• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

forThose Who Mail Invites - Who Pays Postage?

is only 14 people. I encourage my hosts to invite as many people as possible, and I also send out the invitation for free. I do not do the evites. I also would not put the host's name on the invitation.
ChefJoyJ
I decided to be proactive with my business and that I would mail the invites for my hosts, for a variety of reasons. One of the main reasons was that I could be assured that they actually went out...and also that I would know how many went out. I was reading a thread where someone said that they pay for the postage only if the host supplies 40+ names. That got me thinking - for those of you who mail the invites for your hosts, who pays the postage? Do you? Do they? Do many of you do the 40+ thing? My host for Feb. 10 only gave me 13 names...and that was after me hounding her for her list! She's going to get me some more tonight, but I don't see her inviting more than 20-25. So...that's what got me thinking about the 40+ postage thing. But...how do you tell a host that unless they provide 40 complete addresses, they will have to pay for postage?

Joy,

I might sound like a broken record as I think I have already posted this elsewhere at least 2-3 times. But here it goes...

I charge a flat fee for my shows of $25. $10 for postage and $15 for food. My hosts have never complained about this charge. They love that they don't have to mail their invitations and that they don't have to do the shopping.:D

So if my host is paying $10 for 5 invites or 60 invites they usually try to come up with as many as they can think of. I found that before I did this some of my hosts would mention that they didn't mail as many as they would have liked to because of the cost. So this go my wheels spinning and you better watch out when they spin!;)

So far I pay for the postage - it's a deduction for me and it insures that their invites go out. I don't require they get 40 folks on their list... it's their show. I do encourage them to invite a lot of folks and have their folks invite too. I recently had my best show so far by mailing out about 25 invites for my host. Only 4 folks on her list showed, however, one brought 5 more guests! She collected outside orders and made it a great show.

I pay the postage, but ~ I ask my hosts to supply me with all the email addresses that they have. This way I can send a FREE evite and then am also able to track who is/ isn't coming. :chef:

Last edited:
I pay the postage. I encourage my hosts to give me as many names and addresses as possible, I don't require a minimum number of names, and I don't give them bonuses for more names. (I do give bonuses for great shows though.) I do not do the evites for them, I add them to my PWS and send them the link and let them do that part. It works for me.

I just pay the postage as well. I feel a bit weird asking them for the money back for some reason. I do however make sure that I tell them that I will send the invites and take care of the postage. I want to make sure they know that I am providing this service and covering the cost.

pamperedlinda said:
I pay the postage. I encourage my hosts to give me as many names and addresses as possible, I don't require a minimum number of names, and I don't give them bonuses for more names. (I do give bonuses for great shows though.) I do not do the evites for them, I add them to my PWS and send them the link and let them do that part. It works for me.

Ditto. At the show, when I'm thanking the host, I tell the guests that as a personal thank you I send the invitations and pay for the postage...

I pay for the postage & mail the invites too. I would feel bad asking the host to pay me for it - I didn't realize anyone did that. Does anyone else have their host pay them to mail their invites? I also don't make them pay me for the food. Both are a tax write off & I pick the correct items I need for the recipes. Plus if you buy right & in larger qtys it doesn't cost $15 for most recipes.

I pay the postage for my invites also. I don't require 40 names - I do coach them to give me as many as possible - but hey, my show avg this month was $682, and the avg. # of names I received was 25.

My host mail and pay for them. That is not an expense at this time I think I can take on.

kaseydee said:
I pay for the postage & mail the invites too. I would feel bad asking the host to pay me for it - I didn't realize anyone did that. Does anyone else have their host pay them to mail their invites? I also don't make them pay me for the food. Both are a tax write off & I pick the correct items I need for the recipes. Plus if you buy right & in larger qtys it doesn't cost $15 for most recipes.

Why wouldn't you save yourself the expense for the food when the PC gives them $15 extra dollars in free products?

Just to give you an idea, if I bought all food and payed for all postage, last year I would have spent at least $1500 on food and at least $1000 on postage. I did almost 100 shows last year! So, while I love my hosts dearly and I appreciate them, I can find much better ways to spend that $2500+!

Many of the Directors I know with have their hosts pay the postage and for the groceries. I am just offering the service to save them time and $$.

When I first started 5 yrs ago it was hardly heard of to have someone mail the invites for the hosts and I personally didn't ever hear of anyone buying the groceries. As a matter of fact, when I told my Director I was now shopping for my hosts, she said I was crazy:D and she would never do that. Well guess what she does now....;).

I understand that it is a tax write off, but in the end you get much more $$ by just saving yourself the $$. IMHO

I have my hosts pay for postage. They send me a check along with their list. I haven't had anyone argue with me. I make them buy their own food most of the time. I'll bring an ingredient here or there if it's something I have and I know they don't keep it on hand--like the Dijon mustard for the baked Brie.

DebbieJ said:
I have my hosts pay for postage. They send me a check along with their list. I haven't had anyone argue with me. I make them buy their own food most of the time. I'll bring an ingredient here or there if it's something I have and I know they don't keep it on hand--like the Dijon mustard for the baked Brie.

What do you say when you tell them that you'll mail the invites, but need them to pay for the postage? What phrasing do you use?? :confused:

I've done it both ways. I've also said, have a $500 show and I'll pay the postage. If you want them to pay...I send out the invitations for my hosts. Pampered Chef pays you for the postage with an extra $15 in free product, but I like to pamper you by mailing them so you don't have to remember when to send them or take time to fill them out. When you send your list, you can just include a check for the postage (24 cents per address).Something like that so that they know that they really ARE being reimbursed and that it's intended to make their life easier??

I just started last October, and I pay the postage for my hosts. I give them a shopping list and ask them to call me if they have questions on the products to buy, but I pay to mail the invites as a service to my hosts. I don't require any certain number of guests...it doesn't seem to matter in my shows. I had one lady invite over 50 people and barely break $300 and another lady invite 28 guests and have over an $800 show! I just coach them to get as many orders from those they invite...and some work harder than others! :) Anyhow, the postage is a write off, and I believe it has already saved me a couple shows that probably would have wound up cancelled if I hadn't mailed...so the postage is worth it to me!

ChefJoyJ said:
What do you say when you tell them that you'll mail the invites, but need them to pay for the postage? What phrasing do you use?? :confused:
I give them this and explain it to them very matter of factly when I hand them their packet at shows or tell them over the phone. It's part of how I run my business. I play up how easy it is for them that I am doing the "work" of sending them. Sometimes they don't include a check and I don't ask for one in that case, I just write it off.

Attachments

• Guest list mailerv2.doc
    51.5 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
Wow Deb that is a great letter. Straight and to the point.

DebbieJ said:
I give them this and explain it to them very matter of factly when I hand them their packet at shows or tell them over the phone. It's part of how I run my business. I play up how easy it is for them that I am doing the "work" of sending them. Sometimes they don't include a check and I don't ask for one in that case, I just write it off.
Deb~

I am totally borrowing that letter! I LOVE IT!! Thank you sooo much for posting it!

I will make a change...they can return a check to me for the postage, but I am going to keep letting them know that if they have a $1,000 show (which I will coach them to get) that I will shred the check! (I have been offering this for a while now, and it is working!)

I also pay for postage, but have been debating on whether or not I want to start having them reimburse me...
I let them do the shopping; like Deb I offer to bring things that they won't use the rest of.

lacychef said:
I also pay for postage, but have been debating on whether or not I want to start having them reimburse me...
I let them do the shopping; like Deb I offer to bring things that they won't use the rest of.
This is what I do too - alot of what I bring are condiments, and parm. cheese.

I offer $5.00 off postage if I get guest list by specified date and FREE postage with a $500.00 show!! Most of my shows hit $500.00, it's amazing!! I do not give them the option of sending their invites!

ChefBeckyD said:
This is what I do too - alot of what I bring are condiments, and parm. cheese.

Exactly. I always joke that my refrigerator is full of condiments and no real food. How many types of mustard can one have? :D

DebbieJ said:
Exactly. I always joke that my refrigerator is full of condiments and no real food. How many types of mustard can one have? :D
LOL! I often call myself the Queen of Condiments! For some reason, I can't resist them! One day I counted and I think I had 10 different kinds of vinegar!:eek: Not to mention mustards, mayos, relishes,salad dressings,jams, jellies, sauces, oils, marinades......:D :D

1. Who is responsible for paying postage for mailed invitations?

The host or sender of the invitations is typically responsible for paying for postage. This is a common courtesy and allows the invited guests to attend the event without any extra expenses.

2. How much postage is needed for mailed invitations?

The amount of postage needed will depend on the weight and size of the invitations, as well as the location they are being mailed to. It is best to take a sample invitation to the post office to have it weighed and determine the exact postage needed.

3. Can I use regular stamps for my invitations?

Yes, regular stamps can be used for invitations as long as they cover the necessary postage amount. However, if your invitations are bulky or require extra postage, it may be more convenient to use postage stamps that are specifically designed for larger envelopes.

4. What if I am sending invitations internationally?

If you are sending invitations internationally, you will need to use international postage stamps or have the invitations weighed and purchase the necessary postage at the post office. It is important to factor in the added cost and time for international mailing when planning your invitations.

5. Can I hand-deliver invitations instead of mailing them?

Yes, hand-delivering invitations can be a more personal and cost-effective option. However, if the event has a large number of guests or if the guests live far apart, mailing may be the more practical choice. It is important to consider the time and effort it will take to hand-deliver all the invitations before making a decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies