• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has anyone tried a layered fruit salad in a Trifle Bowl?

In summary, you could use fruit in the Trifle Bowl in the vertical or horizontal way. You could also layer fruit, or use canned mandarin oranges.
ChefMoore
I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to do a layered fruit salad in the Trifle Bowl. I would like to try this for my office Christmas Party and was looking for any pointers from others. Thanks!

I used fruit in the trifle bowl at a summer party. It wasn't fruit salad, though - it was just fruit.

I sectioned it off vertically by using some cardboard pieces as dividers. Then when the fruit was in, I pulled the cardboard dividers out.

Anyway, it looked real pretty.

Do it all the time, in fact my host did it on Saturday at a brunch. Sometimes we layer each fruit individually and then sometimes we just dump it all mixed together. There have also been times I have layered it with yogurt.

When you layer the fruit, how many different fruits and what types of fruits do you use? Do you have a recipe?

I've layered melon (cantaloupe), pineapple and strawberries. No recipe - just cut up fresh fruit. Yum!

If I have strawberries, I slice a few large ones and place the slices against the glass, "For pretty". Same with star fruit (Carambula) when it is in season. Star shaped slices against the glass.Canned mandarin oranges are a nice addition, but rinse them. The liquid in the can does not taste nice.Fresh fruit is always welcome and popular.

kspry said:
I used fruit in the trifle bowl at a summer party. It wasn't fruit salad, though - it was just fruit.

I sectioned it off vertically by using some cardboard pieces as dividers. Then when the fruit was in, I pulled the cardboard dividers out.

Anyway, it looked real pretty.

This sounds nice...how many dividers did you use??

Three, in a Y shape looking down at the trifle bowl.
It had grapes, strawberries and I forget the 3rd fruit.

You could do 4 in an X shape, too, if you have 4 fruits.
Alternating green grapes and strawberries (if you can find decent strawberries this time of year) might look vaguely Christmassy.

My host & I thought that it would be better the vertical way, so people wouldn't have to go through layers of grapes to get to the strawberries, for instance.

1. How do I make fruit salad in a trifle bowl using Pampered Chef products?

To make fruit salad in a trifle bowl using Pampered Chef products, you will need the Trifle Bowl, the Mix 'N Scraper®, and the Salad Chopper. First, chop your desired fruits into bite-sized pieces using the Salad Chopper. Then, layer the fruits in the Trifle Bowl, starting with a layer of berries at the bottom. Use the Mix 'N Scraper to evenly spread each layer. Repeat this process until the bowl is full. Serve and enjoy!

2. Can I use any type of fruit in the trifle bowl?

Yes, you can use any type of fruit in the trifle bowl. Some popular options include berries, melons, kiwi, pineapple, and grapes. You can also mix and match different types of fruit for a colorful and flavorful fruit salad.

3. How long can I keep the fruit salad in the trifle bowl?

Fruit salad in a trifle bowl should be consumed within 2-3 days if stored in the refrigerator. If you are making it ahead of time, it is recommended to store the fruit and the dressing separately and assemble the salad right before serving for best results.

4. Can I add a dressing or sauce to the fruit salad?

Yes, you can add a dressing or sauce to the fruit salad for added flavor. A popular option is a simple honey-lime dressing made with honey, lime juice, and a pinch of salt. You can also try a creamy dressing using yogurt, honey, and lemon juice.

5. Can I use the trifle bowl for other dishes besides fruit salad?

Yes, the trifle bowl can be used for a variety of dishes besides fruit salad. It is perfect for layered desserts like trifle, pudding, or ice cream sundaes. It can also be used to serve dips, salads, and even as a decorative centerpiece filled with seasonal decorations or flowers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Morvin
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • 4kids4me
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
nikked
  • spoiledchef