• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Possibly the Most Insecure Guy in the World

In summary, the third date went terrible. The man talked about himself excessively, was disrespectful to military families, and made comments about how he was losing muscle mass. Towards the end of the date, he asked the woman to feel his legs, which made her very uncomfortable.
LOL I like that the longest running wife. My boss has been married 3 times, he excitily announced at his last anniversary, that he has officially been married to one person longer then his 2 other marriages combined.

kcjodih said:
Only makes one mistake a year, doesn't have a problem with proofreading his own work, thinks mountain rappelling is the same as military duty and wants you to feel his leg? Hmmm, wonder why HE'S single?

Run Forrest, Run!

OMG... ROTFLMAO!!!!

But seriously Susan, so sory you had to endure this! I cannot immagine having to date again. I hated it the first time!

susanr613 said:
LOL I'm not that creative KG. As tempted as I was to tell him the truth, I emailed him that I am still not over a previous relationship and can't focus on him. "It's not you, it's me" is a time-tested way to shut the door without hitting the guy in the keister.

yea you wouldn't want to hit him in the keister.. he may want you to rub that too! :D

etteluap70PC said:
OMG... ROTFLMAO!!!!

But seriously Susan, so sory you had to endure this! I cannot immagine having to date again. I hated it the first time!

it's been over 20 years since I've dated...

Not looking to date, (personnally scares the S*** out of me).

I'll stick to hanging with my friends and kids..

colegrovet said:
yea you wouldn't want to hit him in the keister.. he may want you to rub that too! :D

No doubt, Terry!

I wasn't really all that interested in dating, but this guy seemed nice. Oh well, back to kids/friends/Netflix.

vwpamperedchef said:
You should reply "I make several mistakes a year, you happened to be one of them" LOL

Seriously that was mean, but I feel sorry for those of you in the dating scene. I know its very hard for my friends in their late 30s...

LOL LOL LOL This is so funny....

Susan, I hope a VERY nice man happens along to renew your faith in the dating world. I've been married 9 years as of this coming July, and I can still remember one of my worst dating experiences...I was a senior in high school, not really much for dating, but a friend fixed me up anyway on a blind date. We went out for a movie in the middle of the day, on a Saturday afternoon...and somewhere between our restaurant for lunch and the movie theater I find out he dated another friend of mine about a year before that (we'll call her "A") and he was STILL completely hung up on her. As soon as he figured out I knew "A" it was all he could talk about. And then...here's the fun part...he pulls out a cell phone and CALLS HER IN THE MIDDLE OF OUR DATE. I had already written off the entire experience as a science project gone terribly wrong, because he was SO weird. But calling her? And telling her, "Oh, just wanted to say hi. I'm on a date with Katie, and she mentioned she knows you." Ugh.

It is so funny to read the bad date stories. Andrea...I am still laughing about yours.

The WORST date I was ever on was like a "non-date". My sister thought it would be great to set me up with a friend of a friend of hers. (I was 19 at the time). I had seen the guy and he was major eye-candy. So I agreed. Well the night of our date he calls and says he has to go out of town, it is last minute and he has to reschedule. Okay no big deal right? The next day (morning after the "non-date" I found out he was arrested and put in jail for ROBBING a bar the night before!!!! OH MY WORD!! I guess his going out of town was contingent on him getting away with burglary.

I told my sister that she NEVER would be allowed to set me up again! And that she needed to find new friends.

Susan, I told The Furry Guy about your experience. When I got to the end of your recount of your date he said, "Yeah, sure. He wanted her to feel his 'leg.' I wonder if that line ever works for him."

Susan, I have the perfect name for him....Tonto!!! Read The Kitchen Guy's morning update for today 2/25...then read Rae's 1st reply (#2).....hmmm what do you think??? Hopefully this guy will be your worst date experience....then all your new dates will be good ones!!!

Susan, I've seen Linda's neighborhood...you may want to hope on a plane and check this guy out. :)

Besides, you know if Linda's recommending him, he's a good guy.

susanr613 said:
I had a third date tonight with someone who verbally just shot himself in both feet and probably every other appendage.

During our first date, I did notice that he talked about himself a lot and didn't seem too interested in what I had to say. OK I'll give him a second chance.

Second date was a little better, plus I had a couple glasses of wine.

Third date and OMG I am ready to never see him again. Here are a few examples...

Talking about work..."I only make one mistake a year." :(

Tallking about how it's hard to proofread your own work..."Not me. I have no problem with that." :rolleyes:

When I said I didn't want DS to go into the military and be at risk for being killed/injured or killing others...."I was in the Army" "No you weren't you were in ROTC" "Well....I did learn how to fight...I rappelled down a mountain, etc etc..." "Yes, but you didn't have to kill anyone" OK Cheffers, I thought he was being very disrespectful to those who actually HAVE put their lives at risk for the rest of us. Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I am not from a military family.

Then....he talked about how he thought he was losing muscle mass in his legs (he cycles as a serious hobby)....and wanted me to feel his leg!!! EWWWW!!!! :yuck:

Those of you who are married, be happy! I'm ready to pour myself a glass of wine, make some popcorn and watch TV....forever!!!

Susan, I'm so sorry. Can you say narcissist? I would not have wanted to feel his leg either! You poor thing... I'll fed ex some wine over to your house!!! HUGS!

pampered.chris said:
It is so funny to read the bad date stories. Andrea...I am still laughing about yours.

The WORST date I was ever on was like a "non-date". My sister thought it would be great to set me up with a friend of a friend of hers. (I was 19 at the time). I had seen the guy and he was major eye-candy. So I agreed. Well the night of our date he calls and says he has to go out of town, it is last minute and he has to reschedule. Okay no big deal right? The next day (morning after the "non-date" I found out he was arrested and put in jail for ROBBING a bar the night before!!!! OH MY WORD!! I guess his going out of town was contingent on him getting away with burglary.

I told my sister that she NEVER would be allowed to set me up again! And that she needed to find new friends.

LOL now I'm laughing about yours... OMG so much worse than mine, good thing you didn't go out with him. LOL Dating really SUCKS!

legacypc46 said:
Susan, I've seen Linda's neighborhood...you may want to hope on a plane and check this guy out. :)

Besides, you know if Linda's recommending him, he's a good guy.

maybe I could have him fly-up there in one of his planes and pick her up...

ohhhh... how romantic!

OK Linda this is going into PM territory ;-)

<h2>1. How did the person behave during the first date?</h2><p>During the first date, the person talked about themselves a lot and didn't seem very interested in what the other person had to say.</p><h2>2. How did the person's behavior change on the second date?</h2><p>The person's behavior improved slightly on the second date, but the other person also had a couple of glasses of wine which may have affected their perception.</p><h2>3. Can you provide an example of the person's insecure behavior?</h2><p>One example of the person's insecure behavior is when they talked about how they only make one mistake a year at work.</p><h2>4. How did the person respond to a sensitive topic like the military?</h2><p>The person was disrespectful to those who have served in the military by downplaying their experiences and claiming they learned how to fight and rappel down mountains in ROTC.</p><h2>5. What was one particularly uncomfortable moment during the date?</h2><p>One particularly uncomfortable moment was when the person asked the other person to feel their leg because they were concerned about losing muscle mass. This made the other person feel uncomfortable and was inappropriate for a third date.</p>

1. How did the person behave during the first date?

During the first date, the person talked about themselves a lot and didn't seem very interested in what the other person had to say.

2. How did the person's behavior change on the second date?

The person's behavior improved slightly on the second date, but the other person also had a couple of glasses of wine which may have affected their perception.

3. Can you provide an example of the person's insecure behavior?

One example of the person's insecure behavior is when they talked about how they only make one mistake a year at work.

4. How did the person respond to a sensitive topic like the military?

The person was disrespectful to those who have served in the military by downplaying their experiences and claiming they learned how to fight and rappel down mountains in ROTC.

5. What was one particularly uncomfortable moment during the date?

One particularly uncomfortable moment was when the person asked the other person to feel their leg because they were concerned about losing muscle mass. This made the other person feel uncomfortable and was inappropriate for a third date.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Pampered_Ashley84
Replies
Views
annew
  • DebbieSAChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth