• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Monies Lost in Mail, What to Do?

In summary, the host mailed money to the guest last week but the guest has not received it yet. The host said the money was in cash and 2 checks. The host asks the guest to contact her if they can get the money out of the host and the guest says the host should repay the $91. The host should contact the guests who wrote checks to ask them to re-write them.
jenpartain
Silver Member
Hi, my host mailed me some monies in the mail last week and I have not gotten it yet. She said she had $91 cash in it and 2 checks. I was disappointed that she put cash in it. But anyways, what would you do if you never got the monies in the mail from the host? Should the host pay what is lost? For checks, should the host contact the customer about the checks or should I?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

she put cash in the mail? No wonder it's lost!!

I always ask for ONE check from the host or a CC or Debit # to close. That's it.

I am going to say that since she was the one who risked putting CASH in the mail (who does that??!), she is responsible. As for the checks that never made it, whoever wrote them should be able to re-issue them. I have people mail me checks all the time and I have yet to have a problem, but I'm sure it will happen one day...I had one host mail me a blank signed check because she didn't know her total!! And she's an accountant! I was shocked!

Not to sound terrible - but haven't you heard "the checks in the mail"

Teresa I was thinking the same thing. When I worked for the cable company I heard the same thing all of the time. Because there is no way to trace cash the cutomer would have to repay it. I think the host should have to repay the $91. Who would put that kind of cash in the mail?

If it were one of my good customers/hosts, and the amount was small, I'd probably just cover it, but this is obviously over $100. Since the host put cash in the mail (a violation of USPS policy, I believe), she is responsible for the loss. She should also be the one to contact the people who wrote checks. After all, they are her friends, co-workers, or whatever.

I usually tend to be very optimistic and try my best to always give people the benefit of the doubt. However, Teresa has a good point. Not everyone is honest. This is part of the reason I try to close all of my shows in person. Of course, I also think the personal contact cements the relationship between me and the host.

Anyway, let us know what you decide.

funny lost check storyI had a check that was lost in the mail when I first started. The host gave me cash so I could submit and got another check from the guest. Well, about 2 months later I was moving the rug in my two year old son's room and there was a pink envelope under it. I opened it and there was the check!!! :eek: Apparently he had gotten the mail off our bar and put it under there! I guess he liked the colorful envelope! I called the guest and host to tell them! The guest was glad I found it and glad she had decided not to chew her mailman out!!

I think in this case the hose should be responsible for the cash and the guest could re-write their check. I would have the host call to ask them to re-write them since she was the one who lost them. Hopefully, she put her return address on there and they will make there way back to her eventually.

Yes, I've heard of checks and apparently the host haven't. She's kinda airhead though. I've already emailed the host to ask her to cover the lost cash which is $91 and asked her to ask the other 2 guests to rewrite checks. I haven't heard back from her yet.

Thank you all for your help.

Call your customers!!Hopefully your customers have all filled out their order forms with phone numbers so you can contact them. Let them know the situation and if anyone can get the money out of the host it will be them.
I know I would get the person who lost my cash to reimburse me so I could get my products!!
YEs only an airhead would mail cash but still that is not an excuse to lose other people's hard earned money.
I think that after contacting your customers, you should contact the host and let her know that you contacted them so that they would know what the delay was in getting them their products. I'm sure if she was not being honest or even if she was and was just dumb, she will cough up the money to save face. Make her accountable to her guests!!!

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if she ever gets back to you.
Debbie

OH WOW that I have not incountered yet........ I would think someone would be a lot smarter than putting cash in the mail talk about an airhead...... what in the world was she thinking or nto thinking as the case maybe. I hope that her guest dont'get to upset at her. and Why did she mail it to you, does she live that far away from you that she couldn't meet you some place and give it to you?

It was returned back to the host, had yellow tab on it as undelieverable and unable to forward. I am puzzled by that. We talked on the telephone just few minutes ago, she had the correct address but I'm so relieved it's found. Yes, the host lives about 3 hours away from me, that's why she mailed it to me. She's going to write a check for $91 and keep the cash and mail it again to me in the morning with another checks as well. Gosh! I'm so relieved! Thank you all!

What a relief that is.

Whewww that was a close one ~~~!!!!!

That's great that it's sorted out now. Hope you get it closed soon!

Who mails cash?? Some people!!

Last fall I had a whole catalog show of orders and checks lost in the mail. Still has never shown up. Luckily host made coppies of orders. Most re wrote checks. Had to compensate one gal a bit. She had to pay over $30.00 for stop payment. Only 1 person said forget it on their order. This was a major pain and the host was totally pissed at me???? Luckily her sister who she had booked from totally understood and just did 2nd show with me. She is an awesome gal!

Sadly I have to admit that I am someone who says that I mailed something when I haven't done it yet. Shhh...don't tell anyone! "Confessions of a Pampered Chef Consultant"

Wow! Glad you had a happy ending. Thanks for letting us know what happened.

1. What should I do if my order from Pampered Chef gets lost in the mail?

If your order from Pampered Chef gets lost in the mail, the first step is to contact our customer service team. They will work with you to track your package and determine the next course of action. In most cases, we will either resend your order or issue a refund.

2. Will I be reimbursed for the cost of my order if it gets lost in the mail?

Yes, if your order from Pampered Chef gets lost in the mail, you will be reimbursed for the full cost of your order. Our customer service team will work with you to determine the best course of action, whether it is resending your order or issuing a refund.

3. How long does it take to receive a refund for a lost package?

The timeframe for receiving a refund for a lost package can vary depending on the specific circumstances. Our customer service team will work quickly to resolve the issue and provide you with a refund as soon as possible.

4. What if my order from Pampered Chef was marked as delivered, but I never received it?

If your order from Pampered Chef was marked as delivered, but you never received it, please contact our customer service team immediately. We will work with you to track your package and determine the next steps to resolve the issue.

5. Can I get a replacement for a lost package instead of a refund?

In most cases, we will offer a replacement for a lost package rather than a refund. However, this will depend on the availability of the product and the specific circumstances of the lost package. Our customer service team will work with you to determine the best resolution for your situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • babywings76