• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Missing Trifle Bowl a Case of MIL's Memory Loss?

but my MIL did something similar last year! We share a love of cookbooks and she came over for a visit right after I had gotten a new one. I handed it to her and said "here's a new cookbook I got"... well, as she was getting ready to leave, she says "thanks for the cookbook".When I first started PC I had a show with a lady from our church. I ordered several things on her show for Christmas gifts and the lady was nice enough to wrap them all and give them to my MIL to hand out - these were for my family and my husbands family. Well, she just kept them all. Said thanks for all the stuff and by the way the
lockhartkitchen
Two months ago my trifle bowl (box and all) was missing. I had only used it at one show during that week. I hated to think the worst of a host (keeping something), but there was no other explanation, or I thought. I looked in the trunk, I asked my family if they had unloaded anything into the garage, etc. Tonight, my MIL is looking at a Season's Best and sees a recipe for Tarimisu. She says, I bet this recipe would be great in my Tarimisu Bowl you gave me. It's sitting on my table right now with silver balls in it. Gave it to her? I most certainly did not! She leaves the room and I tell my husband I found the missing trifle bowl. Mind you, I had to purchase another one, so I could do my trifle bowl recipes that month. Wasn't worth arguing with her. I honestly think she's getting memory loss. But, I'm glad my host didn't keep it.

OH NO! I would have made some sort of remark that I didn't GIVE her it at all!! Thats just crazy!!

WOW!! That's crazy she thinks you gave it to her when you didn't! At least you found out where it disappeared to!

I had to smile at your story... I know it's not really funny and I"m sorry that you had to buy another one... BUT my MIL did something similar last year! We share a love of cookbooks and she came over for a visit right after I had gotten a new one. I handed it to her and said "here's a new cookbook I got"... well, as she was getting ready to leave, she says "thanks for the cookbook".I mean, how do you react to something like that??? Especially when it's MIL... lol.

When I first started PC I had a show with a lady from our church. I ordered several things on her show for Christmas gifts and the lady was nice enough to wrap them all and give them to my MIL to hand out - these were for my family and my husbands family. Well, she just kept them all. Said thanks for all the stuff and by the way the package for grandma was microwave dishes and she doesn't have a microwave so I just took it home with me. It had been for MY grandmother and the label had clearly stated that we found out later. What do you do? It was aweful because several people in my family ended up getting nothing and then when we did let her know that she had made a mistake, she went and wrapped everything back up and gave it to my family already used. You know, I think she may be crazy.

People are nutty. At my show last Saturday a guest who had earned the free Sprinkles picked up the sample on the table and asked if she was supposed to take "this one." I told her no, that she'd get a brand new one with her order. She had earned a full bottle, not one that was half empty. LOL!

I let a co-worker borrow my PC books, because she was looking to make a special dinner - I got them back 7 months later - with my 'Main Dishes', a Stoneware cookbook missing and 7 of my Season's Best missing (I had ALL of them from all the years). Lesson learned....won't do that again, but unfortunately, I STILL have to work with her. Grrrr.

wow, you have one ballsy MIL.

itsjustCarla said:
I let a co-worker borrow my PC books, because she was looking to make a special dinner - I got them back 7 months later - with my 'Main Dishes', a Stoneware cookbook missing and 7 of my Season's Best missing (I had ALL of them from all the years). Lesson learned....won't do that again, but unfortunately, I STILL have to work with her. Grrrr.

There's no way I wouldn't have said something like, "oh, are you sure this is all of them because I thought I also gave you ____ and I really need them for my shows. Would you mind checking?"

Actually, you could still do this. Maybe say something like, "I've been looking for some of my recipe books and there are a few that I need that I can't find. I know I lent them to someone, and I think it might have been to you, would you mind checking in case they got mixed in with your own books. Thanks! I really want to find them, because some of them are irreplacable"

PampChefJoy said:
I had to smile at your story... I know it's not really funny and I"m sorry that you had to buy another one... BUT my MIL did something similar last year! We share a love of cookbooks and she came over for a visit right after I had gotten a new one. I handed it to her and said "here's a new cookbook I got"... well, as she was getting ready to leave, she says "thanks for the cookbook".

I mean, how do you react to something like that??? Especially when it's MIL... lol.

This happened to me too! Only, she wrote "From Robert & Crystal, Feb. 14, 2005" in the front cover.... :rolleyes::eek: My DH brought it home though... lol

AnnieBee said:
There's no way I wouldn't have said something like, "oh, are you sure this is all of them because I thought I also gave you ____ and I really need them for my shows. Would you mind checking?"

Actually, you could still do this. Maybe say something like, "I've been looking for some of my recipe books and there are a few that I need that I can't find. I know I lent them to someone, and I think it might have been to you, would you mind checking in case they got mixed in with your own books. Thanks! I really want to find them, because some of them are irreplacable"

I have asked her and have also emailed her. This woman is a not-so-neat person to put it mildly - my guess is that she's lost them. My anger is subsiding. I'm tempted to buy them all again and give her the bill.

haha... You're better than me, I don't know if I could have held my tongue.. Good thing we love our DHs!!

What is a Mil Took Trifle Bowl?

A Mil Took Trifle Bowl is a specialized serving dish that is designed specifically for making and presenting trifle desserts. It has a wide, deep bowl with a narrow base and a pedestal, making it perfect for layering and displaying the colorful layers of a trifle.

Is the Mil Took Trifle Bowl microwave and oven safe?

Yes, the Mil Took Trifle Bowl is made from high-quality tempered glass that is safe for use in the microwave and oven. It can withstand temperatures up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

What is the size of the Mil Took Trifle Bowl?

The Mil Took Trifle Bowl has a capacity of 4.5 quarts and measures 9 inches in diameter and 5.5 inches in height. It is the perfect size for serving and displaying a large trifle dessert.

Can the Mil Took Trifle Bowl be used for other dishes besides trifle?

While the Mil Took Trifle Bowl is designed specifically for trifle desserts, it can also be used for other dishes such as salads, fruit bowls, and layered dips. Its versatile design makes it a great addition to any kitchen.

Is the Mil Took Trifle Bowl dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Mil Took Trifle Bowl is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, hand washing is recommended to prolong the life of the bowl and maintain its beautiful appearance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • luckystar
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U