• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Monavie: A Review of the Popular Anti-Oxidant Drink

I add it to the banana/chocolate smoothie recipe that I posted on here. It's about $11.50/jar which has 30 servings, so it's not too bad.In summary, the conversation was mainly about a health supplement called Xango, which is based on the Mangosteen fruit, and its benefits. Some people have tried it and found it helpful, while others think it is overpriced and not worth the money. Others prefer to get their antioxidants from other sources, such as the Acai berry or a blend of juices. There was also discussion about different recipes for smoothies and which ingredients work well together. Overall, opinions on Xango were mixed, with some people
SilverCeladon
It's that DS business that sells some anti-oxidant drink that looks like a wine bottle. I've heard that it does work to make you feel better. I want to try some to see if I like it but it's so expensive! Have any cheffers tried it?

It's a copy of Xango, the original.

Not worth the money.

I'm not entirely sure one way of the other. I'm still researching the benefits of Xango.

My parents use it an it seems to help them with energy and clarity in their thinking!

My parents do it and love it. i snag a bottle when I feel run down or am getting a cold. works but it an expensive thing to buy every month.

LOVE IT!! The Acai berry is amazing...MANY Benefits...it is expensive but has alot of health benefits..

I've heard of Xango! Is Xango cheaper?

Xango & MonAvie aren't the same thing.

Xango is based on the Mangosteen Fruit, and MonAvie is based on the Acai Berry. So you can't really compare the 2. I get frozen Acai pulp from my local health food store - it's really good in smoothies.

Dr. Perricone (for those of you who watch Oprah) says Acai is the #1 best food for you!

ChefBeckyD said:
Dr. Perricone (for those of you who watch Oprah) says Acai is the #1 best food for you!

Yeah, he also said if I started drinking green tea -- and didn't change anything else -- I'd lose 10lbs. :grumpy: It didn't happen. I'm back on my coffee.

I have seens a dozen or so moms at school sign up for and then quit selling MonaVie. It seems like one of those Amway type schemes where you have to buy a certain amoutn each month...

dannyzmom said:
I have seens a dozen or so moms at school sign up for and then quit selling MonaVie. It seems like one of those Amway type schemes where you have to buy a certain amoutn each month...

I get the same feeling. I don't want to buy a bottle...I just want a sip! And if I like the taste I might buy one. I can't chug something down (or don't want to) if it taste's like doo doo.

I am in a DS networking group and we have a gal who sells it and I think it is overpriced and Nasty :( Just my opinion though.

My chiropractor started selling Pharmanex G3
http://www.planetpapp.com/g3superfruitjuiceblend/

It's compared to those drinks out there but the benefit of taking this blend of juice is there is a scanner that scans the tissue in your hand and it'll tell you where your anti oxidant level is at. So, if you start taking the lifepak vitamins and such, you get re-scanned 60 days later and if your score hasn't improved, you get your $ back. I've seen a huge difference in our patients and the G3 looks SO gross (looks like a bloody mary or V8) but actually tastes good. You take 1 oz twice a day!

ChefBeckyD said:
Xango & MonAvie aren't the same thing.Xango is based on the Mangosteen Fruit, and MonAvie is based on the Acai Berry.* So you can't really compare the 2.* I get frozen Acai pulp from my local health food store - it's really good in smoothies.Dr. Perricone (for those of you who watch Oprah) says Acai is the #1 best food for you!
I love to make smoothies in my Magic Bullet.* Are there recipes you use or particular fruits it goes well with?

Chef Endora said:
I love to make smoothies in my Magic Bullet.* Are there recipes you use or particular fruits it goes well with?
Well, for what it's worth - here are 2 of my favorite "formulas"

I use:
1 frozen banana, sliced (half of one if it's large),
about 1/2 cup of plain yogurt,
1/3 pkg of the frozen acai pulp
a couple handfuls of frozen fruit (any kind of berry, cherries, peaches, mango...)
1 heaping Tbls. of ground flax
2 teas. of Udo's oil (it's an omega 3-6-9 blend)
1 Tbls. Vanilla Rice Protein Powder
Juice (whatever is in the fridge) to cover, and blend. (I don't have a Magic Bullet, but I use an Immersion Blender)

OR

1 Frozen banana
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 heaping Tbls. of Almond Butter
1 heaping Tbls. of ground flax
2 teas. Udo's Oil
1 Tbls. Vanilla or Chocolate Rice Protein Powder
Couple Shakes of Cinnamon
Rice Milk to cover, and blend!

