• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mastering CS Search: Tips for Faster and More Efficient Results

In summary, the forum software uses an "OR" search instead of an "AND", even when you type the plus sign or word 'and'. This means that the more words you enter, the more threads come up. Putting a phrase in quotes doesn't help. Searching only a few areas, like just host coaching, is only as good as where people put their threads in the first place.
rebeccastt
Silver Member
Does anyone have any tips for smarter searching on CS? I feel like I spend far too much time searching for what I'm looking for and that the CS "search" feature doesn't work like regular search engines.

For example, I was trying to find information on "business in a box", and I've been looking through 7 pages of links with no relation to my topic.

Maybe there are some tips that you can share with us that will help us find the information we are looking for faster!

Thanks in advance,

My searching is quicker because I've been on here more and I tend to remember someone who posted in a thread and can narrow it down a bit.I've notice that if you search on one word versus three you'll have better luck and pick the LEAST common word of the phrase to narrow more.Speaking of searching, I need to find that thread for a year ago where people decorated their TTAs to hold craft scissors etc. I am a booth at a craft fair on 5/31 and will be displaying PC stuff but want to bring an extra TTA with craft scissors, etc. to show the uses to hit that group of people. There were some great pics on here back then.

Janet, I seem to remember seeing pictures of that too a while back- I think when I viewed it, it was a resurrected thread. If I find it, I'll let you know!

The search that's used by the forum software implements an "OR" search instead of an "AND", even when you type the plus sign or word 'and'. Which means that the more words you enter, the more threads come up. Putting a phrase in quotes doesn't help. What can help is searching only a few areas, like just host coaching. But that's only as good as where people put their threads in the first place. :rolleyes:

I usually don't use the search function but I look in the files alot for what I'm looking for. I find that alot easier.

I agree with you Rebecca. It's a pain!

Here's my tip: don't use the Chef Success search box.Use Google.In the search box, put site:chefsuccess.com then a space, then your search terms. Use "quotation marks" if you're searching for a phrase all together, or like Ann was saying, use AND and OR between words or quoted phrases.For example, if I wanted a thread on Microplane Adjustable Grater that I know Ann posted on, I would search for
site:chefsuccess.com "Microplane Adjustable Grater" OR "MAG" AND chefann
FWIW, those results would be http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Achefsuccess.com+%22Microplane+Adjustable+Grater%22+OR+%22MAG%22+AND+chefann&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a.

KateD said:
Here's my tip: don't use the Chef Success search box.

Use Google.

In the search box, put site:chefsuccess.com then a space, then your search terms. Use "quotation marks" if you're searching for a phrase all together, or like Ann was saying, use AND and OR between words or quoted phrases.

For example, if I wanted a thread on Microplane Adjustable Grater that I know Ann posted on, I would search for

FWIW, those results would be http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Achefsuccess.com+%22Microplane+Adjustable+Grater%22+OR+%22MAG%22+AND+chefann&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a.

That is what I'm talking about! Yes!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Kate! Woo-hoo!!

That is awesome!!!! I have always hated the search on here because you get such a big return! Maybe we can sticky this thread so we don't forget. (Cause I know I will!)

I keep it simple---if I am looking for a grilling recipe, I type in Grill.

or Bridal Registry, just type Bridal

to get more info I keep the title shorter. I find it more helpful

Hey, glad it helped. I use the site: trick all the time, because I seriously cannot remember where things are...

1. How can I narrow down my search results on Cs?

There are a few ways to refine your search on Cs. You can use the filters on the left side of the search results page to narrow down by category, price, and more. You can also use quotation marks around your search terms to find exact matches, or use the minus sign (-) to exclude certain keywords from your results.

2. Can I search for specific products on Cs?

Yes, you can search for specific products by typing in the exact name or product number in the search bar. This will bring up the specific product page, where you can view more details and make a purchase.

3. How can I save my search on Cs for future reference?

If you have a Cs account, you can save your search by clicking on the "Save Search" button at the top of the search results page. This will allow you to access your saved search under the "My Saved Searches" section on your account page.

4. Can I search for products by price range on Cs?

Yes, you can use the price filter on the left side of the search results page to narrow down your search by a specific price range. You can also use the "Sort by" drop-down menu to arrange the products by price from lowest to highest or vice versa.

5. Are there any advanced search options on Cs?

Yes, you can access advanced search options by clicking on the "Advanced Search" link next to the search bar. This will allow you to search by multiple keywords, specify a specific category, and more.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cla519
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies