1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie question...

1. Kristen

Kristen Member

I really want to make this recipe for a show on Friday because I think it will really show off our cookware! However, the recipe says to use the Large Micro-Cooker to microwave the ice cream topping and water. Unfortunately, I don't have this product. :( Does anyone know if I can use the Small Micro-Cooker, or am I looking at a complete mess by doing this? How about the Classic Batter Bowl w/out the lid? Any other suggestions of alternate products? Thanks!

Jan 17, 2006
  2. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

Hi Kristen!

I've made this one a lot at shows, but have only used the Lg. Mircro cooker. You could practice it with the small one just to heat that stuff up and see what happens. I would think the batter bowl would work fine, but the cook time may be longer since it's supposed to boil. Maybe just experiment and see! :) Or maybe someone else on here has done what you were wondering.

Jan 17, 2006
  3. showmehow2

showmehow2 Guest

Small cooker

I used the small micro-cooker but at home. It is too small. I was able to get away with it as I was trying it at home. I'd suggest to try it first (even if it's with plain water).

Jan 17, 2006
  4. Kristen

Kristen Member

Darn! Okay, maybe I'll do the the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake instead! :)

Jan 17, 2006
  5. rwesterpchef

rwesterpchef Advanced Member

We made this at one of our cluster meetings and the consultant did not have the micro-cooker. We used the Classic Batter Bowl and it worked just fine.

Jan 17, 2006
  6. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

I make this at home all the time. I love it! I alternate between the batter bowl and micro cooker.

Feb 1, 2006
  7. priscilla

priscilla Guest

Rice Cooker works, too

I have used the Classic Batter bowl and Rice Cooker with success.

Robin

Feb 1, 2006
  8. MFox0405

MFox0405 Silver Member

I have used the Classic Batter bowl and it works great! This is such an awesome recipe! I am making it at all my February shows! YUM!

Feb 1, 2006
  9. Swirl

Swirl Member

Where did you get the recipe for the Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownies? I would love to try it out. :D

Feb 1, 2006
  10. rwesterpchef

rwesterpchef Advanced Member

Swirl,
    It's in your Season's Best from this season Fall/Winter 05, page 24.

11. I made it last night. It is my recipe for the month.

I use the small microcooker, but after I poured it I started to talk about all our micro products I showed them the rice cooker. When I pointed out you can use the rice cooker as well for the microwave cake they wanted a demo on that. The hostess whipped together the cake and scooped the icing on top. Micro for 9 minutes and BAM! 4 rice cookers sold in one night!!

In other words yes you can use the small micro cooker or the batter bowl, but don't forget to cross sell the products :)

12. pamperedalf

pamperedalf Senior Member Silver Member

I made this the other night and it was awesome. I didn't have hot fudge, but I did have carmel topping. The carmel topping is thin as it is, so I warmed it up and drizzled over the top, very yummy. I ate too much of it. I love trying out our recipes, but I hate having to eat it all. My husband won't always eat it!

Feb 1, 2006
Have something to add?