Thanks, Becky!

I don't know about the protein powder. Does it taste icky? I was adding plain protein powder to smoothies last year & ended up dumping them.:yuck:

Chef Endora said:
Thanks, Becky!

I don't know about the protein powder. Does it taste icky? I was adding plain protein powder to smoothies last year & ended up dumping them.:yuck:
I use Nutribiotics Rice Protein Powder in Vanilla and Chocolate (no sugar or sweeteners added though) - I don't like the texture by itself, but I like it in smoothies. The Health Food Store I go to has sample one-size servings that I tried first before I bought the big containers.

All I know is, it was going to cost me $600 a month for my family (4)...too expensive.

Thanks Becky....maybe I'll get brave again:rolleyes:

Yes, there are a lot of fruit juices out there that claim to have many health benefits. The majority, if not all, do have many beneficial properties. There is Tahitian Noni, Xango, Genesis, Pharmanex, FruitaVie, Sambazon, MonaVie and many more.

My family and I have tasted/taken at least 3 of the previously mentioned in the past and currently we've been enjoying MonaVie.

It is a blend of 19 fruits from the four corners of the world including the Acai (pronounced "Ah-sigh-ee"). Yes, it is an expensive beverage, but like any Warehouse Membership (Costco, Sams, etc.), you can get it much cheaper when you join.

Don't get me wrong, I was a big skeptic when I first heard of it, but I started doing A LOT of research on it. For one I found out that it isn't just a new fad drink. The juice is packed with lots of antioxidants and phytonutrients. The acai alone has more antioxidants than pomegranates, cranberries and red grapes. In fact many celebrities and athletes are drinking it. The acai has been called the "#1 Superfood in the world". It is recommended that you take 2oz in the morning and 2 oz in the evening, but you can always take more or less, whatever you prefer.

4oz of Monavie has the nutritional value of 13 portions of fruits and vegetable. You might think it would be better to just consume the recommended 5-9 portions of fruits and veggies, but who in reality does? Very few, I know. For one, it can get expensive to purchase so many fruits and veggies for the whole family (especially organic) to meet our daily requirement , it's time consuming to buy, wash, peel, cook or eat in a timely manner so they won't go bad.

In reality, whatever you decide to drink to supplement your diet is better than not supplementing it at all. In todays age, where everything around us seems to do more harm than good, to me it is well worth a couple of dollars a day.

Here is a link you can follow to see what everyone is saying about MonaVie...

http://www.realhealthanswers.com

To your health!

With the economy it is today...I can't afford an extra $600 a month (no joke, that's what it would cost me) for my family (4). It may have all the benefits...but WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too expensive!

Just give me some chocolate......please!

or my glass of red wine!!! OR BOTH!

A lady who placed an order with me sells this stuff. She wanted me to sign up under her. I can only handle one DS at a time. LOL Anyway, I tried it and thought it was nasty. Plus I believe the ingredients said something about some kind of shell fish ingredient so those with allergies need to be careful. Plus, I think it's nasty to drink anything to do with fish. It's just the thought of it. LOL
God bless,
Amanda

Ginny, I totally agree with you... $600 is ridiculous! I wouldn't take it either for that price, but whoever shared this with you must have been confused or misinformed. I have a family of 5 and I don't spend anywhere near that. PM me if you'd like me to explain it to you.

About the taste... some people like the taste others don't. Everyone's tastebuds are different. Two of my kids like it the youngest doesn't, but he still drinks it. The taste will vary from bottle to bottle just like one apple won't taste the same as the next. Being a blend of 19 fruits, it has a variety of flavors.

There are three different juices. The MonaVie Original which is just the 19 fruits. The MonaVie Active which has the plant derived glucosamine (NOT from shellfish) and the new MonaVie Pulse which is FDA approved to claim that it is for Cardiovascular health and it improves Cholesterol levels.

I have an FAQ about MonaVie that I wouldn't mind sharing with you guys. Let me know, and I'll email it.

Last edited:
i actually signed up for it under my neighbor because I wanted to get it at a distributor rate. From day one, I wasn't crazy about the taste and preferred Vemma (with the mangosteen) but I got used to it. However, there were a few catches that I didn't quite understand when I signed up and now I feel like I spent $40 for nothing! (reminds me of another company I tried once...I won't mention any names, but their consultants drive pink cars). I really liked the way the MonaVie made me feel, cuz I ate less and produced clearer thoughts, but with my PC calendar empty, I just can't afford to order it right now.

Thanks, but no thanks Rosa ~ BTW, my family does get a minimum of 13 fruits and vegetables a day (buying organic is not that expensive) ~ that's what I use my Vita Mix for!

I didn't care for the taste either Amanda. Of course, I'm not much of ANY kind of juice drinker since they're all too sweet for me...unless it's diluted like 4 to 1. Of course, if I diluted Monavie...defeats the purpose. I couldn't even drink the tiny cupful she (sister Director left PC for Monavie) gave me.

Jackie...I was going to guess a different company! But after you said pick cars...you're right, I forgot about that one too!

micocina said:
4oz of Monavie has the nutritional value of 13 portions of fruits and vegetable. You might think it would be better to just consume the recommended 5-9 portions of fruits and veggies, but who in reality does? Very few, I know. For one, it can get expensive to purchase so many fruits and veggies for the whole family (especially organic) to meet our daily requirement , it's time consuming to buy, wash, peel, cook or eat in a timely manner so they won't go bad.

Thanks for the offer to PM you Rosa, but no thanks. My family does get the required fruits and vegetables...That's what my Vita Mix is for! No peeling...just wash and blend...love it! Plus MUCH cheaper than Monavie.

jesusluvsu2005 said:
Anyway, I tried it and thought it was nasty.

It definitely was not my favorite either...especially for that price.

linojackie said:
However, there were a few catches that I didn't quite understand when I signed up and now I feel like I spent $40 for nothing! (reminds me of another company I tried once...I won't mention any names, but their consultants drive pink cars).

LOL I thought you were talking about another company...but "pink" gave it away!

Your welcome, Ginny. I love my Vita Mix as well. It's been one of my best investments!

Take care!

I haven't tried Monavie. Xango tastes good (to me) and while I was taking it was able to quit taking my naproxen (for fibromyalgia pain). However, circumstances changed and I don't get it any more.

Ann,

I'm sorry to hear about your pain. My mother was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia earlier this year and her meds were not helping much. She was knocked out most of the time. MonaVie has been really helping her with the stiffness and pain she gets on her shoulders and neck area.

Hopefully your circumstances will change for the better and allow you to continue drinking Xango. I truly believe in the antioxidants in ALL products.

God Bless!

Thank you, Rosa. My condition isn't nearly as bad as the other people I hear about. However, my Sr Dr simply cannot understand why I can't do back-to-back shows. I've tried several times, and each time I say "Somebody PLEASE remind me I can't tolerate that!"

Ann F said:
Thank you, Rosa. My condition isn't nearly as bad as the other people I hear about. However, my Sr Dr simply cannot understand why I can't do back-to-back shows. I've tried several times, and each time I say "Somebody PLEASE remind me I can't tolerate that!"

I was diagnosed with Fibro about 8 years ago....and only last year learned that isn't what it was at all....I have Lyme's Disease. The Dr. who finally discovered it said that about 2/3 of the patients he sees with Lymes (it's a specialty area for him) came to him with a misdiagnosis of Fibro, or MS.

Because of the Lymes though, (which damaged internal organs and brought on a type of Chronic Fatigue) I also have to pace myself. Back to Back shows just about put me under for a week. I go to a Naturopathic Dr. who has me taking a "biosuperfood" Micro Algae supplement. It's $68 for a months supply, and it keeps me going - it's almost a miracle drug! I also have to take a natural thyroid supplement, because the Lyme's also messed with my thyroid.

So - if you haven't been checked for Lymes - ask for the blood test. It's not a routine test, and very often is never even considered. There are antibiotics and treatments that can help - but the longer it goes undiagnosed, the more damage it does internally.

I have tried Monavie and I actually like the taste. So do my 3 children! I did find that my appetite plumeted...which was SOOOO nice!!!

I can't afford to buy it either and have been extremely fortunate to buy bottles on Craigslist or ebay for about $15/bottle...and yes...they were not expired.

I have absolute NO INTEREST in becoming a distributor to get a lower purchasing rate....so please do not PM or post an offer ;)

I believe in the juice and brand....and I also believe it is totally overpriced. But with anything, the price will be driven down when the market becomes saturated with acai products.

Liquid Sky,

I'm glad you're enjoying the juice. And don't worry, I'm not pushing anything on anyone. I just offered to share the information once and if anyone wants to know more, I'm sure they'll ask.

Buy hey, congrats on getting it so cheap. I'm even going to check it out!

Becky,

I'm going to make sure we talk to my mothers doctor about Lymes Disease. Thank You very much!

To Your Health!

I have a friend who sells it, but I don't use. Some people like it, some don't, but it is too freaking expensive!

I think it tastes like prune juice - but then I'm not "drinking" it. I only take about 2 - 3 ounces a day. Put it in a shot glass and gulp! It really does give me clarity, energy, that over all feel good. . .I only pay $20 per bottle - $80 per case/4.

ChefBeckyD said:
I was diagnosed with Fibro about 8 years ago....and only last year learned that isn't what it was at all....I have Lyme's Disease. The Dr. who finally discovered it said that about 2/3 of the patients he sees with Lymes (it's a specialty area for him) came to him with a misdiagnosis of Fibro, or MS.

Because of the Lymes though, (which damaged internal organs and brought on a type of Chronic Fatigue) I also have to pace myself. Back to Back shows just about put me under for a week. I go to a Naturopathic Dr. who has me taking a "biosuperfood" Micro Algae supplement. It's $68 for a months supply, and it keeps me going - it's almost a miracle drug! I also have to take a natural thyroid supplement, because the Lyme's also messed with my thyroid.

So - if you haven't been checked for Lymes - ask for the blood test. It's not a routine test, and very often is never even considered. There are antibiotics and treatments that can help - but the longer it goes undiagnosed, the more damage it does internally.

Mine was just the opposite, Becky! At first, when Lyme disease was "new", that's what my dr thought I had. I work in a hospital. Several months (maybe a few years?) after my Lyme treatment, the lab director dropped by to visit. She said she'd studied more about Lyme and said my titers weren't right to have had Lyme. It was a number of years later when my Dr decided on FM.

dannyzmom said:

Oh NO! My brother was going to a "meeting" and I told him to be careful and not get duped!:eek::yuck:

SilverCeladon said:
Anyone ever try Monavie?
I think The Kat Lady and I might try a Monavie tonight. In fact, I think I'd like to see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

Last edited:
DebbieJ said:
Not worth the money.

way to expensive and not worth it. Costco is carring the same berry drink for MUCH less. If youwant to try it I would do that first.

One bottle lasted 1 week between my husband and I for $40 a bottle. I would rather get a couple of bottles of wine.

i tried it and it made me-----bleep my pants!! beware!!

I haven't seen a Monavie funny enough to do that to me since The Producers.

Oh NO! He (my brother) signed after attending a "taste testing"! :( He swears there's not a Min. Quota to meet each month and he already signed 3 people up (girlfriend and BFFs) and his bff signed someone! :O O MY, He's already a team leader! lol

Related to Monavie: A Review of the Popular Anti-Oxidant Drink

1. Is Monavie really effective in improving overall health and well-being?

While Monavie claims to have a number of health benefits, including improved energy, better digestion, and increased antioxidant levels, the effectiveness of the drink is still being debated. Some people have reported positive results from drinking Monavie, while others have not noticed any significant changes.

2. How much does Monavie cost?

The cost of Monavie varies depending on the distributor, but it can range from $40 to $60 for a 25-ounce bottle. This can be expensive for some individuals, especially if they plan on drinking it regularly.

3. Is Monavie only available through direct sales?

Yes, Monavie is sold through direct sales, also known as multi-level marketing. This means that individuals must purchase the product from a distributor or through the company's website. It is not available in stores or through other retail channels.

4. Are there any potential side effects of drinking Monavie?

There have been no reported serious side effects from drinking Monavie. However, some individuals have reported experiencing mild digestive issues, headaches, or allergic reactions. As with any new supplement or drink, it is recommended to consult with a healthcare professional before adding it to your routine.

5. Have any Pampered Chef consultants tried Monavie?

As a company, we do not endorse or promote any specific products, including Monavie. Therefore, we cannot provide information on whether any Pampered Chef consultants have personally tried the drink. We recommend doing your own research and consulting with a healthcare professional before making any decisions about trying Monavie.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
susanr613
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies