• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Missing the Action: DH on Route to Structure Fire

In summary, DH stands for "Driver/Operator of the fire apparatus". A structure fire is a fire that occurs in a building or other man-made structure. Missing the action refers to when the DH arrives after other firefighters who are already working to put out the fire. This is a common problem for DHs because they are responsible for driving the large and heavy fire truck, which can be difficult to maneuver through traffic in emergency situations. To prevent missing the action, DHs should practice and familiarize themselves with the route to common locations for structure fires, communicate with other firefighters about the best route, and constantly monitor traffic and road conditions while driving to the scene.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
DH is in route to a structure fire right now and I'm sitting here missing it! :cry:

You know, Janet, there aren't many people in the world who would be upset about missing out on being at a fire!:love:

Have you heard from him? Is everyone safe?

you are such a pyro!

Sorry you are disappointed... I don't like structure fires at all!

I understand you. Well not completely. But my brother while in college would call home to find out the details of the fires. He could sometimes pick up the tones and signals at school, but being 45 min away, he usually didn't try to rush home. But he always got so upset when he missed a fire.

Well, I got another FD member to watch my kids so I dropped them off and was about to get gear on to join them but they put it out already. :( (Smiley face for the homeowner though).Well, I spent the last few hours trying to safely disassemble and lower the 14' wide garage door that came down on the tanker on the way out and was wedged in the door frame. So I didn't fight a fire, but did PLENTY of work. The guys are sealing it off now since it is very cold here and the garage door company can't replace it until Monday.

pcchefjane said:
Sorry you are disappointed... I don't like structure fires at all!

Most people run out, we run in! LOL! :D

It is just being fully trained and being an officer, it is tough to watch the young 20 year old guys go and get to fight the fire and you can't!

I hate knowing something is happening and I can't help.

Well, homeowners are safe, fire is out. Life is back to "normal" again.

Related to Missing the Action: DH on Route to Structure Fire

1. What does "DH" stand for in the title?

DH stands for "Driver/Operator of the fire apparatus".

2. What is a structure fire?

A structure fire is a fire that occurs in a building or other man-made structure such as a house, office building, or warehouse.

3. What does it mean to "miss the action"?

Missing the action refers to when the DH, who is responsible for driving the fire truck to the scene of a fire, arrives after the other firefighters who are already working to put out the fire.

4. Why is missing the action a common problem for DHs?

DHs often miss the action because they are responsible for driving the large and heavy fire truck, which can be difficult to maneuver through traffic, especially in emergency situations.

5. How can missing the action be prevented?

To prevent missing the action, DHs should practice and familiarize themselves with the route to common locations for structure fires, communicate with other firefighters about the best route to take, and constantly monitor traffic and road conditions while driving to the scene.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
Replies
Views
baychef