• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying to Do Something New With the Trifle Bowl.

In summary, a group of friends is hosting a pool party and the boyfriend is trying to come up with a new recipe for his trifle bowl. He reads online that someone has a recipe for a mexican layer dip in the trifle bowl. He is excited to try it, but is worried that the bowl is too deep for the dip. He has two ideas for how to make the mexican layer dip more accessible- one using a Quick-Stir Pitcher and the other assembling the dip in a regular bowl and then demoing it in the trifle bowl.
cookingmommy
Hi Everyone,

I remember reading somewhere that someone had a recipe for a mexican layer dip in the trifle bowl. I really want to do something new with my trifle bowl. Mygirlfriend's party is outside at a pool away from the kitchen so I also wanted it to be "no bake".

Could anyone send me in the right direction for this recipe?

So far she has invited over 40 people to this party. I am trying not to get my hopes up but I'm still excited!!!!!! Maybe some bookings for July!!! Maybe even someone to recruit to sell here in Connecticut since I am leaving to go back to Guam in 6 weeks. High Hopes!!!!

Thanks,

Is there a grill near the pool? You could assemble a salad (or dessert) in the trifle bowl...then demo a grilled pizza! With that number of people, one little trifle isn't going to be enough..but you could assemble a 2nd recipe in a regular bowl.. :)

I just did the Southwestern Layered Salad in the trifle bowl and it was pretty and tasty.

1 can black or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 green pepper, chopped
1 16 oz. bag iceberg lettuce mix
1 carton grape tomatoes
1 16 oz. carton sour cream
1 jar salsa (I forget the size I used - I think it was 16 oz.)
1 8 oz. bag shredded cheddar cheese
sliced green onions

Combine sour cream and salsa in a bowl. Set aside.
Layer half of each ingredient, pushing beans and pepper toward the outside of the trifle bowl so they show up, and cutting tomatoes in half, placing cut side against the side of the trifle bowl. Layer in this order:
beans
peppers
lettuce
tomatoes
dressing (salsa/sour cream)
cheese
green onions

Repeat layers.

You can add grilled chicken or taco meat on top of the lettuce for a heartier salad.

Thanks girls. Those are two great ideas but unfortunately now my friend is all excited about a mexican dip. I'll have to keep looking.

Luckily she is making a few other appetizers and a few friends are bringing something too!!! At the very least it should be a good time. Hopefully a good time with lots of orders!!!!!

OK- mexican dip in the trifle bowl.... we can do this.

Here's what I would do. Make 7-layer dip, but do the set of layers twice, so you have 14. That way, you don't have to dig all the way down to the bottom of the bowl to get all the flavors.
refried beans
guacamole (show off the mix 'n' masher)
salsa
sour cream
cheese
black olives
green onions

You really can show off a lot of tools if you think through the layers. And you can use the PC guacamole mix to make the guac.

That sound's perfect. I like the sound of "14 layer" even better than "7". Of course now that I am thinking about it maybe the trifle bowl is a tad deep for a dip. I just remembering reading a post about someone doing one and it sounded delicious.

Well, we'll see how it turns out. I just made the pizza dip and the tomato basil sqaures and they were fabulous. I am trying these brownie tuxedo cups for the first time this weekend. I am excited for them. Yum Yum. This new lifestyle isn't doing wonders for my waistline!!!!

Thanks!!!!

I wouldn't dip straight from the trifle bowl. Let people use a large spoon and put a scoop on their own plates.

Ann,

Yum...the more I am thinking about this the better it sounds. Obviously I need to use a spoon...what was I thinking!!!!!

If you have a 2nd trifle bowl, you can make Margaritas in it and let people ladle them out into cups.
:D
P-A-R-T-Y!

Oh that sounds great. Unfortunately I don't have a second trifle bowl, I'm limited in my "heavier" items because it is going to cost me a fortune to ship most of my stuff back home. Hmmmm....I'll have to find a new place for the margaritas or the dip.

If you have a Quick-stir Pitcher, you can make margaritas in that.

Perfect....my mom just ordered herself one with her FPV for being for first host. I am excited for this party. I really hope that the guests will have a great time too....then maybe some July bookings or some new customers that I can stay in touch with!!!!!

Super IdeaI thought of this as I was laying in bed last night. You can still do the Mexican Layer Dip - but try this for presentation.

Take the bottom of the Trifle Bowl (the Stand) and put it IN the Trifle bowl. Layer different colours of tortilla chips (red, yellow, those dark "black bean" ones) in the bowl, around the stand. Make the layered dip in a SA bowl that will fit on the stand, in the bowl. Beatiful, and truly innovative! Also, you can just layer the chips without the stand, and make a larger dip in a SA bowl and serve it below, along side with the Salsa/Guac duo in the caddy.:D

Hope that is helpful and makes your show a hit!

Good luck!

That sounds absolutely beautiful.

PLus, I talked to my girlfriend today and she wants to do margaritas also. I just need to make sure I get all my orders before the alcohol gets to them,lol. I really want to show everyone what a great time our cooking shows can be. She has a real diverse crowd coming (personal friends, family,in-laws, and four jobs worth of friends) and I hoping to get some bookings and maybe a recruiting lead or two.....or six,lol.

I"m excited. That party isn't until next friday but I have a party tommorrow. I hope both are big successes. My last party was kindof a downer!!!!

You want the alcohol to hit them a little. People tend to order more if they're, um... happy. It loosens their purse strings.

Not that you want them sloshed, either. :)

Ann,

That's smart. I'll need to give my hostess a few shots before though. She can hold quite a bit of alcohol. Then maybe she can be a little pushy on getting people to order stuff too. Too funny.

1. How do I use the trifle bowl for something other than trifle?

There are many creative ways to use a trifle bowl! You can use it to serve layered salads, pasta dishes, or even as a centerpiece filled with seasonal decorations. The possibilities are endless!

2. What ingredients can I use to make a unique trifle?

You can use a variety of ingredients to create a unique and delicious trifle. Some ideas include using different types of cake, fresh fruit, pudding, whipped cream, and even chocolate or caramel sauces. Get creative and have fun experimenting!

3. How do I prevent my trifle from becoming soggy?

To prevent your trifle from becoming soggy, make sure to use a sturdy base, such as pound cake or brownies, and avoid adding any wet ingredients until just before serving. You can also try layering ingredients that are less likely to become soggy, such as fresh fruit or nuts, in between layers of softer ingredients.

4. Can I make a trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make a trifle ahead of time, but it is best to assemble it no more than a day in advance. Keep it covered and refrigerated until ready to serve. If using fresh fruit, add it right before serving to prevent it from becoming too soft.

5. How do I clean and care for my trifle bowl?

To clean your trifle bowl, wash it by hand with warm soapy water and a soft sponge. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbing too harshly as it can scratch the surface. To prevent scratches, store your trifle bowl separately from other kitchen items. Proper care will ensure your trifle bowl will last for many delicious desserts to come!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennLizFran
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • ChefMoore
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kspry
  • spoiledchef