• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie

N
noradawn
Hi Everyone!

Last night I made the Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie in the 10 inch professional skillet. It really didn't turn out well- I pulled it out after the recommended cooking time, it wasn't done, then I pulled it out later after I thought it was done (hard to tell since it's supposed to be sort of oozy on top) and although I ate some, I'm still not really quite sure that it was done. From everything I've read on here, I know it's supposed to be to-die-for, and since it's PC, I know it should be easy.

So, here's my question. I don't have a larger PC skillet yet (as soon as I have a recruit qualify, I'm going to use the $50 to get it off the supply order!) In the meantime, do you think I can use a piece of stoneware to bake it in? And if so, which stoneware piece? I have a host who requested it and her show is next week!

Thanks!

I think I'd try it in the bar pan.I made in the family skillet at my show last Saturday and it was to die for! The brownie mix just covered the bottom of the skillet - so it is quite a thin layer on the bottom.

I would use the glazed Deep Dish Baker. It's the closest in size to the Family Skillet.

Thanks for all your suggestions!

Has anyone out there actually tried this yet?

If not, I guess I'll just have to try it out again before the show! What a pity ;)

I need the recipe please!:) What recipe book is this in? If it is in the new Stoneware Inspirations Cookbook, could someone please post it? Mine was stolen a few weeks back. :mad: I need to get another one!
Thanks in advance!

Forget it, I found it in the new Season's Best! Thanks anyway! :)

My director has!
noradawn said:
Thanks for all your suggestions!

Has anyone out there actually tried this yet?

If not, I guess I'll just have to try it out again before the show! What a pity ;)

I have not made this, but My Director, says, it's to die for! She went on & on how much of a goo it was, but her teenage daughter & friends loved it. She said you literally had to just scoop it out of the skillet & plop it on your plate.

My recruit made it a couple of weeks ago at an all Dessert party & served it w/ homemade ice cream. (she had a $600.00+ show).

So it must be pretty good. I want to try it, too, but like you, I don't have the skillet.

Does anyone know if you sub the stones for the skillet, surely you won't get the same results???

I ended up just buying the skillet half price on the supply order. It came in time for the show, and was incredible! I'm happy to have the skillet, too. I was waiting until getting my first $50 in PC dollars to put towards it, but now I'll just have to use that for something else! (Two of my recruits have qualified in the meantime!)

1. What is a Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie?

A Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie is a delicious and decadent dessert made in a skillet, typically using a combination of chocolate, butter, sugar, eggs, and flour. The center of the brownie is meant to be slightly undercooked and gooey, similar to a lava cake.

2. Why didn't my Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie turn out well?

There could be a few reasons why your brownie didn't turn out as expected. It's important to make sure your skillet is the right size and type (10 inch professional skillet), and to follow the recommended cooking time closely. It's also possible that your oven temperature may be different than what the recipe calls for, so you may need to adjust accordingly.

3. Can I use a stoneware piece instead of a skillet to bake the Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie?

Yes, you can use stoneware to bake the brownie. The best stoneware piece to use would be the Large Round Stone with Handles, as it has a similar size and shape to the skillet. Make sure to preheat the stoneware in the oven before adding the brownie batter.

4. How do I know when the Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie is done?

The brownie should be slightly firm around the edges and slightly gooey in the center. You can test for doneness by inserting a toothpick or knife into the center of the brownie - if it comes out with some batter on it, it's not quite done yet. Be careful not to overbake, as the center should still be slightly undercooked.

5. Can I make the Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie in advance?

Yes, you can make the brownie ahead of time and reheat it before serving. Simply cover the skillet or stoneware with aluminum foil and store in the fridge until ready to reheat. To reheat, place in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until warm and gooey in the center.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • freddydress
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • stefani2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies