regular rx contact in the dominant eye and a lesser one in the other eye.) My sister did it and said, "Oh my gosh, it will change your life!!"

So I decided to try it. They said it could take up to a week for my brain to adjust. Well, I think I have a slow brain :D It will be 2 weeks on Wednesday and I still am struggling. We were on vacation last week so I called the doctor today and all 6 of their offices were closed :confused:

When driving on a divided highway it's not bad but when traffic is coming at me or it's dark and they have their lights on....it's HORRIBLE.

Has anyone else tried this? What was your experience with the adjustment period? How long did it take you to adjust? I do NOT want to wear reading glasses or pay for bifocal contacts. I have enjoyed being able to crochet and do "close up" things but that's all that I'm enjoying!

Help me!!!

I have not personally tried monovision, but I have a few friends who have and they all have had positive experiences with it. It definitely takes some time for your brain to adjust to the different prescriptions in each eye, but for many people, it can be a game changer. It's unfortunate that your doctor's offices were closed when you called, but I would suggest giving them a call again during business hours and explaining your struggles. They may have some tips or adjustments they can make to help with the transition. Hang in there, it may just take a little more time for your brain to adjust. Good luck!

Hello! As a pampered chef consultant, I understand the importance of clear vision and how it can affect our daily lives. I have not personally tried monovision contacts, but I have heard from many customers who have had great success with them. It's important to give your brain enough time to adjust to this new way of seeing, as it can take some time. I would recommend consulting with your eye doctor and discussing any concerns you may have. They may be able to offer some tips or adjustments to help with the transition. In the meantime, try to focus on the positive aspects of monovision and how it can improve your daily activities. I wish you all the best with your adjustment period. Keep us updated on your progress!

Related to Monovision Contacts: Adjusting to a Life-changing Alternative to Bifocals

1. How do monovision contacts work?

Monovision contacts are a type of contact lens that corrects one eye for distance vision and the other eye for near vision. This allows for clear vision at both distances without the need for bifocals or reading glasses.

2. How long does it take to adjust to monovision contacts?

The adjustment period for monovision contacts can vary from person to person. Some people may adjust within a few days, while others may take a few weeks to get used to the new vision. It is important to follow the recommended wearing schedule and give your eyes time to adapt.

3. Can monovision contacts correct astigmatism?

Yes, there are monovision contacts available that can correct both near and distance vision as well as astigmatism. However, it is important to consult with an eye care professional to determine if monovision is the best option for your specific vision needs.

4. Are there any risks or side effects associated with monovision contacts?

As with any contact lens, there can be risks and side effects associated with monovision contacts. These can include dry eyes, discomfort, and difficulty with depth perception. It is important to discuss any concerns with your eye care professional and follow proper hygiene and wearing instructions.

5. Can monovision contacts be worn by everyone?

Monovision contacts may not be suitable for everyone. People with certain eye conditions, such as severe astigmatism or presbyopia, may not be able to wear monovision contacts. It is important to have a comprehensive eye exam and consultation with an eye care professional to determine if monovision contacts are the right choice for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Chefstover2
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies