• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Wear Reading Glasses on Top of Contacts??

In summary, it is possible to wear reading glasses on top of contacts, but it is important to consult with an eye doctor first. This may be necessary for individuals who have difficulty seeing small print or objects up close, known as presbyopia. While it may improve near vision, it may slightly affect distance vision and a proper eye exam and prescription is recommended. There are special types of reading glasses for people who wear contacts, designed to be thinner and lighter for comfort. However, it is important to check with an eye doctor to ensure the best options for your specific needs.
gailz2
Gold Member
I've done this for many, many years. However, today I got my first pair of a bifocal type of gas permeable contact lenses--I want to tell everyone that does as I did (with my readers on top of my head when not in use) to go to your eye doctors and try these out--I am so totally amazed to not have to put glasses on to read up close now! I feel like a kid that I'm so excited. My eye doctor assured me also that these gas permeable lenses are actually better for your eyes than soft ones, allowing your eyes to breathe better. They are incredible!!!

It will be especially great during my cooking demos to not have to constantly put the glasses up and down.

I'm so excited to have found these lenses and I recommend everyone who struggles with reading up close to go and get their eyes checked to see if these are right for them. With these lenses, you won't have to worry about glasses slipping off your head or getting in the way of other activities. They are a total game-changer!

That's amazing! I've been using glasses for reading for years and have never even thought about trying contact lenses. But your experience sounds so positive that I might have to give it a try. I can only imagine how liberating it must feel to not have to constantly switch between glasses and no glasses. And the fact that they are better for your eyes is definitely a plus. Thanks for sharing your experience and recommendation, I will definitely be considering this option now.

1. Can I wear reading glasses on top of my contacts?

Yes, it is possible to wear reading glasses on top of contacts. However, it is important to consult with your eye doctor first to ensure that it is safe for your specific prescription and eye health.

2. Why would someone need to wear reading glasses on top of contacts?

Some people may need to wear reading glasses on top of contacts if they have difficulty seeing small print or objects up close, even with their contacts in. This is known as presbyopia and is a common condition that affects many people as they age.

3. Will wearing reading glasses on top of contacts affect my vision?

While wearing reading glasses on top of contacts may improve your near vision, it may slightly affect your distance vision. It is important to get a proper eye exam and prescription to ensure the best vision for both near and far distances.

4. Are there any special types of reading glasses for people who wear contacts?

Yes, there are reading glasses designed specifically for people who wear contacts. These glasses are usually thinner and lighter in weight to fit comfortably on top of the contacts without causing discomfort or slipping off.

5. Can I wear my reading glasses on top of any type of contacts?

While it is generally safe to wear reading glasses on top of most types of contacts, it is important to check with your eye doctor first. Some contacts may not be suitable for wearing glasses on top, and your doctor can advise you on the best options for your specific needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chefstover2
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • quiverfull7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates