• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie Question...

In summary, the recipe says to use the Large Micro-Cooker to microwave the ice cream topping and water. However, the Small Micro-Cooker is not able to do this. The Classic Batter Bowl with no lid can also be used. Other suggestions of alternate products include the Rice Cooker and the Micro Cooker.
Kristen
I really want to make this recipe for a show on Friday because I think it will really show off our cookware! However, the recipe says to use the Large Micro-Cooker to microwave the ice cream topping and water. Unfortunately, I don't have this product. :( Does anyone know if I can use the Small Micro-Cooker, or am I looking at a complete mess by doing this? How about the Classic Batter Bowl w/out the lid? Any other suggestions of alternate products? Thanks!

Hi Kristen!

I've made this one a lot at shows, but have only used the Lg. Mircro cooker. You could practice it with the small one just to heat that stuff up and see what happens. I would think the batter bowl would work fine, but the cook time may be longer since it's supposed to boil. Maybe just experiment and see! :) Or maybe someone else on here has done what you were wondering.

Small cookerI used the small micro-cooker but at home. It is too small. I was able to get away with it as I was trying it at home. I'd suggest to try it first (even if it's with plain water).

Darn! Okay, maybe I'll do the the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake instead! :)

We made this at one of our cluster meetings and the consultant did not have the micro-cooker. We used the Classic Batter Bowl and it worked just fine.

I make this at home all the time. I love it! I alternate between the batter bowl and micro cooker.

Rice Cooker works, tooI have used the Classic Batter bowl and Rice Cooker with success.

Robin

I have used the Classic Batter bowl and it works great! This is such an awesome recipe! I am making it at all my February shows! YUM!

Where did you get the recipe for the Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownies? I would love to try it out. :D

Swirl,
It's in your Season's Best from this season Fall/Winter 05, page 24.

I made it last night. It is my recipe for the month.

I use the small microcooker, but after I poured it I started to talk about all our micro products I showed them the rice cooker. When I pointed out you can use the rice cooker as well for the microwave cake they wanted a demo on that. The hostess whipped together the cake and scooped the icing on top. Micro for 9 minutes and BAM! 4 rice cookers sold in one night!!

In other words yes you can use the small micro cooker or the batter bowl, but don't forget to cross sell the products :)

I made this the other night and it was awesome. I didn't have hot fudge, but I did have carmel topping. The carmel topping is thin as it is, so I warmed it up and drizzled over the top, very yummy. I ate too much of it. I love trying out our recipes, but I hate having to eat it all. My husband won't always eat it!

1. How do I make a molten chocolate skillet brownie?

To make a molten chocolate skillet brownie, you will need a skillet, brownie mix, eggs, oil, and water. Preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare the brownie mix according to the package instructions. Pour the batter into a greased skillet and bake for 25-30 minutes. Let the brownie cool for 5 minutes before serving.

2. What is the best skillet to use for a molten chocolate brownie?

The best skillet to use for a molten chocolate brownie is a cast iron skillet. This type of skillet distributes heat evenly, resulting in a perfectly cooked brownie with a crispy edge and gooey center.

3. Can I make a gluten-free or vegan version of a molten chocolate skillet brownie?

Yes, you can make a gluten-free or vegan version of a molten chocolate skillet brownie. Simply use a gluten-free brownie mix or substitute ingredients like almond milk and flax eggs for the non-vegan options.

4. How do I prevent my molten chocolate skillet brownie from sticking to the skillet?

To prevent your molten chocolate skillet brownie from sticking, make sure to thoroughly grease the skillet with butter or cooking spray before pouring in the batter. You can also line the skillet with parchment paper for easy removal.

5. Can I add other ingredients to my molten chocolate skillet brownie?

Yes, you can add other ingredients to your molten chocolate skillet brownie to make it even more delicious. Some popular additions include chopped nuts, chocolate chips, and caramel sauce. Just be sure not to overload the skillet, as this can affect the cooking time and texture of the brownie.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • freddydress
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies